Greatest Speech of 21st Century: Meet Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
[ame=http://youtu.be/sDXeUhUpHYY]Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks at AIPAC - YouTube[/ame]

I do consider this the most important political speech of our time. Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks gives the speech of the century. Please listen to his message.

Last edited:
He's absolutely right, anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism. Not sure the speech is that great, though. I'm also skeptical of AIPAC's sincere commitment to Israel, Zionism, and the Jewish people.

VIVA ZIONISM!

He's absolutely right, anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism. Not sure the speech is that great, though. I'm also skeptical of AIPAC's sincere commitment to Israel, Zionism, and the Jewish people.

VIVA ZIONISM!

His speech is very well timed with important facts, humor, passion, I absolutely loved it. Did you watch it to the conclusion? I felt the end was magnificent. His delivery was superb. I cannot think of anyone else whose speech impressed me so. Who were you thinking of? Please share it!

- Jeri

An okay speech, but nowhere near great.

A speech is no greater than the content of its message and the passion of the person who believes in and delivers the message. Both are pure gold in my estimation.

He gets an A plus.

:clap2:

- Jeremiah

VIVA ZIONISM!

I'd like to hear your definition of what you consider a great speech. What would you define as the great speech?

VIVA ZIONISM!

I'd like to hear your definition of what you consider a great speech. What would you define as the great speech?

How about Reagan's speech at Normandy in 1984? Granted, it's different subject matter. As far as speeches about Israel and about Jews, let me find some good Kahane moments...

Lincoln's first inaugural address was a great speech.

We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

And, of course, his Gettysburg Address.

William Jennings Bryan's Cross of Gold speech was a great speech.

In fact, I think I will quote from the Cross of Gold speech right now just for fun, because it contains an interesting passage which demonstrates the "trickle down theory" is much older than many people believe:

There are two ideas of government. There are those who believe that if you just legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, that their prosperity will leak through on those below. The Democratic idea has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous their prosperity will find its way up and through every class that rests upon it.

You come to us and tell us that the great cities are in favor of the gold standard. I tell you that the great cities rest upon these broad and fertile prairies. Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic. But destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.

Powerful stuff.

Last edited:
If anti-Zionism=anti-Semitism, then opposing a Palestinian state= anti-Arabism.

No, because the "Palestinian" nationality is an artificial construct post-1967. All Arab identities associated with the Middle East associated with contemporary states are modern constructs, anyways, relating the division of territory post-WWI (read Bernard Lewis). The "Palestinians" are virtually indistinguishable from "Jordanians" or "Syrians". Arabs/Muslims have majorities in more countries than you can shake a stick at. Opposing the sole Jewish state on grounds of it being Jews is entirely anti-Semitic, especially considering we're actually a distinct nation as opposed to an artificial post-1967 political construct.

VIVA ZIONISM!

How about Reagan's speech at Normandy in 1984? Granted, it's different subject matter. As far as speeches about Israel and about Jews, let me find some good Kahane moments...

Good one. As for Rabbi Kahane? He was the best, may he R.I.P. A good friend of mine knew Rabbi Kahane very well. I consider him a great hero.

- Jeri

Another great speech:

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Obama's speech at the 2004 DNC was pretty cool.

Yeah, if you're into leftist platitudes that subtly evoke Marxism wrapped up as some new form of American patriotism.

There is no question Obama is an excellent speech maker. His delivery is good. The content of his message in 2004 speech resonated with his audience and he addressed what was important to his audience. I didn't vote for him but can he deliver a speech? Yes.

With regard to this speech, Israel is of the utmost importance and is also the stabilizing presence in the Middle East, on a scale of importance on subject material 0-10, a 10, on the scale of his putting his all into it, a 10. On the matter of stating the facts On the matter of his believing his own words, his passion and ability to communicate it well - a 10. He nailed it.

Another great speech:

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

has to be Clint Eastwood....

Forum List

Back