EnviroMarxists: Give up Air Conditioning!

Where did we get the crazy notion that the EnviroMarxists want to use the fake Global Warming Homeopathy and Phrenology Quasi-science to run Western Civilization into caves?

"In the heat wave, the case against air conditioning

By Stan Cox
Sunday, July 11, 2010; B03

Washington didn't grind to a sweaty halt last week under triple-digit temperatures. People didn't even slow down. Instead, the three-day, 100-plus-degree, record-shattering heat wave prompted Washingtonians to crank up their favorite humidity-reducing, electricity-bill-busting, fluorocarbon-filled appliance: the air conditioner. "

In the heat wave, the case against air conditioning

What do you think, al gore: Is his AC on or off? How about in his car:AC on or off?

In heat waives when the power companies are all calling for conversation, I wonder just who we are conserving for? Am I to shut off everything for those who still want to use the power?

Well, if you have a windy friend like Walleyes, that might work:lol:

There are many ways that conserving electricity during a heat wave can work. During the day, when the use is the highest, don't do the normal chores, like washing dishes, clothes, ect.

Deniers confirm that posting dire "Man Made Global Warming!" Posts is actually the leading cause of ManMade Global Warming.

So Warmers, if you want to save the planet, stop warning us, OK?

Can I get some peer review?

Consensus?

Frank, you have few peers. The average IQ is 100, and below 70, it tails off rapidly.

Deniers confirm that posting dire "Man Made Global Warming!" Posts is actually the leading cause of ManMade Global Warming.

Consensus?

I have peer reviewed this post and find it to be 200% accurate.

A well insulated build house -- one with a basement and one build with a good exhaust on the top floor -- doesn't need AC in the NorthEast.

I can drive down the temperature of my home 10-15 degrees pulling cool air up from the basement and exhausting the hot air out through the attic.

That means on a 90 degree day here in Maine, I can be pretty comfortable on the first floor (probably around high 70s) and tolerably warm (low 80s, or so) on the second floor without AC.

Of course, down South and other warmer climates I expect AC is as necessary in the summer as heating homes is for us up here in the North during the winter.

Basically, I'm getting along using a passive geothermal air conditioning system to cool off my house

Not entirely passive, of course, since I use a fan to exhaust the hot air.

It probably cost me about $10 a month to cool my house in the summer.

Consensus?

Frank, you have few peers. The average IQ is 100, and below 70, it tails off rapidly.

First accurate statement you've made in this forum!

I have few peers and you're clearly not one of them

Consensus?

Luckily for the sake of the globe, VERY FEW!!! :rolleyes:

Luckily for the sake of the globe, VERY FEW!!! :rolleyes:

One day, someone just like me at the Science Department of a major University is going to drag the Warmers by the ear to a laboratory with 2 side by side tanks and tell them: show me how a 400PPM increase in CO2 increase temperature.

Where did we get the crazy notion that the EnviroMarxists want to use the fake Global Warming Homeopathy and Phrenology Quasi-science to run Western Civilization into caves?

"In the heat wave, the case against air conditioning

By Stan Cox
Sunday, July 11, 2010; B03

Washington didn't grind to a sweaty halt last week under triple-digit temperatures. People didn't even slow down. Instead, the three-day, 100-plus-degree, record-shattering heat wave prompted Washingtonians to crank up their favorite humidity-reducing, electricity-bill-busting, fluorocarbon-filled appliance: the air conditioner. "

In the heat wave, the case against air conditioning

What do you think, al gore: Is his AC on or off? How about in his car:AC on or off?

In heat waives when the power companies are all calling for conversation, I wonder just who we are conserving for? Am I to shut off everything for those who still want to use the power?

Well, if you have a windy friend like Walleyes, that might work:lol:

There are many ways that conserving electricity during a heat wave can work. During the day, when the use is the highest, don't do the normal chores, like washing dishes, clothes, ect.

LOL... I hate spell check! And especially when I don't check to see what its changed it too.

Forum List

Back