My solution to the opioid epidemic

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
1) Imprison operators of pill mills (& some pharma execs)

2) BUILD A WALL. 99% of heroin in the U.S. comes from Mexico.

• Banned
Drugs kill more Americans than guns, yet Democrats are more interested in taking away the one that actually saves lives too.

When Colorado legalized marijuana for recreational purposes, that year, opioid overdoses went down by 25 percent, and have continued to drop ever since.

Cannabis is not physically addictive, and in one case, there is a treatment center in the Northeast that is using marijuana to treat heroin withdrawl. Why do they use marijuana to help treat heroin withdrawl? Because heroin users go through nausea, joint pain, and nervousness. All three can be treated with a good indica strain.

Trump said today in his speech about opioid overdoses that the government was going to spend money to find a good painkiller that is non addictive. Guess what? It's already here and grows out of the ground.

• Banned
"as astonishing 90 percent of heroin in America comes from south of the border where we will be building a wall!" - President Trump earlier today

1) Imprison operators of pill mills (& some pharma execs)

2) BUILD A WALL. 99% of heroin in the U.S. comes from Mexico.

It comes from Afghanistan. We could burn up the whole crop if we wanted . But we don't want to upset the warlords.

And big pharma did create this mess . But it's ok cause they have congress bought n paid for.

Interesting way the British deal with the problem, its illegal to run TV adds, limited amount of doctors allowed to write narcotics percription. could be cheaper than wasting millions of dollars trying to get people to just say no?

"as astonishing 90 percent of heroin in America comes from south of the border where we will be building a wall!" - President Trump earlier today

Is there any evidence this is accurate and not just one more thing that Trump has made up? He is known for lying through his teeth for a good sound bite.

Trump said today in his speech about opioid overdoses that the government was going to spend money to find a good painkiller that is non addictive. Guess what? It's already here and grows out of the ground.

Not true.

Because marijuana impairs short-term memory and judgment and distorts perception, it can impair performance in school or at work and make it dangerous to drive. It also affects brain systems that are still maturing through young adulthood, so regular use by teens may have negative and long-lasting effects on their cognitive development, putting them at a competitive disadvantage and possibly interfering with their well-being in other ways. Also, contrary to popular belief, marijuana can be addictive, and its use during adolescence may make other forms of problem use or addiction more likely.
Letter From the Director

So do we continue to fight the War on Drugs, including nicotine, alcohol and opioids, or not?

Not true.

Because marijuana impairs short-term memory and judgment and distorts perception, it can impair performance in school or at work and make it dangerous to drive. It also affects brain systems that are still maturing through young adulthood, so regular use by teens may have negative and long-lasting effects on their cognitive development, putting them at a competitive disadvantage and possibly interfering with their well-being in other ways. Also, contrary to popular belief, marijuana can be addictive, and its use during adolescence may make other forms of problem use or addiction more likely.
Letter From the Director

So do we continue to fight the War on Drugs, including nicotine, alcohol and opioids, or not?

You notice that in your post, it says that it can affect young people in their development. Same thing could be said about alcohol, because it does just as much damage or more on young people as well.

Never said that it should be given to kids. I personally believe the rules that regulate alcohol should also be used for marijuana.

And.................like I said................the first year that CO legalized cannabis for recreational use, opioid overdoses dropped 25 percent, and they have continued to drop ever since.

When Colorado legalized marijuana for recreational purposes, that year, opioid overdoses went down by 25 percent, and have continued to drop ever since.

Cannabis is not physically addictive, and in one case, there is a treatment center in the Northeast that is using marijuana to treat heroin withdrawl. Why do they use marijuana to help treat heroin withdrawl? Because heroin users go through nausea, joint pain, and nervousness. All three can be treated with a good indica strain.

The government especially the big-eared little bastard session's doesn't want to get rid of the opioid problem they just want to put people behind bars in private prisons for any so-called drug and take the under table payments these private prison's pay them. Make marijuana legal you lower the opioid problem, you'll never eliminate it.

Not true.

Letter From the Director

You notice that in your post, it says that it can affect young people in their development. Same thing could be said about alcohol, because it does just as much damage or more on young people as well.

Never said that it should be given to kids. I personally believe the rules that regulate alcohol should also be used for marijuana.

And.................like I said................the first year that CO legalized cannabis for recreational use, opioid overdoses dropped 25 percent, and they have continued to drop ever since.

I understand that, and don't disagree. But according to the NIH report - marijuana can be addictive...and not just to youngsters. As it becomes legalized in more states, adolescents will increase their use. Comparing it to alcohol is a false dichotomy - both are bad. I don't know how we keep legal drugs away from kids.

Not true.

Letter From the Director

Something is being left out in this article. School? No one is talking about letting kids use any drug. I have my best days at my job after having some edibles. Sharp as hell and most people I know same.

Not true.

Letter From the Director

I understand that, and don't disagree. But according to the NIH report - marijuana can be addictive...and not just to youngsters. As it becomes legalized in more states, adolescents will increase their use. Comparing it to alcohol is a false dichotomy - both are bad. I don't know how we keep legal drugs away from kids.

And who does the NIH work for? Adolescent use went down in the legal states, research it. Any addiction is the head, true addiction is physical and marijuana ain't a physical addiction. If one has it in their heads they are going to get addicted to anything, alcohol, sex, gambling, etc.

Not true.

Letter From the Director

Something is being left out in this article. School? No one is talking about letting kids use any drug. I have my best days at my job after having some edibles. Sharp as hell and most people I know same.

Sharp enough to realize my response addressed whether or not mj is addictive? Sharp enough to click on the link?
:wink_2:

Not true.

Letter From the Director

Sharp enough to realize my response addressed whether or not mj is addictive? Sharp enough to click on the link?
:wink_2:

I don't have to read the goddamn thing, I am 70 years old smoked a lot of marijuana in my lifetime, make over 6 figures a year and still working. Have many friends in the same situation.

Forum List

Back