EV owners sure look stOOpid now!!

Really? That is surprising. In the event of a power failure, the solar panels will backfeed and potentially hurt the linemen.
Tesla systems with battery backup will automatically disconnect from the grid when the power fails, and will not re-connect until there is power. That leaves you free to use the solar and battery power for your home.

Hmm, you might want to check your sources. 2.00 for a car, with a dollar added for each axle.

DOH!
You silly ass, I go over that bridge sometimes several times a month. There was a toll on it when I was young, there is no toll now. Damn man, do you ever research what you post, or do you just automatically spew lies like the treasonous fat senile old orange clown?

Umm, no. You need to increase power generation, dumbass.
87% of new generation in this nation this year is solar and wind. That is an increase in generation. We can easily install more renewables faster than we can build either natural gas or coal fired plants. And far, far faster than we can build nuclear plants. For reasons of economy, from here on almost all new generation will be solar and wind.

87% of new generation in this nation this year is solar and wind. That is an increase in generation. We can easily install more renewables faster than we can build either natural gas or coal fired plants. And far, far faster than we can build nuclear plants. For reasons of economy, from here on almost all new generation will be solar and wind.

So what. That is a miniscule amount of new generation you retard. And it doesn't operate 24/7.

Seriously....how funny is this?
No elaboration necessary....

UK Readying New Law Mandating Home EV Chargers Be Shut Down During Peak Hours | ZeroHedge

Hold my beer

In the wee hours this morning I got up to urinate and the power was off here. Used a flashlight, not a problem.

However, it shows the real problem with the entire EV fad. It depends on the reliability of electrical power and in so many locations like California and other locations in the 3rd World, power outages are very common.

When the pump don't pump no one cares. It's a fuel shortage.

The consumer is not concerned with the supply chain, fool, only with availability and price.

Just how ignorant are you anyway?
Only the thick think so. It's utterly over your head, isn't it? Not once I've not been able to get fuel, because there's loads of it. Some haulage company who spat the dummy out (pacifier in American speak) over Brexit, set a false rumour off about fuel issues, so a number of bellends panic bought fuel. Just like when the bellends bought loads of toilet paper. So the frequency of deliveries remained the same because of a shortage of drivers. Many forecourts traded as normal, some limited the amount you could buy and the odd one ran out. But there's fucking loads of fuel. But again, over your head by 33,000 feet.

Ford sold 3000 Mustang EV's in November. That is almost 1/2 as many EV's as ICE Mustangs. Guess that there are at least 3000 Americans that want EV flavored Mustangs.

In the wee hours this morning I got up to urinate and the power was off here. Used a flashlight, not a problem.

However, it shows the real problem with the entire EV fad. It depends on the reliability of electrical power and in so many locations like California and other locations in the 3rd World, power outages are very common.
LOL Renewables and grid scale storage will stabilize the grid and make blackouts much less common;

"It's the bet that saved Australia tens of millions of dollars. The battery backup Elon Musk built to win a bet has saved South Australia tens of millions of dollars. The record-setting "battery" is made of Tesla PowerPacks and helps stabilize the local grid. Rural South Australia experiences bad blackouts each summer.Mar 10, 2020" https://www.google.com/search?clien...tralian+grid&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Only the thick think so. It's utterly over your head, isn't it? Not once I've not been able to get fuel, because there's loads of it. Some haulage company who spat the dummy out (pacifier in American speak) over Brexit, set a false rumour off about fuel issues, so a number of bellends panic bought fuel. Just like when the bellends bought loads of toilet paper. So the frequency of deliveries remained the same because of a shortage of drivers. Many forecourts traded as normal, some limited the amount you could buy and the odd one ran out. But there's fucking loads of fuel. But again, over your head by 33,000 feet.
BLA BLA BLA BLA

When the pumps don't pump there's a fuel shortage.

Your feigned ignorance aside.

Yes, easily. All that is needed is transmission lines. We did better than that before.

