Eric Holder: Voter ID Laws Are 'Poll Taxes'

just white people showing how trash their race is by being racist. voter fraud numbers have never been a problem. this same crap they did in 60's in the civil rights.

Stuff it, you old race-baiting drunkard. No wonder you can't get a job.

It is not like this was passed a week before the election. They have a couple of months to put together the few dollars, and the identification they need to get a state non-drivers ID. Get your ID and there is no stopping you from voting. By the time October comes around the people who want their ID and to vote will have it, and those who are too lazy will probably not vote anyway. If it is too hard to get to the DMV for a day then it would certainly be too hard on you to vote.

The point is that it's illegal to have to pay to vote.
Driver's licenses are not free. Almost every state has a motor voter program.
I cannot think of an acceptable form of ID that does not cost money.
Specious argument.

It is not like this was passed a week before the election. They have a couple of months to put together the few dollars, and the identification they need to get a state non-drivers ID. Get your ID and there is no stopping you from voting. By the time October comes around the people who want their ID and to vote will have it, and those who are too lazy will probably not vote anyway. If it is too hard to get to the DMV for a day then it would certainly be too hard on you to vote.

Specious argument.

thus they keep poor and minorities from voting.

shocker white republicans trying to block blacks and the poor.

Specious argument.

Minorities and the poor would need an ID for welfare benefits or other stuff like buying liquor or a pack of smokes. Is that a White racist Republican plot as well?

And also, if they need an ID for the above things, then they'd already have a form of ID to vote, so technically there would be no "poll tax".

The only possible reason that anyone could object to Voter ID laws, particularly when ID is provided without cost, would be to engage in VOTER FRAUD. Think about it... If we had a whole bunch of people, based on race or based on poverty, who could NOT procure an ID, we'd have a bunch of people who had no way to participate meaningfully in the economy AT ALL. No bank accounts, no loans, no insurance, no doctor visits, etc. etc. And isn't it logical that if we had such a gigantic problem, so many people disenfranchised by their inability to procure identification, we'd be seeing protests and marches all over the country? Why, if that was the case... it's ALL we'd be hearing about in the news. Politicians would be beating their chests. Jesse and Al would be mugging to the news cameras. It would be bedlam out there.

But that's not what we're seeing is it? :eusa_whistle:

Specious argument.

Cut the whiny assed race card bullshit.
Newsflash...The deck is not stacked against you, there is not a racist under every bed and it's not Whitey's fault.
Grow the fuck up and stand on your own two feet. Show some pride and be willing to accept the responsibilities of adulthood.
Look bonehead, those who refuse to obtain an acceptable ID are keeping themselves on the outside. They are making the conscious choice to NOT obtain an ID.

Specious argument.

Read this and say that

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...demolishes-usdojs-case-against-voter-i-d.html

:cuckoo:

What this thread fails to say is the fact that with any voter ID law comes the caveat that a photo ID is furnished FREE.

If you do not have the proper identification, you will be provided with a provisional ballot. Your provisional ballot will count if the signature on the provisional ballot envelope matches the signature on your voter registration application.

Which of the following is LEAST likely to be believed by Independent swing voters who put Obama in Office?

A) Voter ID Laws are Poll Taxes
B) New Black Panthers with night sticks outside a polling place is NOT Voter Intimidation
C) ACORN registering members of The Dallas Cowboys to vote in Nevada is not voter fraud

Wait... I know this...

Specious argument.

Minorities and the poor would need an ID for welfare benefits or other stuff like buying liquor or a pack of smokes. Is that a White racist Republican plot as well?

And also, if they need an ID for the above things, then they'd already have a form of ID to vote, so technically there would be no "poll tax".

another shocker a white racist republican thinks every poor person is on welfare lol

Forum List

Back