EV cars weight is adding stress to old parking garages and may have already caused collapses.

They (big insurance) had the charger stations removed from a indoor parking facility locally, due to the number of EV fires occurring.......~S~
Link..where is it ?

How many gas stations are found in indoor parking facilities ?

They (big insurance) had the charger stations removed from a indoor parking facility locally, due to the number of EV fires occurring.......~S~
Question. Which is more likely to catch fire, EV or gas car…
gas cars are 100 times more likely
100 times more, 100 times more…let that sink in foolish.

Plus they’re tearing up roads and not paying gas taxes to repair them.
Rearing upw roads…hilarious. That’s really funny/ stupid.
….they aren’t. Just the gas and oil leakage alone is harder on pavement. Car damage is miniscule compared to long haul trucks….your post is foolish.

Besides, EVs weight no more than a couple of Trumps sitting in the back seat….The three hundred pounder could easily be replaced by a hybrid battery. Everyone would be better off.

Last edited:
Question. Which is more likely to catch fire, EV or gas car…
gas cars are 100 times more likely
100 times more, 100 times more…let that sink in foolish.
But only EV's spontaneously combust.

:rolleyes: Compare apples to apples, jackass.

5.2L V8 2024 F-150 curb weight = 5,757 lbs.
Electric 2024 F-150 curb weight = 6,893 lbs.
2024 Tesla Cybertruck curb weight =6603 lbs.

One nice thing about being an uneducated construction worker ... is I've built parking garages ... even completely full, these weight differences are far far below the structural capabilities of these, or any, building of any kind ... it don't get 3 inches off the ground without redundancy ...

Your slab is rated to 3,000 lbs per square inch ... the mass of an F-150 every two inches ... and boy I wish it was that simple ... stress is the culprit here, the effects that radiate out from the rig's footprint ... and this is why we put steel re-enforcements in ... and hire guy's like me to tie it all together ...

Think concrete interstate freeway bridges taking 34-ton semi-trucks all day, all night, one right after another, two lanes both directions ... like the I-95 ... and you're worried about and extra 1/2 ton of pussy-wagon ... we're talking about glorified golf carts, any EV any bigger and you better be living near a big hydroelectric station ...

=====

Piston-engine rigs also use anti-freeze ... that stuff is sweet to the taste but deadly poisonous ... animals will lap it right down and die if folks be careless ... EVs don't use the stuff ... so there's one more major pollutant we remove from society with EVs ...

Horsefeathers ... break a gas line over the catalytic converter ... see ... break a wire near a build up of leaked oil ... see ...

Spontaneous ...

Sure, if you break something. So not exactly spontaneous combustion in the sense that it goes up in flames without being acted upon by an outside force.

Sure, if you break something. So not exactly spontaneous combustion in the sense that it goes up in flames without being acted upon by an outside force.

Things break on their own ... you know that ... do you even wash the bottom of your rig on a regular basis? ... am I the last person in the world who would go and jiggle all the fuels lines on his rig? ... you know, just to make sure ...

We're both stoopid if we think this is worse than plain human carelessness ... why most things catch fire in the first place ... Californians playing with matches ...

ETA: That last video wasn't actually at a public filling station ... but that's what could happen if we don't start restricting fossil fuel use ...

Things break on their own ... you know that ... do you even wash the bottom of your rig on a regular basis? ... am I the last person in the world who would go and jiggle all the fuels lines on his rig? ... you know, just to make sure ...

We're both stoopid if we think this is worse than plain human carelessness ... why most things catch fire in the first place ... Californians playing with matches ...

ETA: That last video wasn't actually at a public filling station ... but that's what could happen if we don't start restricting fossil fuel use ...
I think the more EV's being built the more these fires, battery disposal problems, mining impact, electric grid and generating shortfalls, etc. will be exposed as weaknesses.

And for what? A relatively weak GHG which will raise surface temperature by 1C - at most - by 2100? Seems dumb.

Add this to the list of issues with EVs. They are so much heavier than ICE vehicles, they may have already contributed to the collapse of some old parking garages. The average EV weighs over 1000 pounds more than an equivalent size ICE vehicle. In Truck EVs it's closer to 2000 pounds heavier per vehicle.

OH Noes- they're gonna tip the worlds axis? ;) I feel dizzy already.

I think the more EV's being built the more these fires, battery disposal problems, mining impact, electric grid and generating shortfalls, etc. will be exposed as weaknesses.

Same with any new technology ... including piston-engines ...

And for what? A relatively weak GHG which will raise surface temperature by 1C - at most - by 2100? Seems dumb.

For a golf cart? ... it saves money if used properly ... fetching kidlettes back and forth from piano lessons and soccer practice ... grocery shopping ... carrying golf clubs ...

Are you taking into consideration we're removing 90% of passenger vehicles off the road, including EVs ... these parking garages are only 10% full, 90% of folks are using public transportation ... with diesel engines running on used cooking oil from McDonald's ...

Only a moron puts a solar farm on a coal seam, and it's stupid to run gasoline in the rainforest ...

When an EV gets into an accident ... where does all the toxic flammable liquids go? ... I know lithium battery fires are nasty, but they don't flow like water downhill burning everything in it's way ...

Fossil fuels will destroy the Earth:

There is a also problem from leaking petroleum damaging roads and concrete. So, No foolish. there are comparably few EV trucks on the road foolish…..of Course, all the pollution in a garage caused by the ice engine is much worse foolish. Teslar weights much less than a Ford F-150 and doesn’t pollute You’re funny….simpleton but funny.
Go ahead foolish. Count the number of trucks and large SUVs to EVs in any garage….count them bubba.
:rolleyes: A Teslar is a wristwatch. Of course it's going to weigh less than pickup truck, stupid commie chink.

Forum List

Back