Eric Holder: Voter ID Laws Are 'Poll Taxes'

By Nick Wing

Pennsylvanians will be required to show government-issued photo identification in order to cast votes in November, thanks to a GOP-supported voter ID law signed by Gov. Tom Corbett (R) earlier this year. While supporters argued that it was a simple measure meant to combat voter fraud, figures released this week show that the law may affect more than 750,000 Pennsylvanians who don't currently possess identification cards issued by the state Department of Transportation.

According to the report, which compared voter registration rolls with transportation department ID databases, more than 758,000 registered voters in Pennsylvania have no driver's license -- a primary form of identification. That's 9.2 percent of the state's 8.2 million voters, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports. In Philadelphia, the state's biggest city, that number balloons to 18 percent of the city's total voting population -- around 186,830 registered voters, according to the newspaper.

More: Pennsylvania Voter ID Law Threatens To Disenfranchise Nearly 10 Percent Of State's Voters

Huffo Puffo Fluffo

Holy Mother of God..........tell me this meathead Lakota doesnt take the honors for forum Whistle Past The Graveyard threads? The social invalids always excell with this shit...........

s0n...........nobody cares.

Holy Mother of God..........tell me this meathead Lakota doesnt take the honors for forum Whistle Past The Graveyard threads? The social invalids always excell with this shit...........

Lakhota is a Progressive useful tool and doesn't seem to mind one bit
they bring nothing of use to this board, just spam threads

Last edited:

Lakhota is a Progressive useful tool and doesn't seem to mind one bit
they bring nothing of use to this board, just spam threads

They don't even debate. Just keep using talking points from left wing garbage sites.

I put up a post on how the Carter Center is pro voter ID to prevent voter fraud. One Cherokee : One Vote right in the USA since 1999.

That Carter Center link also gives the requirements for what we consider *cough* less developed countries with voter laws requiring Voter Identification.

There can only be one reason why liberals are fighting against insuring against voter fraud in elections.

They want voter fraud. Period full stop.

PS don't you love that shit on Holder requiring journalists to have ID? :D Priceless.

Eric Who??? Oh, that Asshole. Yeah, If there is one thing he knows well, it's Bullshit. Why wasn't he thrown out of D.C. on his ass?....... Oh Yeah.

Attorney general nominee Eric H. Holder Jr. repeatedly pushed some of his subordinates at the Clinton Justice Department to drop their opposition to a controversial 1999 grant of clemency to 16 members of two violent Puerto Rican nationalist organizations, according to interviews and documents…

…President Clinton’s decision to commute prison terms caused an uproar at the time. Holder was called before Congress to explain his role but declined to answer numerous questions from angry lawmakers demanding to know why the Justice Department had not sided with the FBI, federal prosecutors and other law enforcement officials, who were vehemently opposed to the grants.

Some religious groups and influential individuals, including President Carter, had endorsed the commutations. But Clinton’s decision outraged law enforcement officials, who had tried to contain a bombing campaign in New York, Chicago and elsewhere in the 1970s and 1980s by groups seeking independence for Puerto Rico from the United States.

New interviews and an examination of previously undisclosed documents indicate that Holder played an active role in changing the position of the Justice Department on the commutations.

Holder instructed his staff at Justice’s Office of the Pardon Attorney to effectively replace the department’s original report recommending against any commutations, which had been sent to the White House in 1996, with one that favored clemency for at least half the prisoners, according to these interviews and documents.

And after Pardon Attorney Roger Adams resisted, Holder’s chief of staff instructed him to draft a neutral “options memo” instead, Adams said.

The options memo allowed Clinton to grant the commutations without appearing to go against the Justice Department’s wishes, Adams and his predecessor, Margaret Colgate Love, said in their first public comments on the case.

Michelle Malkin » How Eric Holder fixed the FALN pardons

Figures. Holder Demands Journalists Show Photo ID to Get Into His NAACP Talk on Evils of Photo ID Laws
Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 5:59 PM
You just can’t make this stuff up.

Eric Holder gave a talk today at the annual NAACP conference in Houston. The far left Attorney General slammed the recent state voter ID laws. In order to cover the event as a journalist you had to show a photo ID.

