ER wait times in CA are so bad that some people are just giving up

Tried to warn the brainless back in 2009 that this would end up being a clusterfuck. If you live in a blue state, in the coming years, you'll check into an ER and be handed a bumpy cucumber to remind you that an 8-9 hour wait is imminent. And that's if you somehow got a lucky bumpy.

Were heading to single payer....its gonna be awesome! I'm fucked as is anybody with chronic health issues. Some bureaucrat is gonna give us the big bumpy....probably via text message btw....."FUCK YOU....PROCEDURE DENIED! HAVE A NICE DAY!"

It was pretty wretched there before we fled for Mizzery...

But to tell ya the truth I've been clumsy all my life. Extra deluxe clumsy. If I went to the er every time I got hurt I'd just have to be a squatter in the waiting room.

My hubby has gotten to be an excellent medic. :113:

Meh, call 911 so at least you can lay on a stretcher in the hallway while you wait. :10:

It all depends on volume. The last time I went as a patient, I was back as soon as they bracletted me because there was no wait time at all. Literally nobody in the chairs, Wasn't even triaged, When I took a relative who was literally dying, they waitroomed him over my protests, I saw the triage nurse and told them they needed to bed him and she was a bitch about it and he would just have to wait and as soon as she took his blood pressure when it was finally his turn, she turned white as a ghost jumped on the phone and proclaimed she needed a bed right now and she didn't care if they had to throw someone out of a room to get it. She was "Somebody should Have..." and I was "I told the intake woman he was very bad off and passing out, and I told you and you still made him wait, so yeah that somebody who should have sure wasn't me now was it."

Forum List

Back