Eric holder's DOJ finnaly apologise and admit the IRS singled out the tea party..

Let's not kid ourselves here. When it comes to IRS scrutiny, the fact of the matter is that as long as one didn't understate one's income, overstate deductions, understate the resultant tax liability or simply fail to pay one's tax liability on time and in full, one really need not worry about an IRS audit. If one "cheated" on one's taxes, well, yes, one may then have something to worry about.

I say that as someone who begins with a gross income that would be taxed at 39.6% and ends up paying taxes at an effective rate of less than 20%, so there's no way for me to deny being, as they, an "aggressive tax minimizer."
If they are corrupt enough to target Tea Partiers, they're corrupt enough to lie about the findings of the audit. Dumbass. Cuz even though they deliberately and unethically audit tea party members, they are sure to be perfectly ethical in their review. That's like saying that black people have nothing to fear from the cops who target them for being black.
Number One:
Well, no, it's not like that at all. The attestations one makes in a tax return must be supported by documentary evidence. One either has that evidence and thus a basis for the attestation or one does not. If one has the documentation, it doesn't matter what the IRS wants to claim after it's completed its audit. It doesn't matter because if one is unwilling to pay whatever penalty the IRS may care to levy, one's recourse is to take the matter to tax court and having the documentation that shows the legitimacy of one's attestations, one will prevail there.​
Number Two:
Dumbass. Cuz even though they deliberately and unethically audit tea party members...
The matter has nothing to do with audits of Tea Party members. Absolutely nobody with any credibility, and most certainly not the rubric article, is asserting that the IRS deliberately and unethically audited tea party members. Gotcha.

I wondered how many folks might "take the bait," truly not knowing what the issue is about and with typical partisan zeal, respond to that post which has no real bearing the settlement or actions of the IRS in the "Tea Party" matter or what any one is claiming. I didn't know who would respond/"troll in" with a defensive retort/rebuttal, all the while not really knowing anything about the topic at hand, but I knew it wouldn't take a "NY minute" for someone to do so.​

"“The IRS admits that its treatment of Plaintiffs during the tax-exempt determination process, including screening their applications based on their names or policy positions, subjecting those applications to heightened scrutiny and inordinate delays, and demanding some Plaintiffs’ information that TIGTA determined was unnecessary to the agency’s determination of their tax-exempt status, was wrong,” the IRS said in court documents. “For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology.”

I know what the issue is. You are a liar, and the IRS illegally targeted tea party members. The IRS says they did it. Your silly assertion that they mean something else and what happened wasn't really what happened is just more of the obfuscation that the left engages in on a regular basis.

It doesn't work any more. You need a new schtick.

Trump DOJ settles lawsuits over Tea Party targeting by Obama IRS
I know what the issue is.
Oh, I bet now you do....LOL The problem, of course, is that you didn't when you wrote:
even though they deliberately and unethically audit tea party members

Do you not understand what the word means?
"...subjecting those applications to heightened scrutiny and inordinate delays, and demanding some Plaintiffs’ information that TIGTA determined was unnecessary to the agency’s determination of their tax-exempt status, was wrong.."

In other words, they audited them when they weren't supposed to be auditing them.

You're a fucking moron.

The Justice Department’s settlement would pay the claims of each of the over 400 groups in the case

400 hundred groups huh? Right before an election, and the democrats have the nerve to bitch about gerrymandering, I.D.s , voter suppression, yup more reason to hate them more

Let's not kid ourselves here. When it comes to IRS scrutiny, the fact of the matter is that as long as one didn't understate one's income, overstate deductions, understate the resultant tax liability or simply fail to pay one's tax liability on time and in full, one really need not worry about an IRS audit. If one "cheated" on one's taxes, well, yes, one may then have something to worry about.