SNIP:
NOTE: All media must present government-issued photo I.D. (such as a driver’s license) as well as valid media credentials. Members of the media must RSVP to receive press credentials athttp://action.naacp.org/page/s/registration. For security purposes, media check-in and equipment set up must be completed by 9:45 a.m. CDT for a 10:00 a.m. CDT security sweep. Once the security sweep is completed, additional media equipment will NOT be permitted to enter and swept equipment will NOT be permitted to exit. Press inquiries regarding logistics should be directed to REDACTED.

the rest at
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/
O

M

G

The sanctimony could be cut with a chainsaw. :lol:

By RAMIT PLUSHNICK-MASTI and PETE YOST

HOUSTON -- Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday he opposes a new photo ID requirement in Texas elections because it would be harmful to minority voters.

In remarks to the NAACP in Houston, the attorney general said the Justice Department "will not allow political pretexts to disenfranchise American citizens of their most precious right."

Under the law passed in Texas, Holder said that "many of those without IDs would have to travel great distances to get them – and some would struggle to pay for the documents they might need to obtain them."

"We call those poll taxes," Holder added spontaneously, drawing applause as he moved away from the original text of his speech with a reference to a fee used in some Southern states after slavery's abolition to disenfranchise black people.

"I will not allow that to happen," he added.

More: Eric Holder: Voter ID Laws Are 'Poll Taxes'

What a disgraceful hypocrite this Attorney General is. Clearly not fit for office.

By RAMIT PLUSHNICK-MASTI and PETE YOST

HOUSTON -- Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday he opposes a new photo ID requirement in Texas elections because it would be harmful to minority voters.

In remarks to the NAACP in Houston, the attorney general said the Justice Department "will not allow political pretexts to disenfranchise American citizens of their most precious right."

Under the law passed in Texas, Holder said that "many of those without IDs would have to travel great distances to get them – and some would struggle to pay for the documents they might need to obtain them."

"We call those poll taxes," Holder added spontaneously, drawing applause as he moved away from the original text of his speech with a reference to a fee used in some Southern states after slavery's abolition to disenfranchise black people.

"I will not allow that to happen," he added.

More: Eric Holder: Voter ID Laws Are 'Poll Taxes'

Then so is not providing free transortation to the polls. Holder is a fucking retard.

I'm unclear here, is it because Holder does not give a flying Fuck or a Rat's Ass, that he refuses to do the job he is being paid for?

Effingham, IL —

In this day and age, photo identifications are necessary for almost everything, except to prove you are legally entitled to vote! For whatever reason, the administration and Attorney Genera, Eric Holder, absolutely refuse to make any attempt to at least reduce instances of voter fraud. In spite of public outrage, they do not understand the necessity to insure legal voters' ballots, not be diluted by votes of substantial numbers of illegal voters. In a previous letter, I pointed out Holder's inhibitions to prosecute, or even investigate, instances of voter fraud or intimidations. Could there be any correlation between his and the Obama administration's adversity to enforce immigration laws to reduce the number of illegal immigrants, and the number of votes cast illegally?

Even now, the Justice Department is attempting to prevent the States of Florida and Ohio from attempting to assure a more legal election. The American electorate should be outraged by the fact that the administration is not too prone to eliminate, insofar as possible, election fraud. Everyone knows it runs rampant, but apparently Holder is oblivious to this fact.

Allowing Voter Fraud and Leaks - Teutopolis, IL - Teutopolis Press-Dieterich Gazette

intense-albums-that-and-this-picture4361-cid-x-ma7-1333599921-aol.jpg

I'm unclear here, is it because Holder does not give a flying Fuck or a Rat's Ass, that he refuses to do the job he is being paid for?

Effingham, IL —

In this day and age, photo identifications are necessary for almost everything, except to prove you are legally entitled to vote! For whatever reason, the administration and Attorney Genera, Eric Holder, absolutely refuse to make any attempt to at least reduce instances of voter fraud. In spite of public outrage, they do not understand the necessity to insure legal voters' ballots, not be diluted by votes of substantial numbers of illegal voters. In a previous letter, I pointed out Holder's inhibitions to prosecute, or even investigate, instances of voter fraud or intimidations. Could there be any correlation between his and the Obama administration's adversity to enforce immigration laws to reduce the number of illegal immigrants, and the number of votes cast illegally?

