Entitlements must be cut drastically. Here's why...

So many people abuse every welfare and entitlement system we have. Its all just a fucking joke now.

It all needs to be cut, 100%.

I REALLY hope you right wingers run on ending those programs. The American people will send you packing.

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Well then contact your Senators and Representatives and tell em to get rid of the tax loopholes, tax breaks and all subsidies.

What do you think OWS is all about? Add in get all money out of our electoral system and you've got it the whole point of it covered. Problem is, our congress is full of rich assholes making money off of these very things - and who are in collusion / writing legislation for the very companies benefiting. See the problem?

If your so concerned about the needy then start your own charity dude. Whip out YOUR wallet and checkbook and you pay for em. . I'm not interested in paying anyones bills.

I do give what I can to charity AND I volunteer. I'd much rather throw in a couple of pennies pay someone's heating bill that can't make ends meet than boost some CEO's salary. That is for damn sure.

The OWS turned out to be a bunch of idiots. They couldn't even come up with a coherant list of what they were looking for. They let themselves get infiltrated by a bunch of kooks.
They also left one hell of a mess that someone else had to clean up.

If the Clowns get enough pressure from constituants then things will happen because they will all be worried about being voted out.

You contribute to charity because its your choice to. Nothing says you have to give a dime to anybody. I also contribute to charity but its because I chose to.

The Govt has decided that our hardearned tax money has to be given away to the vast amount of freeloaders in this country. Able bodied folks who can't or won't pay their own way. I take extreme umbrage to being forced to support them. If someone is truly mentally or physically handicapped then I have no problem helping them out. The other freeloader, no thanks.

So many people abuse every welfare and entitlement system we have. Its all just a fucking joke now.

I REALLY hope you right wingers run on ending those programs. The American people will send you packing.

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history."

Unfortunately you're probably right. Most all of the people on those programs likely lack the integrity to vote for getting rid of the programs. And there are probably just enough people that have bought into the liberal lie that said programs actually help people better themselves, that it is indeed likley such a measure would never pass.

Last edited:
My Time at Walmart: Why We Need Serious Welfare Reform

I posted the above article containing rampant abuse of entitlement programs as an illustration of a fundamental difference in perception between liberals and conservatives when it comes to entitlement programs. What both sides agree on is that there isn't any thing wrong and government indeed should help those that truly can't help themselves or need a little TEMPORARY assistance. The difference between liberals and conservatives is of the people on welfare, how many of the aformentioned are there? Is it a majority of welfare system (programs like food stamps, WIC, unemployment insurance, etc.) collectors that truly can't do better in life or is it mainly moochers who are conciously incorrectly prioritizing? The fact is libs, it's the later as this case study shows. Our welfare rolls across the nation are filled predominantly with people who can, but will not help themselves. The system enables that behavior, it does not prevent it. All of our entitlement programs need to be cut drastically if we really want to prevent poverty in America as well as start cutting our debt.

I wonder why your disdain is focused on the poor and you ignore the wealthy tax cheats? From my perspective both those who can and don't and the white collar crooks need to be held accountable.

Unfortunately you're probably right. Most all of the people on those programs likely lack the integrity to vote for getting rid of the programs. And there are probably just enough people that have bought into the liberal lie that said programs actually help people better themselves, that it is indeed likley such a measure would never pass.

Bern, you need to stuff your right wing profiling up your ass. Wealth does not equal virtue. You right wingers continue to prove me right...

Q: What is conservatism?
A: Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.

Q: What is wrong with conservatism?
A: Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

The only people who lack integrity are people like you. This right wing ignorance is dangerous. There is just as many scummy people among the rich. And they usually rip off people for a LOT more $$$$$$$ than the poor.

And you REALLY need to educate yourself about poverty.

I posted the above article containing rampant abuse of entitlement programs as an illustration of a fundamental difference in perception between liberals and conservatives when it comes to entitlement programs. What both sides agree on is that there isn't any thing wrong and government indeed should help those that truly can't help themselves or need a little TEMPORARY assistance. The difference between liberals and conservatives is of the people on welfare, how many of the aformentioned are there? Is it a majority of welfare system (programs like food stamps, WIC, unemployment insurance, etc.) collectors that truly can't do better in life or is it mainly moochers who are conciously incorrectly prioritizing? The fact is libs, it's the later as this case study shows. Our welfare rolls across the nation are filled predominantly with people who can, but will not help themselves. The system enables that behavior, it does not prevent it. All of our entitlement programs need to be cut drastically if we really want to prevent poverty in America as well as start cutting our debt.

I wonder why your disdain is focused on the poor and you ignore the wealthy tax cheats? From my perspective both those who can and don't and the white collar crooks need to be held accountable.

I don't ignore them. In fact if you actially read through the thread you would see that I agreed with Peepers on measures to get rid of corporate gove't corruption, subsidies, tax breaks, etc.

I do wonder why you lefties always seem to want to sweep under the rug the fact that the poor are comprised of dishonest crooks as well and want to immediately shift attention to the rich rather than actually stopping the abuse in the specific area we're talking about.

Bern, you need to stuff your right wing profiling up your ass. Wealth does not equal virtue. You right wingers continue to prove me right...

Never said it did, next completely false statement.........

No it isn't, ummmm next completely false statement.........again......

Q: What is wrong with conservatism?
A: Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

Parts of conservatism are. Like social conservatism which I'm against. But that isn't the conservatism we're talking about here. We're talking about conservatism in terms of the principle of limited federal government and adherence to the constitution which does not list as one of the fed's obligations the right to take from some to provide for others needs.

The only people who lack integrity are people like you. This right wing ignorance is dangerous. There is just as many scummy people among the rich. And they usually rip off people for a LOT more $$$$$$$ than the poor.