I say that as someone who begins with a gross income that would be taxed at 39.6% and ends up paying taxes at an effective rate of less than 20%, so there's no way for me to deny being, as they, an "aggressive tax minimizer."
If they are corrupt enough to target Tea Partiers, they're corrupt enough to lie about the findings of the audit. Dumbass. Cuz even though they deliberately and unethically audit tea party members, they are sure to be perfectly ethical in their review. That's like saying that black people have nothing to fear from the cops who target them for being black.
Number One:
Well, no, it's not like that at all. The attestations one makes in a tax return must be supported by documentary evidence. One either has that evidence and thus a basis for the attestation or one does not. If one has the documentation, it doesn't matter what the IRS wants to claim after it's completed its audit. It doesn't matter because if one is unwilling to pay whatever penalty the IRS may care to levy, one's recourse is to take the matter to tax court and having the documentation that shows the legitimacy of one's attestations, one will prevail there.​
Number Two:
Dumbass. Cuz even though they deliberately and unethically audit tea party members...
The matter has nothing to do with audits of Tea Party members. Absolutely nobody with any credibility, and most certainly not the rubric article, is asserting that the IRS deliberately and unethically audited tea party members. Gotcha.

I wondered how many folks might "take the bait," truly not knowing what the issue is about and with typical partisan zeal, respond to that post which has no real bearing the settlement or actions of the IRS in the "Tea Party" matter or what any one is claiming. I didn't know who would respond/"troll in" with a defensive retort/rebuttal, all the while not really knowing anything about the topic at hand, but I knew it wouldn't take a "NY minute" for someone to do so.​

"“The IRS admits that its treatment of Plaintiffs during the tax-exempt determination process, including screening their applications based on their names or policy positions, subjecting those applications to heightened scrutiny and inordinate delays, and demanding some Plaintiffs’ information that TIGTA determined was unnecessary to the agency’s determination of their tax-exempt status, was wrong,” the IRS said in court documents. “For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology.”

I know what the issue is. You are a liar, and the IRS illegally targeted tea party members. The IRS says they did it. Your silly assertion that they mean something else and what happened wasn't really what happened is just more of the obfuscation that the left engages in on a regular basis.

Oh, I bet now you do....LOL The problem, of course, is that you didn't when you wrote:

"...subjecting those applications to heightened scrutiny and inordinate delays, and demanding some Plaintiffs’ information that TIGTA determined was unnecessary to the agency’s determination of their tax-exempt status, was wrong.."

In other words, they audited them when they weren't supposed to be auditing them.

You're a fucking moron.
Keep telling yourself that...Eventually it may make you feel better....

spin1.jpg

The Justice Department’s settlement would pay the claims of each of the over 400 groups in the case

400 hundred groups huh? Right before an election, and the democrats have the nerve to bitch about gerrymandering, I.D.s , voter suppression, yup more reason to hate them more

What's your point ? You know by the definition of the tax exemption those groups couldn't campaign against obama .

Number One:
Number Two:

You're a fucking moron.
Keep telling yourself that...Eventually it may make you feel better....

spin1.jpg

I feel fine.
The spin is yours, not mine. You're the one doing back flips and writing reams of nonsensical garbage to try to explain why the facts aren't really the facts. All I have to do is re-post the information to decimate your stupidity.

What's your point ? You know by the definition of the tax exemption those groups couldn't campaign against obama .

What, explain please ...

What, explain please ...

These groups were applying for what's called a 501c tax exemption . Those groups must promote social welfare . They can't be pacs against particular candidates.

Folks should have gone to jail over the Obama Administration's awful IRS abuses. Yet to this day, no one has been held accountable.

What, explain please ...

These groups were applying for what's called a 501c tax exemption . Those groups must promote social welfare . They can't be pacs against particular candidates.

Informative , now do you have a link and why did the government settle after years being in the courts, if they couldn't be pacs in the first place

Folks should have gone to jail over the Obama Administration's awful IRS abuses. Yet to this day, no one has been held accountable.
Well they are having to pay out $$$$ and issued an apology.

Jail is next. Give this admin time. It will happen.

I hear ya, but it's too late. They got away with it. The GOP could have held them accountable, but it chose not to. And that's because it's run by spineless corrupt Swamp Creatures. No one will ever see a jail cell. Bet on that.

What, explain please ...