Even now, the Justice Department is attempting to prevent the States of Florida and Ohio from attempting to assure a more legal election. The American electorate should be outraged by the fact that the administration is not too prone to eliminate, insofar as possible, election fraud. Everyone knows it runs rampant, but apparently Holder is oblivious to this fact.

Allowing Voter Fraud and Leaks - Teutopolis, IL - Teutopolis Press-Dieterich Gazette

And where is all this voter fraud he's suppose to be suppressing?

Personally, I don't want the AG on a snipe hunt. But hey, that's just me.

Many many moons ago, I was living in downtown Minneapolis. The nearest DMV ( the only place to get a state ID at the time ) was a three hour bus ride away. I worked every morning and went to school every night monday through friday. There was absolutely no time for me to go get my state issued ID. I went without one for nearly two years.

That being said...

Get out the vote drives could always change their tactics and start driving people to where they need to get the IDs. Yes voter ID will make it harder to vote, Yes, its a tactic being used by the NeoCons to disenfranchise voters that will most likely NOT vote for them, that doesnt mean we should whine about it and pretend the solution isnt damned easy to see.

Yes, life is inconvenient when you use mass transit. I just want to know how you got a decent job and identified yourself to a school without ID. There was only 2 jobs I had that I did not have to show them my DL and SS card, one was for my father when I was under 18, and the other was off the books at a gas station working 3rd shift. Oh wait, make that 3 I worked as a pin jockey when i was 14 after school and i did not have a state ID issued yet. I don't know if i could even find a place today where they didn't want to see a picture ID. Even when i went to college I had to show my DL to people to get a school ID, and to verify my residence. It is even easy for me to register when I move because to switch my DL over to the state i move to they all allow me to register on the same application.

I will agree if it is a problem we are of the ability and technology we could set up something like a traveling state ID application area that would go from town to town and get people IDs, and could do it on weekends. With today's internet technology, and the small ID printers states have now you could easily travel and give out state IDs. You might even make some profit on it if you charged a couple of bucks considering all the people who could use one. 4 cheapo computers, a router, a DMV camera and printer, and a bluh backdrop and some ropes for a line and you are set. Given modern monitors I could carry the entire setup in my fusion, and aside from the printer i could do it for less than a grand for the equipment per mobile unit you wanted to set up. Hell, I am positive the state has the equipment sitting around collecting dust they could use, and if they don't I know companies that toss away that equipment daily.

Ahhh, but the republicans hate programs that help out the poor so they would never vote for it.

I was from out of state. So my Missouri Drivers Liscence was acceptable to the school and for employment and cashing checks and the banks. But obviously not to vote...and one bar for some reason.
Your missouri ID was not OK to vote because you were not at the area where you reside according to the state. College is not a residence. The first year I voted for a president was in 1992. I went to college in the same state I was voting. I could not cast my vote there because my college dorm room was not a residence. So I got my absentee ballot from my county because I wanted to vote. All along the way there were teachers and school speakers who went around telling people how to do it.

Someday I hope the system comes so far that you can be anywhere in the US on election day and cast your vote in a voting place, but for now you do need to go to the proper locations to vote and count. You also have your state ID, and I am sure you have used it for many purposes because i attended college once. They should go out and get ID.

I'd be willing to wager that the vast majority of those 'possibly disenfranchised voters' are actually ILLEGAL voters. Let them all cast provisional ballots and then INVESTIGATE their legality.

If you object to THAT you're admitting the fraud.

I'd be willing to wager that the vast majority of those 'possibly disenfranchised voters' are actually ILLEGAL voters. Let them all cast provisional ballots and then INVESTIGATE their legality.

I object to the idea that someone who knows they are in the country illegally would willingly put themselves under the scrutiny of the government. I finf that assertion to be utterly ridiculous. So Id take your wager is what Im saying.

that being said however, if you think you can catch some illegals and deport them that way, more power to you. I hope you do. Just try not to waste millions of dollars to deport like 20 illegals huh?

