Enemy of bad people? How easy is it to Deep Fake someones voice?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So, I place this here with good cause.

Doing my job (for as long as I am able to avoid their efforts to shaft me), I speak to many Americans and I have to repeat certain numbers, often large numbers. Often the people on the phone have me on speaker phone, sometimes it doesn't make sense that there would be multiple listeners, but often there are.

What caused my concern was that in about four circumstances thus far, the person spelled a confirmation number describing the letter Z as "zed". In all but one instance they caught themselves after and made some excuse as to why someone supposedly from the mid-West in America would use the term "zed", rather than "zee". They knew that I would be suspicious. One time I called the guy out essentially in a quizzical manner.

So, when dealing with so many calls a day and sometimes quoting large numbers (relatively speaking), how easy would it be with concerted effort to record my voice and Deep Fake something?

It I wasn't quoting numbers I wouldn't care about the threat. Knowing what I know, I have a reason for concern especially when I suspect that some current U.S agencies may not have the same commitment to country, Constitution or reputation as agencies (and Americans in general actually) of the past did. Therefore, they probably allow Canadian authorities to operate from U.S locations, or, help these agencies out themselves. A really bad precedent I might add, though that ship probably sailed long ago, no matter how noble they believe they are being, the reality is quite the contrary.

So, for those in the know, how easy would it be to Deep Fake my voice through splicing etc. and how easy would it be to detect if someone did?

Last edited:
What a load of paranoid nonsense . Another variation on the Me Me Me Saga .

Every English person speaks the letter Z as Zed.
See:-

The British and others pronounce “z”, “zed”, owing to the origin of the letter “z”, the Greek letter “Zeta”. This gave rise to the Old French “zede”, which resulted in the English “zed” around the 15th century.

That is , before the English invented modern white north american man -- a failed project unfortunately .

Do some DYOR before giving us more chapters of your " I am so hard done by " incredibly boring life story

What a load of paranoid nonsense . Another variation on the Me Me Me Saga .

Every English person speaks the letter Z as Zed.
See:-

The British and others pronounce “z”, “zed”, owing to the origin of the letter “z”, the Greek letter “Zeta”. This gave rise to the Old French “zede”, which resulted in the English “zed” around the 15th century.

That is , before the English invented modern white north american man -- a failed project unfortunately .

Do some DYOR before giving us more chapters of your " I am so hard done by " incredibly boring life story
Your entertainment value has disappeared. Americans call it "zee", I am dealing 99% with Americans. Only Canadians and Brits call it "zed" Certainly an apparant American living in OK isn't going to refer to it as zed..

Nice try.

Your entertainment value has disappeared. Americans call it "zee", I am dealing 99% with Americans. Only Canadians and Brits call it "zed" Certainly an apparant American living in OK isn't going to refer to it as zed..

Nice try.
America is no longer First World and Banana Republic is now routinely heard as its descriptor .
But regardless , why tell us about what second class cultural peoples do ?

By using us as your betters and as role models , you (US and Canada) might yet enjoy walking in the light . And not be treated as people with little sophistication aimlessly rapping but not thinking or speaking properly .

America is no longer First World and Banana Republic is now routinely heard as its descriptor .
But regardless , why tell us about what second class cultural peoples do ?

By using us as your betters and as role models , you (US and Canada) might yet enjoy walking in the light . And not be treated as people with little sophistication aimlessly rapping but not thinking or speaking properly .
Have you been into the Baileys already?

The manner in which you attempt to deflect raises more suspicion...

Forum List

Back