Europe Laments, "Trump is Right"

I signed the petition to ban Trump and it wasnt just a Muslim thing.
To ban a person for having and stating an opinion is a GREAT example of why the colonies kicked the crap out of your forefathers. That is a Facist move, and you should be ashamed, though I am sure you are not.
Why is it fascist? If Trump can propose a ban, then also a community has the right to petition, which is protected constitutionally. I would certainly petition a council meeting to keep a proposed FLDS or Kingston housing project out of my town. Correll wants to keep out Muslims. Some in Great Britain want to keep out Trump.
Huge difference. Banning a Person because of an opinion is totally different from banning a group of people who have a PROVEN record of violence, and a stated agenda of desroying you.
According to merriam-webster:
Definition of fascism. : a political system headed by a dictator in which the government controls business and labor and opposition is not permitted.
Does that clear things up for you?
I think the issue is that his nonsense was offensive to a large portion of British people and his presence could have caused trouble.The same principle was used to ban David Duke. Britain does not owe Trump anything.

"Banning a Person because of an opinion is totally different from banning a group of people who have a PROVEN record of violence, and a stated agenda of desroying you."

Fallacy of false equivalency is well represented above.

The great majority of Muslims don't do violence.

Religion cannot be a basis in America for banning people. If it were, we would have gotten rid of the Presbyterians long time ago.

To ban a person for having and stating an opinion is a GREAT example of why the colonies kicked the crap out of your forefathers. That is a Facist move, and you should be ashamed, though I am sure you are not.
Well firstly nobody thought that a ban would come out of this process. Secondly, there are some people whose behaviour falls well short of acceptable and any community should have the right to exclude them.
Whether or not you thought the petition would be successfull is irrelevent. Support of an idea is support of an idea. If I where to publicly support everyone having the same standard of living, regardless of their contribution (or lack there of), it would be fair to say that I am a Communist. If you support a Facist petition, one could surmise that you are a Facist. I, however, give you the benifit of the doubt, and merely attack your action, not make a blanket statement about your political leanings.

You said, "...there are some people whose behaviour falls well short of acceptable and any community should have the right to exclude them." And yet you have a problem with Trump suggesting just that. Typical leftwing double standard.
The difference being that trump has already behaved badly, my Muslim friends and neighbours have done nothing wrong.

Why is it fascist? If Trump can propose a ban, then also a community has the right to petition, which is protected constitutionally. I would certainly petition a council meeting to keep a proposed FLDS or Kingston housing project out of my town. Correll wants to keep out Muslims. Some in Great Britain want to keep out Trump.
Huge difference. Banning a Person because of an opinion is totally different from banning a group of people who have a PROVEN record of violence, and a stated agenda of desroying you.
Definition of fascism. : a political system headed by a dictator in which the government controls business and labor and opposition is not permitted.
I think the issue is that his nonsense was offensive to a large portion of British people and his presence could have caused trouble.The same principle was used to ban David Duke. Britain does not owe Trump anything.

Trouble?

LIke you lefties having to defend the results of your policy of Third World Immigration?

Well firstly nobody thought that a ban would come out of this process. Secondly, there are some people whose behaviour falls well short of acceptable and any community should have the right to exclude them.
Whether or not you thought the petition would be successfull is irrelevent. Support of an idea is support of an idea. If I where to publicly support everyone having the same standard of living, regardless of their contribution (or lack there of), it would be fair to say that I am a Communist. If you support a Facist petition, one could surmise that you are a Facist. I, however, give you the benifit of the doubt, and merely attack your action, not make a blanket statement about your political leanings.

You said, "...there are some people whose behaviour falls well short of acceptable and any community should have the right to exclude them." And yet you have a problem with Trump suggesting just that. Typical leftwing double standard.
The difference being that trump has already behaved badly, my Muslim friends and neighbours have done nothing wrong.

How do you know that?

We have seen that Brits are afraid to report wrong doing done by Muslims for fear of being branded "racist".

No matter how horrible the crimes.

"Banning a Person because of an opinion is totally different from banning a group of people who have a PROVEN record of violence, and a stated agenda of desroying you."

Fallacy of false equivalency is well represented above.

The great majority of Muslims don't do violence.

Religion cannot be a basis in America for banning people. If it were, we would have gotten rid of the Presbyterians long time ago.
So, we should just let everyone in no matter if we can vet them properly or not. Great formula for total destruction of the country. You must really hate it here.

I am so sick and tired of liberals and progressives saying that we cannot protect ourselves. If we cannot protect ourselves then maybe we should just erase all borders and have a new one world government. Oh, wait, that is what you want, no borders, no individuality. That is what this is really all about. NO INDIVIDUALITY. If we where all just the same we would be so much better off. Where have we heard that before? Oh, yeah, Nazis, Communists, Facists, great bunch of folks there.

Why won't the American left just be honest? If you really think your ideas are better, then just come out and say what they are, and stop trying to make everyone who disagrees with you out to be villans? What makes your ideas so great? Why will they work now?

False equivalent fallacy? NEVER SAID THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE VIOLENT. All I said was there is a group of people who are bent on descruction of our way of life. I didn't say who they were, I didn't say where they are. I said THAT they are. If you insist on putting words in my mouth, then just shut the go somewhere else to do it. I, for one, will no longer tolerate it. If you cannot make your arguement without such tactics then your arguement is not valid.

What do you propose we do? And don't just spew some crap about how we can vet them already. The Syrian government can't even vet the Syrians. How the hell do you think we can?

How do you know that?

We have seen that Brits are afraid to report wrong doing done by Muslims for fear of being branded "racist".

Well believe it or not people are innocent until proven guilty in the UK. Obviously that is not the case in the US.

