English

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Prime continues to show that it has one of the best collections of streaming series, although the number is small compared to Netflix. The series English is a good example. The basic plot is a woman, (Emily Blunt) seeks revenge on the man she sees as responsible for the death of her son. It takes place in the American west in the 19th century. It is violent and occasion very bloody. It is beautifully filmed and acted. This is a western, that feels a lot like 1883 so if you enjoyed that, you will probably like this one.

It starts off pretty slow so it does require a little patience. There's only 6 episodes but youā€™re in for a long ride and itā€™s a show that needs to be watched in itā€™s entirety so if youā€™re not going to finish it, donā€™t bother starting it.

Last edited:
Prime continues to show that it has one of the best collection of streaming series, although the number is small compared to Netflix. The series English is a good example. The basic plot is a woman seeks revenge on the man she sees as responsible for the death of her son. It takes place in the America west in the 19th century. It is violent and occasion very bloody. It is beautifully filmed and acted. This is a western, that feels a lot like 1883 so if you enjoyed that, you will probably like this one.

However, it starts off really slow so it requires a little patience; only 6 episodes but youā€™re in for a long ride and itā€™s a show that needs to be watched in itā€™s entirety so if youā€™re not going to finish it, donā€™t bother starting.

Iā€™m watching it too.

A European view of the Wild West. l wonder if was really as cruel and brutal as portrayed.

Filmed in Spain, btw.

Iā€™m watching it too.

A European view of the Wild West. l wonder if was really as cruel and brutal as portrayed.

Filmed in Spain, btw.
Yes and No. It was just as cruel and brutal but it typically occurred over a must longer period than a few hours. Also the type of cruelness was often natural, starvation, watching your children slowly die with no doctor, and the almost unbearable loneliness of the plains leading to insanity and/or suicide. The reality is just as cruel as the fiction, it's just not as entertaining.

You've already watched the entire series OP?
Yes. I had hoped for a better ending but any other ending would not have been realist. After the 3rd seasons, you have to watch carefully because there are some twists in the plot that you don't won't to miss. Anyway, I think it was a good series and worth watching.

Last edited:
I will give it another try on your recomendation.
I watched the first episode and thought it was a bit modish. Dark lighting and poor sound quality.

Im having some laser treatment on my eyes in a couple of week. I will wait till then.

Forum List

Back