Last edited:
Yes, life is inconvenient when you use mass transit. I just want to know how you got a decent job and identified yourself to a school without ID. There was only 2 jobs I had that I did not have to show them my DL and SS card, one was for my father when I was under 18, and the other was off the books at a gas station working 3rd shift. Oh wait, make that 3 I worked as a pin jockey when i was 14 after school and i did not have a state ID issued yet. I don't know if i could even find a place today where they didn't want to see a picture ID. Even when i went to college I had to show my DL to people to get a school ID, and to verify my residence. It is even easy for me to register when I move because to switch my DL over to the state i move to they all allow me to register on the same application.

I will agree if it is a problem we are of the ability and technology we could set up something like a traveling state ID application area that would go from town to town and get people IDs, and could do it on weekends. With today's internet technology, and the small ID printers states have now you could easily travel and give out state IDs. You might even make some profit on it if you charged a couple of bucks considering all the people who could use one. 4 cheapo computers, a router, a DMV camera and printer, and a bluh backdrop and some ropes for a line and you are set. Given modern monitors I could carry the entire setup in my fusion, and aside from the printer i could do it for less than a grand for the equipment per mobile unit you wanted to set up. Hell, I am positive the state has the equipment sitting around collecting dust they could use, and if they don't I know companies that toss away that equipment daily.

Ahhh, but the republicans hate programs that help out the poor so they would never vote for it.

I was from out of state. So my Missouri Drivers Liscence was acceptable to the school and for employment and cashing checks and the banks. But obviously not to vote...and one bar for some reason.
Your missouri ID was not OK to vote because you were not at the area where you reside according to the state. College is not a residence. The first year I voted for a president was in 1992. I went to college in the same state I was voting. I could not cast my vote there because my college dorm room was not a residence. So I got my absentee ballot from my county because I wanted to vote. All along the way there were teachers and school speakers who went around telling people how to do it.

Someday I hope the system comes so far that you can be anywhere in the US on election day and cast your vote in a voting place, but for now you do need to go to the proper locations to vote and count. You also have your state ID, and I am sure you have used it for many purposes because i attended college once. They should go out and get ID.

Agreed that would be great...which is one of the reasons I support a national ID card. Present it and vote anywhere in the country ( once obviously ) no fuss no muss.

Hell Ill donate to any organization that would help pay for those IDs for the poor, elderly and students.

Prove it, you criminal liar. Prove that it is somehow "harmful" to minorities. I betcha can't! The Lefties on this board and on other political boards have yet to prove it, so why should a corrupt bureaucrat like you be able to?

I object to the idea that someone who knows they are in the country illegally would willingly put themselves under the scrutiny of the government. I finf that assertion to be utterly ridiculous. So Id take your wager is what Im saying.

that being said however, if you think you can catch some illegals and deport them that way, more power to you. I hope you do. Just try not to waste millions of dollars to deport like 20 illegals huh?

That's the whole point, at present they have NOTHING to fear. I've lived in heavily Hispanic areas and have worked in construction crews with illegals from Arizona to Georgia, and I can promise you the LAST thing they live in is FEAR. Fuck, NOTHING has consequences if you're illegal.

DUI, or almost ANY crime - No problem - Make up a name, you got no ID or Social Security number, there's no way law enforcement can verify anything you tell them. Post bond - change name - rinse & repeat - IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

Voter fraud is no big deal after that...

That's the whole point, at present they have NOTHING to fear. I've lived in heavily Hispanic areas and have worked in construction crews with illegals from Arizona to Georgia, and I can promise you the LAST thing they live in is FEAR. Fuck, NOTHING has consequences if you're illegal.

DUI, or almost ANY crime - No problem - Make up a name, you got no ID or Social Security number, there's no way law enforcement can verify anything you tell them. Post bond - change name - rinse & repeat - IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

Voter fraud is no big deal after that...

I hear you on the change their ID as often as their underwear. My family went through 18 months of hell because some illegal was using my identity and the IRS came after me for their cut.

You have convinced me to place my opinion on the issue back into the I dont know category.

Forum List

Back