Coal-powered electricity generation capacity increased significantly in the 1970s and 1980s​

The United States built many coal-fired power plants during the 1970s and 1980s to meet growing electricity demand. National energy policy, responding to concerns about global oil supplies in the 1970s and worries about scarcity of natural gas, favored coal as a domestic and reliable power source. During the two-decade “big buildup” of coal-fired power plants between 1967 and 1987, the United States added 202,416 MW—about two-thirds of the nation’s total coal-generating capacity.

In the seventies and eighties there were far fewer regulatory obstacles and environmental whackos blocking construction.

Is there a law against solar systems with battery backup in Arizona? Here we can get such systems, and when the grid goes down they automatically disconnect from the grid, and you can use the battery and backup to power your home while the grid is down.
You can get battery backups, but they are expensive and take up a lot of space.

Yet, solar and wind still remain but only about 10% of the total grid. A hydro dam or nuclear plant may take longer to build, but only because once finished, they supply vastly more than fields and fields of windmills and solar panels and they do so reliably, 24/7.

We are driving energy demand up up up with all this talk of EV everything in a growing population but renewable development will not be able to keep up with it alone and we are making a grave mistake as coal plants become obsolete and not building new nuclear and other plants that soon, one of these days, we are going to get caught with our pants around our ankles with everyone needing lots and lots of electricity and nowhere to get it from.

We are building ourselves into a corner of power shortages, blackouts, and limited supply.

Is there a law against solar systems with battery backup in Arizona? Here we can get such systems, and when the grid goes down they automatically disconnect from the grid, and you can use the battery and backup to power your home while the grid is down.
Nearly 2 weeks and 9,200 homes are without power due to storm Arwen. Those with gas stoves and ICE cars are ok.

How many of your AA batteries will a house need for 2 weeks?

Nearly 2 weeks and 9,200 homes are without power due to storm Arwen. Those with gas stoves and ICE cars are ok.

How many of your AA batteries will a house need for 2 weeks?

I've learned, a few years ago, that modern gas-powered appliances no longer have pilot lights. California banned pilot lights some time ago, so now, gas-powered appliances have electrical igniters. That means that even with an ample supply of gas, in an electrical outage, they won't ignite.

I learned this from an acquaintance who lives in an area affected by the PG&E outages a year or two ago, who had to rig up some alternative electrical source in order for her hot water heater to work.

I've learned, a few years ago, that modern gas-powered appliances no longer have pilot lights. California banned pilot lights some time ago, so now, gas-powered appliances have electrical igniters. That means that even with an ample supply of gas, in an electrical outage, they won't ignite.

I learned this from an acquaintance who lives in an area affected by the PG&E outages a year or two ago, who had to rig up some alternative electrical source in order for her hot water heater to work.
Boilers have pilot lights, gas fires and stoves/cooker hobs don't, well, not in the UK. I remember when in the floods, our estate was without power for over a week, we just had to light the gas fire and cooker hob with a match or gas fire lighter.

Pumps in a boiler would require electric anyhow. So you just heat up a few pans of water on the cooker hob.

Last edited:
There's a saying, "Do not put your eggs into one basket". If you solely wish to rely on gas only or electric only, knock your pan in. We keep candles, camping stoves, spare gas cannisters and torches with spare batteries. In my lifetime, the gas has never gone off, but the electric certainly has.

And most importantly, a diesel car, the friend of a power cut

Boilers have pilot lights, gas fires and stoves/cooker hobs don't, well, not in the UK. I remember when in the floods, our estate was without power for over a week, we just had to light the gas fire and cooker hob with a match or gas fire lighter.

Pumps in a boiler would require electric anyhow. So you just heat up a few pans of water on the cooker hob.
In the US no modern appliances have pilot lights. They all use electronic igniters to save gas and reduce the possibility of accidental poisoning. Stoves can be lit with matches in an emergency.

Forum List

Back