True, you own him nothing. If it's offensive then STOP LISTENING. You do not have the right to silence your opposition. THAT IS WHAT FACISTS DO.

Well believe it or not people are innocent until proven guilty in the UK. Obviously that is not the case in the US.

Says the one who votes to prevent people from entering the U.K. for disagreeing with his own goose-stepping form of political fundamentalism.

WHAT? Has Trump killed someone? Maybe your "muslim freinds" haven't either, however, there are those muslims who have. Until we can distinguish who has and who has not, I say we let none of them in. Would you let a bunch of strangers into your house, not knowing if one of them is planning to kill you? I doubt it. This is common sense, something that is in short supply in the EU as of late.

How do you know that?

You cannot just go around "defending" your position with attempted slander. Doesn't hold up. If you have a REAL arguement, state it. Otherwise, please keep your slanderous comments on YOUR side of the pond.

How do you know that?

You cannot just go around "defending" your position with attempted slander. Doesn't hold up. If you have a REAL arguement, state it. Otherwise, please keep your slanderous comments on YOUR side of the pond.
Slander ?

WHAT? Has Trump killed someone? Maybe your "muslim freinds" haven't either, however, there are those muslims who have. Until we can distinguish who has and who has not, I say we let none of them in. Would you let a bunch of strangers into your house, not knowing if one of them is planning to kill you? I doubt it. This is common sense, something that is in short supply in the EU as of late.

What he is saying is that if a person's beliefs include the desire for genocide of Jews, the notion that women and children are theirs to do with as they choose, and the design to destroy western civilization while replacing it with their own, they are more than welcome in his brave new world.

If they speak out too vociferously against these things, they aren't.

Only you say that silly nonsense. "So, we should just let everyone in no matter if we can vet them properly or not. Great formula for total destruction of the country. You must really hate it here."

Only you say that silly nonsense. I am so sick and tired of liberals and progressives saying that we cannot protect ourselves. If we cannot protect ourselves then maybe we should just erase all borders and have a new one world government. Oh, wait, that is what you want, no borders, no individuality. That is what this is really all about. NO INDIVIDUALITY. If we where all just the same we would be so much better off. Where have we heard that before? Oh, yeah, Nazis, Communists, Facists, great bunch of folks there.

I agree, the left should make its case. Why won't the American left just be honest? If you really think your ideas are better, then just come out and say what they are, and stop trying to make everyone who disagrees with you out to be villans? What makes your ideas so great? Why will they work now?

What you said was, "Banning a Person because of an opinion is totally different from banning a group of people who have a PROVEN record of violence, and a stated agenda of desroying you." I would believe that you were referring to Muslims. False equivalent fallacy? NEVER SAID THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE VIOLENT. All I said was there is a group of people who are bent on descruction of our way of life. I didn't say who they were, I didn't say where they are. I said THAT they are. If you insist on putting words in my mouth, then just shut the go somewhere else to do it. I, for one, will no longer tolerate it. If you cannot make your arguement without such tactics then your arguement is not valid.

Prove that we can't. What do you propose we do? And don't just spew some crap about how we can vet them already. The Syrian government can't even vet the Syrians. How the hell do you think we can?

How do you know that?

Slander ?
I think OS means "libel." If he does, he is still wrong.

How do you know that?

Slander ?
Yes slander: "Well believe it or not people are innocent until proven guilty in the UK. Obviously that is not the case in the US." Your words. Slander.

How do you know that?

You did not address my point, that recent events have shown that Political Correctness have made Brits are afraid to report wronging by Muslims for fear of being called racist.

And that if they do report such wrong doing, the police might very well refuse to act.

Thus, you can't know that your neighbors have done "nothing wrong".

How exactly did the Rape Rings make money?

Only you say that silly nonsense. "So, we should just let everyone in no matter if we can vet them properly or not. Great formula for total destruction of the country. You must really hate it here."

Only you say that silly nonsense. I am so sick and tired of liberals and progressives saying that we cannot protect ourselves. If we cannot protect ourselves then maybe we should just erase all borders and have a new one world government. Oh, wait, that is what you want, no borders, no individuality. That is what this is really all about. NO INDIVIDUALITY. If we where all just the same we would be so much better off. Where have we heard that before? Oh, yeah, Nazis, Communists, Facists, great bunch of folks there.
What are you getting at?
What you said was, "Banning a Person because of an opinion is totally different from banning a group of people who have a PROVEN record of violence, and a stated agenda of desroying you." I would believe that you were referring to Muslims. False equivalent fallacy? NEVER SAID THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE VIOLENT. All I said was there is a group of people who are bent on descruction of our way of life. I didn't say who they were, I didn't say where they are. I said THAT they are. If you insist on putting words in my mouth, then just shut the go somewhere else to do it. I, for one, will no longer tolerate it. If you cannot make your arguement without such tactics then your arguement is not valid.
So, you make an assumption and just go with it. Typical.
Prove that we can't. What do you propose we do? And don't just spew some crap about how we can vet them already. The Syrian government can't even vet the Syrians. How the hell do you think we can?
Unprovable. Maybe someone should prove that they CAN. Maybe you should prove that you are not a racist, sexist, or homophobe. Same thing. A negative is unprovable, only a positive can be proven correct or incorrect. Ask any scientist. You cannot prove something does not exist, you can prove that something does exist.

How do you know that?

Slander ?
According to legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com
slander. n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.
According to dictionary.law.com
libel. 1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others.
So, I stand corrected. It was not slander, it was Libel. Point still stands.

How do you know that?

Slander ?
According to legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com
slander. n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.
According to dictionary.law.com
libel. 1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others.
So, I stand corrected. It was not slander, it was Libel. Point still stands.
Lol ! Still cant see why you are threatening me with this. What have I said ?

Forum List

Back