And you are proving my point. That it is the left that perpetuates class warfare. This thread was NEVER about what the rich do or don't do or whether their corrupt or not. It was about a specific group of people. People who abuse a system that other tax payers foot the bill for. And it was YOU that proved you had know integrity when you insisted on sweeping that issue entirley under the rug and on displaying an amazing level of intellectual dishonesty by trying shift attention to the rich. You could have tried to argue that are welfare programs work well and that they help people and that we need to fund them evern more, but no. Since you knew what I was speaking was the truth, the only way to be disagreeable was to change the subject. THAT is why you lack integrity.

In what areas exactly and why? What is it I need to learn that supposedly is going to make me say 'why yes bfgrn, the best way to help poor people is just give them even more shit with no strings attached? Explain it to me.

Last edited:

Cute article.

Now, how are you able to make such a claim like this?

Our welfare rolls across the nation are filled predominantly with people who can, but will not help themselves.

Do you have any data to support this? That a majority of people on assistance are mooching off of the system. This seems like a pretty substantial claim to make and without actual evidence I don't know how much merit your complaint has.

1) TANF spending is a tiny drop in a massive bucket relative to federal spending.

2) WIC and related programs are just as much a price support for dairy farmers as they are assistance programs.

3) Maybe we need the TANF/Welfare program to have some rules. I don't know, things like only people with children qualify, you must take part in a work program, you can only be in the program for two years consecutive and lifetime benefits can total no more than five years. Something like that....

Never said it did, next completely false statement.........

No it isn't, ummmm next completely false statement.........again......

Parts of conservatism are. Like social conservatism which I'm against. But that isn't the conservatism we're talking about here. We're talking about conservatism in terms of the principle of limited federal government and adherence to the constitution which does not list as one of the fed's obligations the right to take from some to provide for others needs.

And you are proving my point. That it is the left that perpetuates class warfare. This thread was NEVER about what the rich do or don't do or whether their corrupt or not. It was about a specific group of people. People who abuse a system that other tax payers foot the bill for. And it was YOU that proved you had know integrity when you insisted on sweeping that issue entirley under the rug and on displaying an amazing level of intellectual dishonesty by trying shift attention to the rich. You could have tried to argue that are welfare programs work well and that they help people and that we need to fund them evern more, but no. Since you knew what I was speaking was the truth, the only way to be disagreeable was to change the subject. THAT is why you lack integrity.

In what areas exactly and why? What is it I need to learn that supposedly is going to make me say 'why yes bfgrn, the best way to help poor people is just give them even more shit with no strings attached? Explain it to me.

More right wing bullshit. Your reply is dripping with the right wing ignorance of profiling and demeaning some group of people. THAT is what you right wing turds do.

HERE is an example of what you spewed:
"Most all of the people on those programs likely lack the integrity to vote for getting rid of the programs. And there are probably just enough people that have bought into the liberal lie that said programs actually help people better themselves."

THAT my ignorant friend is profiling.

Are there a percentage of poor people who take advantage of the system...YES. But it is not a majority. YOU want to paint them ALL as lacking integrity. Most are people who work, and need some help to feed their family or pay a utility bill.

WHAT you need to learn about poverty?

When President Kennedy's brother-in law Sargent Shriver accepted LBJ's challenge and took on the 'War on Poverty' the first thing he discovered was rather startling and disturbing. Half of the Americans living in poverty were children. Another large segment were elderly and another segment were mentally and/or physically disabled. So a HUGE segment of the poor fit the TRUE definition of a dependent. So there is an obligation as a civil society to make sure those real dependents are not trampled on or extinguished.

Cute article.

Now, how are you able to make such a claim like this?

Our welfare rolls across the nation are filled predominantly with people who can, but will not help themselves.

Do you have any data to support this? That a majority of people on assistance are mooching off of the system. This seems like a pretty substantial claim to make and without actual evidence I don't know how much merit your complaint has.

I personally have not seen it as a majority.

But it would be naive to think it is not a significant minority.

As I stated earlier...we see about 1/3 of those on unemployment NOT doing all they can to get a job.
I laugh at reasons for not being able to interview....and these are true..

"I am going to 6 Flags. It is not nearly as crowded during the week as it is on weekends"
"I am going to the beach with my friend. She is taking a sick day, She still has 3 left and the summer is almost over"
"I am babysitting for my cousins kids tomorrow cuz she needs some time to herself"

And these are folks ON unemployment.

Yes, it would be SO preferable to just wait until they collapse our economic viability.

More right wing bullshit. Your reply is dripping with the right wing ignorance of profiling and demeaning some group of people. THAT is what you right wing turds do.
Tell us about all the gun owners who need to 'compensate' while they live their lives in fear of the govrnment and the black man.

Most everyone is being so partisan on this board it's easy to see how Congress gets nowhere.

Let's admit it, both sides are right and wrong. Entitlements have to be cut so they serve the truly disabled and aged. The rest should have the two year warning.

The rich do get tax breaks and subsidies because they have more accountants to find the loopholes and subsidies. If we are going to cut entitlements, the entitlements to the rich should go, too. When there are tax cheats, don't look the other way! Garnish their money, take it out of their accounts and put them in jail. Look out Sharpton!

Everyone should have the two year warning, things are gonna change!

Above all, hold our congresspeople accountable! They should have to follow every law that is imposed on the citizens. Audit their taxes every two years.

One time I wouldn't mind the government to hire more people, more judges and make more prisons is when they are going to find the real entitlement cheats and put them away. Rich and poor...they are a dredge on our society.

When a person makes over the limit for benefits, they lose all benefits completely.

Sounds like a good argument for cutting some TANF, WIC, and food stamps and replacing it with a higher EITC

Bern?

How many Americans are on WELFARE, do you really even know?

Forum List

Back