Eric holder's DOJ finnaly apologise and admit the IRS singled out the tea party..

Let's not kid ourselves here. When it comes to IRS scrutiny, the fact of the matter is that as long as one didn't understate one's income, overstate deductions, understate the resultant tax liability or simply fail to pay one's tax liability on time and in full, one really need not worry about an IRS audit. If one "cheated" on one's taxes, well, yes, one may then have something to worry about.

I say that as someone who begins with a gross income that would be taxed at 39.6% and ends up paying taxes at an effective rate of less than 20%, so there's no way for me to deny being, as they, an "aggressive tax minimizer."

The IRS singled out Al Capone and the entire Mafia.

Tea Party bitches arent special.

Eric holder's DOJ finnaly apologise and admit the IRS singled out the tea party

The headline to the referenced article clearly says "Trump DOJ" not "Eric Holder's DOJ." Be that as it may, the IRS is a unit within the Treasury Dept., not the DOJ. Hell, the DOJ isn't even the right organization to admit to what the IRS did or didn't do; any such admission must, in order to be an admission, come from the IRS.

Trump's DOJ apologizing for anything the IRS did, regardless of under what Administration it did it, or what the IRS did or didn't do, is like "Billy" apologizing for something that has nothing to do with "Billy" and his actions.

I didn't know Trump has been president for years?

Let's not kid ourselves here. When it comes to IRS scrutiny, the fact of the matter is that as long as one didn't understate one's income, overstate deductions, understate the resultant tax liability or simply fail to pay one's tax liability on time and in full, one really need not worry about an IRS audit. If one "cheated" on one's taxes, well, yes, one may then have something to worry about.

I say that as someone who begins with a gross income that would be taxed at 39.6% and ends up paying taxes at an effective rate of less than 20%, so there's no way for me to deny being, as they, an "aggressive tax minimizer."

If they are corrupt enough to target Tea Partiers, they're corrupt enough to lie about the findings of the audit.

Dumbass. Cuz even though they deliberately and unethically audit tea party members, they are sure to be perfectly ethical in their review.

That's like saying that black people have nothing to fear from the cops who target them for being black.

Great news, good to see Eric and Obama saying they are sorry

Trump DOJ settles lawsuits over Tea Party targeting by Obama IRS

The Trump administration, after years of litigation, has settled lawsuits with Tea Party and other conservative groups who say they were unfairly targeted by the IRS under the Obama administration.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced early Thursday that the Justice Department had entered into settlements with Tea Party groups whose tax-exempt status was significantly delayed by the IRS dating back to 2013, “based solely on their viewpoint or ideology.”

The settlements involve payments to the plaintiffs and an apology from the IRS.

The targeting scandal drew heavy attention in 2013 when the IRS admitted it applied extra scrutiny to conservative groups applying for nonprofit status. Lois Lerner, then head of the Exempt Organizations unit responsible, became the public face of the scandal, though other IRS officials were involved as well.

Southern hayseed Jeff Sessions provided the statement from the drumpfster administration.

The Trump administration, after years of litigation, has settled lawsuits with Tea Party and other conservative groups who say they were unfairly targeted by the IRS under the Obama administration.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced early Thursday that the Justice Department had entered into settlements with Tea Party groups whose tax-exempt status was significantly delayed by the IRS dating back to 2013, “based solely on their viewpoint or ideology.”

The targeting scandal drew heavy attention in 2013 when the IRS admitted it applied extra scrutiny to conservative groups applying for nonprofit status. Lois Lerner, then head of the Exempt Organizations unit responsible, became the public face of the scandal, though other IRS officials were involved as well.

Southern hayseed Jeff Sessions provided the statement from the drumpfster administration.

Once again I didn't know Trump has been president for years

Just ask him.

Just ask him.
Another idiotic comment.

If they are corrupt enough to target Tea Partiers, they're corrupt enough to lie about the findings of the audit. Dumbass. Cuz even though they deliberately and unethically audit tea party members, they are sure to be perfectly ethical in their review. That's like saying that black people have nothing to fear from the cops who target them for being black.
Number One:
Well, no, it's not like that at all. The attestations one makes in a tax return must be supported by documentary evidence. One either has that evidence and thus a basis for the attestation or one does not. If one has the documentation, it doesn't matter what the IRS wants to claim after it's completed its audit. It doesn't matter because if one is unwilling to pay whatever penalty the IRS may care to levy, one's recourse is to take the matter to tax court and having the documentation that shows the legitimacy of one's attestations, one will prevail there.​

Number Two:
Dumbass. Cuz even though they deliberately and unethically audit tea party members...
The matter has nothing to do with audits of Tea Party members. Absolutely nobody with any credibility, and most certainly not the rubric article, is asserting that the IRS deliberately and unethically audited tea party members. Gotcha.

