Europe Laments, "Trump is Right"

A British soldier who had his leg blown off by a bomb while serving in Iraq has taken the internet by storm after his Facebook post attacking Islamophobia went viral.

Herbert, who was 19 when he suffered the life-changing injury, took to Facebook after complaining that he was "getting frustrated" with people expecting him to be racist after losing his leg.

"Yes. A Muslim man blew me up, and I lost my leg," he wrote. "A Muslim man also lost his arm that day wearing a British Uniform.

"A Muslim medic was in the helicopter that took me from the field. A Muslim surgeon performed the surgery that saved my life.

"A Muslim Nurse was part of the team that helped me when I returned to the UK.

"A Muslim Healthcare Assistant was part of the team that sorted out my day to day needs in rehabilitation when I was learning to walk.

"A Muslim taxi driver gave me a free ride the first time I went for a beer with my Dad after I came home.

"A Muslim doctor offered my Dad comfort and advice in a pub, when he didn't know how to deal with my medicines and side effects."

"Blaming all Muslims for the actions of groups like Daeshe and the Taliban, is like blaming all Christians for the actions of the KKK or Westboro Baptist Church," he added.

"Get a grip of your lives, hug your family and get back to work."

Amputee soldier's Muslim Facebook post goes viral - CNN.com

Imagine ban on Muslims: How different would America be? - CNN.com

A British soldier who had his leg blown off by a bomb while serving in Iraq has taken the internet by storm after his Facebook post attacking Islamophobia went viral.

Herbert, who was 19 when he suffered the life-changing injury, took to Facebook after complaining that he was "getting frustrated" with people expecting him to be racist after losing his leg.

"Yes. A Muslim man blew me up, and I lost my leg," he wrote. "A Muslim man also lost his arm that day wearing a British Uniform.

"A Muslim medic was in the helicopter that took me from the field. A Muslim surgeon performed the surgery that saved my life.

"A Muslim Nurse was part of the team that helped me when I returned to the UK.

"A Muslim Healthcare Assistant was part of the team that sorted out my day to day needs in rehabilitation when I was learning to walk.

"A Muslim taxi driver gave me a free ride the first time I went for a beer with my Dad after I came home.

"A Muslim doctor offered my Dad comfort and advice in a pub, when he didn't know how to deal with my medicines and side effects."

"Blaming all Muslims for the actions of groups like Daeshe and the Taliban, is like blaming all Christians for the actions of the KKK or Westboro Baptist Church," he added.

"Get a grip of your lives, hug your family and get back to work."

Amputee soldier's Muslim Facebook post goes viral - CNN.com

Imagine ban on Muslims: How different would America be? - CNN.com

That's wonderful and touching.

I wonder how he feels about the way that the police refused to investigate the Muslim Rape Rings in the UK that raped and tortured thousands of white children.

since he's a soldier determined to fight and protect innocents from terrorism, one can assume rape rings and torture would be detestable to him... weird that you'd ask that. and by weird i mean pathetic.

What race is Islam, again?

I keep forgetting.

If "Islamophobia" is a word attributed to the rejection of Islam, though, wouldn't that make you a "conservaphobic", or a "Libertarianiphobic" or a "Rightwingaphobic" or phobic of any other ideology you rejected?

since he's a soldier determined to fight and protect innocents from terrorism, one can assume rape rings and torture would be detestable to him... weird that you'd ask that. and by weird i mean pathetic.

Since the authorities in question were seeking to avoid these scurrilous charges you parrot in terms of "racism" and "Islamophobia" lest they do anything about the situation, his is a very valid point.

This constant cacophony arising from dogmatic leftists calling people names acts as the sort of background noise that intimidates others into silence on the matter. In your parroting of these themes, you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

What race is Islam, again?

I keep forgetting.

If
"Islamophobia" is a word attributed to the rejection of Islam, though, wouldn't that make you a "conservaphobic", or a "Libertarianiphobic" or a "Rightwingaphobic" or phobic of any other ideology you rejected?

the soldier or the writer of the cnn article misused the term racist instead of bigot.

as to the rest of your yammering attempting to equivocate my supposed phobes..pfft bad logic

the op is claiming that trump is right.. it's on the offense. as if trump is right about banning all muslims

This constant cacophony arising from dogmatic leftists calling people names acts as the sort of background noise that intimidates others into silence on the matter. In your parroting of these themes, you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

people aren't arguing against banning all muslims just to make you feel bad. rational people agree it's not the right approach to solving these types of problems... it's understandably emotional, but we have to rise above the fear and be humane. it is unbecoming of a presidential candidate to actually encourage and perpetuate this type of ignorant rhetoric speaking of "intimidating cacophony" and trump is wrong to try to lead us down this misguided path... no matter how many loudly agree with him, he is wrong.

the soldier or the writer of the cnn article misused the term racist instead of bigot.

as to the rest of your yammering attempting to equivocate my supposed phobes..pfft bad logic

the op is claiming that trump is right.. it's on the offense. as if trump is right about banning all muslims

You chose to print the soldiers words thus promoting the point of view, did you not?

In using the word "bigot" to describe those who reject the political/religious ideology called Islam, it is ENTIRELY logical to apply the term to describe the rejection of any other.