Informative , now do you have a link and why did the government settle after years being in the courts, if they couldn't be pacs in the first place

They did profile groups . The IRS is not innocent . BUT , the righty spin that obama himself ordered this is rediculous .

Let's say you were a prez who wanted to target your enemies . "Hmmm what if I make these groups , who can't be packs against me, fill out extra paperwork to get their tax status! And I'll do it in the deep red district around Cincinnati! Bwahahahaha. That extra paperwork will fix them good!"

What, explain please ...

They did profile groups . The IRS is not innocent . BUT , the righty spin that obama himself ordered this is rediculous .

Let's say you were a prez who wanted to target your enemies . "Hmmm what if I make these groups , who can't be packs against me, fill out extra paperwork to get their tax status! And I'll do it in the deep red district around Cincinnati! Bwahahahaha. That extra paperwork will fix them good!"

So you really believe Obama didn't know anything about it? You're stuck in 'Party before Country' mode. You're defending the indefensible. Obama and many of his lackeys should have been held accountable for their awful IRS abuses. Period, end of story.

I hear ya, but it's too late. They got away with it. The GOP could have held them accountable, but it chose not to. And that's because it's run by spineless corrupt Swamp Creatures. No one will ever see a jail cell. Bet on that.
The gop is half the problem.

But Trump isn't a member of that club. Your faith will be restored. He is cutting a huge swath. Don't believe the garbage you hear from the press and the left. This presidency is resetting the country.

What, explain please ...

I can tell by your post you didn't grow up under the Democrat machine in Chicago like I did and followed it since the early 1970s..

Obama made the Chicago Democrat machine relevant on a national level and used every dirty trick they used in the past.

No, Obama was no threat to our democracy or culture.

He was turning this country into yet another third world shithole. So, you are flat assed wrong.

OOOOh that's what path to "third world shithole" looks like.

170505135848-trump-unemployment-05052017-780x439.jpg

api.asp

160721142411-us-oil-production-soars-under-obama-780x439.jpg

Profits.png

blog_obamacare_uninsured_2q2015.jpg

deficit.jpg

And then look at how he had corrupted the various intel agencies, the IRS, and any other government bureaucracy that he could use to abuse power. Then get back to us.

Bullshit. It's all you got.

I don't recall Obama firing FBI director because of "that email thing" or telling his AG that he wouldn't hire him if he thought he would recuse himself when conflict of interest arose.

Nor do I recall anyone presenting ANY evidence that Obama himself directed IRS audits.

Last edited:

The gop is half the problem.

But Trump isn't a member of that club. Your faith will be restored. He is cutting a huge swath. Don't believe the garbage you hear from the press and the left. This presidency is resetting the country.

Yeah, the GOP desperately needs new leadership. It's time to boot feckless chumps like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell.

No, Obama was no threat to our democracy or culture.

He was turning this country into yet another third world shithole. So, you are flat assed wrong.

OOOOh that's what path to "third world shithole" looks like.

170505135848-trump-unemployment-05052017-780x439.jpg

api.asp

160721142411-us-oil-production-soars-under-obama-780x439.jpg

Profits.png

blog_obamacare_uninsured_2q2015.jpg

deficit.jpg

And then look at how he had corrupted the various intel agencies, the IRS, and any other government bureaucracy that he could use to abuse power. Then get back to us.

Bullshit. It's all you got.

I don't recall Obama firing FBI director because of "that email thing" or telling his AG that he wouldn't hire him if he thought he would recuse himself when conflict of interest arose.

Nor do I recall anyone presenting ANY evidence that Obama himself directed IRS audits.

Excuse me, why on God's green earth would Holder or Obama provide any evidence of that?
I love it when statist morons pretend that the people who gave the order to target Tea Partiers would obligingly hand over the evidence of them doing so.

Besides which, there has been evidence. Lefty losers don't distinguish between fact, fiction, evidence, and proof. They get all those things mixed up all the time. They use them interchangeably to the point where they mean nothing to them, and they mean nothing when they use those words.

Forum List

Back