I wondered how many folks might "take the bait," truly not knowing what the issue is about and with typical partisan zeal, respond to that post which has no real bearing the settlement or actions of the IRS in the "Tea Party" matter or what any one is claiming. I didn't know who would respond/"troll in" with a defensive retort/rebuttal, all the while not really knowing anything about the topic at hand, but I knew it wouldn't take a "NY minute" for someone to do so.​

Last edited:

Bird Colonel friend of mine made a large charitable contribution to an IRS recognized charity. As all charities do in January they send you a statement for the previous years contributions.

IRS said the statement was dated in that year so you can’t deduct it on last years taxes. He fought it. Your only course is your case is decided by, you guessed it, the IRS. He lost.

He could have spent a lot of money to Appeal - to the IRS again, with major penalties if the IRS said he lost again.

He waited a year to claim the deduction.

IRS is a joke and should be disemboweled.

If they are corrupt enough to target Tea Partiers, they're corrupt enough to lie about the findings of the audit. Dumbass. Cuz even though they deliberately and unethically audit tea party members, they are sure to be perfectly ethical in their review. That's like saying that black people have nothing to fear from the cops who target them for being black.
Number One:
Well, no, it's not like that at all. The attestations one makes in a tax return must be supported by documentary evidence. One either has that evidence and thus a basis for the attestation or one does not. If one has the documentation, it doesn't matter what the IRS wants to claim after it's completed its audit. It doesn't matter because if one is unwilling to pay whatever penalty the IRS may care to levy, one's recourse is to take the matter to tax court and having the documentation that shows the legitimacy of one's attestations, one will prevail there.​
Number Two:
Dumbass. Cuz even though they deliberately and unethically audit tea party members...
The matter has nothing to do with audits of Tea Party members. Absolutely nobody with any credibility, and most certainly not the rubric article, is asserting that the IRS deliberately and unethically audited tea party members. Gotcha.

I wondered how many folks might "take the bait," truly not knowing what the issue is about and with typical partisan zeal, respond to that post which has no real bearing the settlement or actions of the IRS in the "Tea Party" matter or what any one is claiming. I didn't know who would respond/"troll in" with a defensive retort/rebuttal, all the while not really knowing anything about the topic at hand, but I knew it wouldn't take a "NY minute" for someone to do so.​

"“The IRS admits that its treatment of Plaintiffs during the tax-exempt determination process, including screening their applications based on their names or policy positions, subjecting those applications to heightened scrutiny and inordinate delays, and demanding some Plaintiffs’ information that TIGTA determined was unnecessary to the agency’s determination of their tax-exempt status, was wrong,” the IRS said in court documents. “For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology.”

I know what the issue is. You are a liar, and the IRS illegally targeted tea party members. The IRS says they did it. Your silly assertion that they mean something else and what happened wasn't really what happened is just more of the obfuscation that the left engages in on a regular basis.

It doesn't work any more. You need a new schtick.

Number One:
Number Two:

"“The IRS admits that its treatment of Plaintiffs during the tax-exempt determination process, including screening their applications based on their names or policy positions, subjecting those applications to heightened scrutiny and inordinate delays, and demanding some Plaintiffs’ information that TIGTA determined was unnecessary to the agency’s determination of their tax-exempt status, was wrong,” the IRS said in court documents. “For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology.”

I know what the issue is. You are a liar, and the IRS illegally targeted tea party members. The IRS says they did it. Your silly assertion that they mean something else and what happened wasn't really what happened is just more of the obfuscation that the left engages in on a regular basis.

It doesn't work any more. You need a new schtick.

I know what the issue is.
Oh, I bet now you do....LOL The problem, of course, is that you didn't when you wrote:
even though they deliberately and unethically audit tea party members
Granting tax-exempt status has nothing to do with an audit.

Forum List

Back