End Medicare and Social Security now!

get rid of all our miitary other than the National guard and the nuke missile subs. Taht's all we need. save's a trillion $ a year. Give up the dope war and get rid of the illegals, save another trillion per year. Stop all foreign aid, all welfare, especially to corporations and farmers. If you aint provided for your own medcare and retirement, perish in an of your own void, as Nature intends.

I don't think the National Guard is all the military we need (besides nuke subs), but I agree that we can cut military spending by 1/3 to 1/2 and be fine.

I disagree that the gov't should be able to just ignore it's debts. Pay those off and then look at SSI going forward.

There are still plenty of options and fixes available to sustain and even improve Social Security.

Of course there are. More taxes, less benefit payouts. Because everyone deserves to get what they paid into it. It's called DOUBLETHINK.

Cut military spending and pay back the money that was "borrowed" from the SS fund.

People who talk about the SS fund being "borrowed" don't know what they are talking about.

Oh really? So you are saying that the money in that fund was not borrowed?

I'm saying that you don't know what you're talking about. I thought that was pretty clear when I said you don't know what you're talking about.

If repukes want to end SS I am fine as long as I get in cash what I paid in plus the interest accrued.

You'd rather keep SS going, continue paying it for several years, and then end up with nothing in the end?

If you didn't have it you'd wish you did..

That's the thing. In a few years, nobody will have it.
You never know and old geezer virus may wipe out the elderly in one swoop.

So your solution is to hope and pray that some kind of plague will kill off the majority of retirees. Why do liberals always want to kill people?
Is God a liberal?
I didn't know that.

Cut military spending and pay back the money that was "borrowed" from the SS fund.

People who talk about the SS fund being "borrowed" don't know what they are talking about.

Oh really? So you are saying that the money in that fund was not borrowed?

I'm saying that you don't know what you're talking about. I thought that was pretty clear when I said you don't know what you're talking about.

Nice answer. Pity you didn't answer the question I asked. Let me try again.

Are you saying the money in the SSI was not borrowed?

If you didn't have it you'd wish you did..

That's the thing. In a few years, nobody will have it.

Yes, they will. The benefits may change or the taxes will go up, but it'll be there. There's no politician alive today who will vote against keeping SSI going, one way or another.

So like I said, you want to tax more and pay out less benefits. Just make the black hole bigger.

I didn't say I wanted to do either one, but I can't imagine how they'll do it without both.

Are you looking to end the tax so you can afford to bleach yer teeth their whitest?

Pfft, I can do that for free. I want to end the tax because it's a black hole. Social Security won't exist in a few years. Most people who are "paying in" now will get nothing. The entire program was never viable and has always been built on borrowed time. Year after year our politicians waved Social Security as a rally banner, while kicking the problem down the road. The only thing anyone has managed to do is to drag out the death even longer. Keeping someone on life support for 30 years while brain dead isn't saving their life, it's just prolonging their death for an astronomical price tag. That's what's been happening with Social Security, and those problems are going to once again come home to roost. Pull the damn plug already.

Are you looking to end the tax so you can afford to bleach yer teeth their whitest?

Pfft, I can do that for free. I want to end the tax because it's a black hole. Social Security won't exist in a few years. Most people who are "paying in" now will get nothing. The entire program was never viable and has always been built on borrowed time. Year after year our politicians waved Social Security as a rally banner, while kicking the problem down the road. The only thing anyone has managed to do is to drag out the death even longer. Keeping someone on life support for 30 years while brain dead isn't saving their life, it's just prolonging their death for an astronomical price tag. That's what's been happening with Social Security, and those problems are going to once again come home to roost. Pull the damn plug already.
Well now I enjoy getting social security, we'll die off soon enough.

Forum List

Back