End Medicare and Social Security now!

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
The majority of us are paying into a black hole. Medicare and Social Security are going to be gone in a few years. Why should we be forced to continue paying the taxes on these programs for other people?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/health_care/government-medicare-will-become-insolvent-in-2026-three-years-earlier-than-expected-social-security-to-follow-in-2034/2018/06/05/cdd94844-68ec-11e8-a335-c4503d041eaf_story.html

I thought that many years ago. Let me opt out and you can keep what I had already contributed.

Friday I completed my application for SS benefits.
Do you know you can collect SS while still employed full time?

Liberals will, of course, insist on trying to drag out the misery. They'll want to tax more and provide lower benefits to keep them both solvent. And their reasoning will be that people paid into it so they need to pay even more into it and get even less out of it. It makes perfect sense.

If repukes want to end SS I am fine as long as I get in cash what I paid in plus the interest accrued.

Liberals will, of course, insist on trying to drag out the misery. They'll want to tax more and provide lower benefits to keep them both solvent. And their reasoning will be that people paid into it so they need to pay even more into it and get even less out of it. It makes perfect sense.
We have been hearing the dooms day prediction for over 70 years while hundreds of millions of Americans have been given the opportunity to live lives of dignity and a level of comfort in their older ages. The sky is not falling. There are still plenty of options and fixes available to sustain and even improve Social Security.

If repukes want to end SS I am fine as long as I get in cash what I paid in plus the interest accrued.

Sorry congress already spent all your money, its gone. I hear there's a filing cabinet full of worthless IOU's from congress where our money used to be stored.

You can only lie so many times before ppl stop believing you, Democrats

get rid of all our miitary other than the National guard and the nuke missile subs. Taht's all we need. save's a trillion $ a year. Give up the dope war and get rid of the illegals, save another trillion per year. Stop all foreign aid, all welfare, especially to corporations and farmers. If you aint provided for your own medcare and retirement, perish in an of your own void, as Nature intends.

some of your income will be removed from your SS check, tho, if your income is over some small amount, like 10k a year, until you're 72. Then you can make all you want.

Sorry congress already spent all your money, its gone. I hear there's a filing cabinet full of worthless IOU's from congress where our money used to be stored.

I hear China and Japan have the very same IOU's too. Since Social Security has run a surplus in every year since 1984 what would you have them do with the excess? Stash it under a mattress for a rainy day, or buy interests being bonds .......

I hear China and Japan have the very same IOU's too. Since Social Security has run a surplus in every year since 1984 what would you have them do with the excess? Stash it under a mattress for a rainy day, or buy interests being bonds .......

LMAO it was supposed to be held in trust to pay the baby boomer SS benefits. Since the stupid shits in congress spent all the money now they want to raise the retirement age so people die before they can collect a dime because they spent all OUR money and now they don't have enough.

The majority of us are paying into a black hole. Medicare and Social Security are going to be gone in a few years. Why should we be forced to continue paying the taxes on these programs for other people?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/health_care/government-medicare-will-become-insolvent-in-2026-three-years-earlier-than-expected-social-security-to-follow-in-2034/2018/06/05/cdd94844-68ec-11e8-a335-c4503d041eaf_story.html
This is as ignorant as it is reckless and irresponsible.

Yes, let's force a visually impaired 82 year old to go back to work full-time.

Clearly conservatives are truly this stupid.

Social security id's one of the greatest things this nation has done. Hope many millions of hard working retired people have used it to get by during their golden years.

Nope. I paid into it and I, at least, want my money back. Cut military spending and pay back the money that was "borrowed" from the SS fund.

some of your income will be removed from your SS check, tho, if your income is over some small amount, like 10k a year, until you're 72. Then you can make all you want.
Close, If you are collecting Social Security retirement benefits before full retirement age of 66, your benefits are reduced by $1 for every $2 you earn over the limit, $17,040 per year ($1,420 per month). Once you reach full retirement age, 66, there is no limit on the amount of money you may earn and still receive your full Social Security retirement benefit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back