End of Days

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
I was torn as to whether to start this in the politics forum or the religious forums. After all, there is a thin line between religous fantacism and political fanaticism. Both adhere to an unproved set of beliefs that try and dictate to us how we live, which is why they tend to generate the most emotion when discussing them.

However, since one of the end of days scenarios seem to be playing out in our political landscape about every day now, I felt compelled to post this here.

It seems to me that pretty much everyone believes that the world is coming Which scenario to you fall under?

1. Secular Humanist. Man is destroying the world via climate change. Our collective salvation depends upon governments around the world joining forces to take draconian measures to save us all. Government will save us

2. Islam. Prophesy speaks of an Islamic Caliphate forming to bring us our collective salvation. Again, government will save us.

3. Christianity. Jesus returns and sets things right again. In fact, if he did not come, we would destroy ourselves. Only God can save us.

Did I leave any out? Does this account for pretty much everyone?

I was torn as to whether to start this in the politics forum or the religious forums. After all, there is a thin line between religous fantacism and political fanaticism. Both adhere to an unproved set of beliefs that try and dictate to us how we live, which is why they tend to generate the most emotion when discussing them.

However, since one of the end of days scenarios seem to be playing out in our political landscape about every day now, I felt compelled to post this here.

It seems to me that pretty much everyone believes that the world is coming Which scenario to you fall under?

1. Secular Humanist. Man is destroying the world via climate change. Our collective salvation depends upon governments around the world joining forces to take draconian measures to save us all. Government will save us

2. Islam. Prophesy speaks of an Islamic Caliphate forming to bring us our collective salvation. Again, government will save us.

3. Christianity. Jesus returns and sets things right again. In fact, if he did not come, we would destroy ourselves. Only God can save us.

sheeesh------you left out lots -----what happens to Buddhists, Taoists and communists?

Some say the world will end in Fire; Some say in Ice,
From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor Fire.
But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate,
To say that for destruction, Ice is also great!
And would suffice

- Frost

Some say the world will end in Fire; Some say in Ice,
From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor Fire.
But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate,
To say that for destruction, Ice is also great!
And would suffice

- Frost

two roads diverged in a yellow wood........
...... ........and miles to go before I sleep............

sheeesh------you left out lots -----what happens to Buddhists, Taoists and communists?

While I agree with you that he left out many folks and his world view is a bit limited . . . . secular humanists are communists. :lol:

While I agree with you that he left out many folks and his world view is a bit limited . . . . secular humanists are communists. :lol:

not all of them

For the 35th year in a row, the End of Days has arrived.

They need to get on board with the climate change alarmists

Climate talks are underway, but saving the world might be harder than we thought

Currently the governments of China and India are getting on board.

From the article:

"The view has been gathering support at least since 2009 when scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration concluded that “the climate change that is taking place because of increases in carbon dioxide concentration is largely irreversible for 1,000 years after emissions stop."

This frees up climate alarmists from every having to point to decreasing carbon emissions with any policies they impliment to "fix" increased levels of carbon in the atmosphere. They will never have to prove anything to us in regard to their policies working in any capacity. This means over a 1000 years of nagging people to stop producing so much carbon. Your car and house will never be small enough. Population levels will never be small enough. The economy will never shrink enough etc.

C. S. Lewis said it best.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience

From the article:

"Which explains why the issue is so sensitive for the big environmental groups and government agencies. The EPA website’s climate-change page discusses carbon capture from flue gas as one approach, but doesn’t mention ambient-air carbon removal. Most of the mainstream environmental organizations avoid discussing it. “We’re happy to see research on these approaches,” Hawkins says, “but they’re not the first order of business, which is to deploy the techniques we have today to reduce and eliminate emissions.” Lackner, for his part, considers that a head-in-the-sand position: “This is a disruptive technology in many ways,” he says, “so it’s hard to gain traction. Many in the environmental community are not aiming at solving the climate change problem as such, but stopping fossil fuels. They see any discussion about getting carbon out as a distraction from those goals. They hate the oil companies, so they don’t want carbon-neutral gasoline.” They want bicycles."

They want bicycles? Hilarious!

This pretty much says it all. Environmentalists are out to destroy the oil companines. Translated, the oil companies will pass down the higher costs to the consumer. These are degrowth fanatics who are not really interested in pursuing technology to "fix" their supposide problem. Instead, they just want to pursue degrowth policies in order to better control population levels.

Forum List

Back