You obviously would not recognize logic if it were a two by four smacking you along side the head.

the point of view and it's message are unchanged by the misuse of the word racist vs bigot

I realize you lack the ability to understand concepts since you live in your little fantasy world of political correctness, but you could always try addressing your profound ignorance on the subject and try learning what Islam actually IS. It is a supremacist ideology that is part religion and part political, and it divides the world into Dar al Harb (house of war, or any place not governed by Islam) and Dar al Islam (house of Islam). It is a Muslim's duty to turn the former into the latter.

The majority of Muslims believe in killing apostates. Virulent hatred of homosexuals is almost 100%. Half or more than half of all Muslims in many countries are the product of arranged marriages between close family members. Women are second-class citizens by very design of sharia law.

If rejecting all this makes one a "bigot", then instead of being a weasel who points fingers only at others, you should have a little bit of class by accepting it for yourself for your own rejection of anything that does not march in lockstep with this vapid political correctness of yours.

the point of view and it's message are unchanged by the misuse of the word racist vs bigot

I realize you lack the ability to understand concepts since you live in your little fantasy world of political correctness, but you could always try addressing your profound ignorance on the subject and try learning what Islam actually IS. It is a supremacist ideology that is part religion and part political, and it divides the world into Dar al Harb (house of war, or any place not governed by Islam) and Dar al Islam (house of Islam). It is a Muslim's duty to turn the former into the latter.

The majority of Muslims believe in killing apostates. Virulent hatred of homosexuals is almost 100%. Half or more than half of all Muslims in many countries are the product of arranged marriages between close family members. Women are second-class citizens by very design of sharia law.

If rejecting all this makes one a "bigot", then instead of being a weasel who points fingers only at others, you should have a little bit of class by accepting it for yourself for your own rejection of anything that does not march in lockstep with this vapid political correctness of yours.
Here we go, took a while to get there.

Is anyone accually going to state that Europe is NOT being destablized? That IS what is happening, anyone who thinks this will not happen here is delusional. It can and it will, unless we do something to stop it...
AGREED! Big league effin' problems in England and the rest of Europe and it will happen here as well. The more refugees and aliens we take the higher risk we become through sheer stats...

Don't want to learn what Islam is. Religion is a tool for evil and Islam happens to be creating a lot of fuckin' global problems. I'm quite educated and know better than to put faith into any religion as a sort of redemption or fear. To not recognize the "Muslim Condition" would be pure ignorance my man/child bitch-boy....HA!

Why is it fascist? If Trump can propose a ban, then also a community has the right to petition, which is protected constitutionally. I would certainly petition a council meeting to keep a proposed FLDS or Kingston housing project out of my town. Correll wants to keep out Muslims. Some in Great Britain want to keep out Trump.

Islam is a totalitarian political ideology viciously opposed to the notion of free speech, demands absolute conformity, micromanages people's lives down to the iota and seeks to destroy all other ways of life. In that, it shares much in common with fascism. Tommy Taint's role here is to defend this totalitarian ideology and share it's hatred of any criticism of Islam. In that, he shares qualities with fascism.

True fascism is a far right ideology, of course, and Tommy Taint is a far leftist, but the net result is a boot stamping upon a human face forever in either case.
Both idealogues are our natural enemy based upon the behavior of thousands of Muslims murdering each other bent on vindiction. Screws up the natural rhythms of Capitalism and modern day warfare is only profitable to a conglomerate now.

Why is it fascist? If Trump can propose a ban, then also a community has the right to petition, which is protected constitutionally. I would certainly petition a council meeting to keep a proposed FLDS or Kingston housing project out of my town. Correll wants to keep out Muslims. Some in Great Britain want to keep out Trump.

Islam is a totalitarian political ideology viciously opposed to the notion of free speech, demands absolute conformity, micromanages people's lives down to the iota and seeks to destroy all other ways of life. In that, it shares much in common with fascism. Tommy Taint's role here is to defend this totalitarian ideology and share it's hatred of any criticism of Islam. In that, he shares qualities with fascism.

True fascism is a far right ideology, of course, and Tommy Taint is a far leftist, but the net result is a boot stamping upon a human face forever in either case.
Both idealogues are our natural enemy based upon the behavior of thousands of Muslims murdering each other bent on vindiction. Screws up the natural rhythms of Capitalism and modern day warfare is only profitable to a conglomerate now.
And why is it so popular to even suggest a ban on speech, Internet posts based upon not liking a particular stubborn truth or fact or opinion?

I signed the petition to ban Trump and it wasnt just a Muslim thing.
To ban a person for having and stating an opinion is a GREAT example of why the colonies kicked the crap out of your forefathers. That is a Facist move, and you should be ashamed, though I am sure you are not.
Well firstly nobody thought that a ban would come out of this process. Secondly, there are some people whose behaviour falls well short of acceptable and any community should have the right to exclude them.
Whether or not you thought the petition would be successfull is irrelevent. Support of an idea is support of an idea. If I where to publicly support everyone having the same standard of living, regardless of their contribution (or lack there of), it would be fair to say that I am a Communist. If you support a Facist petition, one could surmise that you are a Facist. I, however, give you the benifit of the doubt, and merely attack your action, not make a blanket statement about your political leanings.

You said, "...there are some people whose behaviour falls well short of acceptable and any community should have the right to exclude them." And yet you have a problem with Trump suggesting just that. Typical leftwing double standard.
The difference being that trump has already behaved badly, my Muslim friends and neighbours have done nothing wrong.
Great! Now tell your Muslim friends to straighten out their "problem" within their religion. Might want to also mention to ease up on their women, too... Islam has issues with women's rights if 'ya didn't notice, damned muslim sympathizer

New Topics

Forum List

Back