Eric Holder: Voter ID Laws Are 'Poll Taxes'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lakhota, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,978
    More: Eric Holder: Voter ID Laws Are 'Poll Taxes'

2. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    So give the Poor Free ID's Problem Solved. Yet I bet Holder is still Opposed because what he really wants is for Illegal aliens to be able to vote for Democrats in elections. Period.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    I am pretty sure that is already done.

4. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Eric Holder is sick in the head if he thinks people are buying that malarkey.

5. salem.hills

salem.hills Right Winger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Holder is and knows more then any criminal this high up in our governments history whatever he wants I'd die for to do the opposite

6. Salt Jones

Salt Jones BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +510
    Today?

7. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,969
    Eric Holder has also told us that the people responsible for Fast and Furious would be punished. What happened was all the officials involved were PROMOTED and moved to DC.

He told us that he did not know about Fast and Furious until 2 weeks before he was asked about it, even though we have an e-mail that clearly states that the program was mentioned to him months before.

By the way? A Federal Court will decide if ID laws are poll taxes. And if a lower court does so you can rest assured it will go to the Supreme Court. Facts, history and precedent all stand opposed to the view that requiring ID to vote is a poll tax. I believe 21 or 27 States have such laws and some have had them for quite some time.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. P@triot

P@triot Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,618
    Well then why doesn't he and the rest of the idiot liberals support it? All those Marxists want to do is tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, and tax!

9. tererun

tererun BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +159
    I still have to disagree with this idea. Gwetting a state issued ID is something everyone should do. It is not just for voting, but for getting good jobs, getting prescriptions, getting a bank account, cashing checks, getting welfare and government benefits, identifying yourself, buying alcohol and tobacco products, and many other things. I do not see where the problem is in getting to the DMV and getting your state issued ID. Once you get it then no one can keep you from voting, and you can register to vote when you get it.

I also feel that given the number of places we require Id to be shown, and the minimal importance some of those have, we should probably have ID requirements on something like voting. I know some people who have worked the voting places in the US, and it is not uncommon for both parties to pick up poor and homeless people and drive them to iffy districts and have them vote. It is a big step in eliminating voter fraud on both sides to require a state issued photo ID to vote.

This whole idea of disenfranchising a group of people is a load of crap. If you did not care enough about your vote to go register and get your ID which is a simple process then maybe you should just stay at home and continue top be lazy that day. Just make the law that you need ID to vote, and every american citizen knows to get it so they can vote. If you want to help out the poor who find it hard to get a picture ID then waive the cost for them to do so. If you are already that poor you are probably getting aid from DSS anyway, so have the DSS issue a voucher for you to get a non-driver photo ID. You could even advertise this shit at the DSS office and get the information out to the poor people.

Let us get with the new millenium and get some ID requirements at the voting booth.

10. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,969
    What's really funny about his speech at the NAACP is that he required all journalists to show proper identification.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1