Employers discriminate based on names of applicants.

Yeah, no shit having a stupid, fucked up name like Laquisha is going to reduce your chances of getting a good job. It just sounds ugly, sorry. For the love of God, don't give your kids one of those names. You don't have to name them Brittany or Jessica. You can use somewhat more exotic names like Danica or Natalya or Raina. People like beautiful-sounding or names they are familiar with, and Laquisha is both ugly as fuck and abnormal.

I wonder who gets to decide what "sounds beautiful" or not? I wonder if some people expect those applying for jobs to wear masks of the 'proper' background so as not to offend?

Some words simply sound ugly because of hard sounds. Like "kwi" or "kwa". Hard sounds at irregular places. It's jarring. Not that hard to figure out.

Depends on the listener.

Yeah, no shit having a stupid, fucked up name like Laquisha is going to reduce your chances of getting a good job. It just sounds ugly, sorry. For the love of God, don't give your kids one of those names. You don't have to name them Brittany or Jessica. You can use somewhat more exotic names like Danica or Natalya or Raina. People like beautiful-sounding or names they are familiar with, and Laquisha is both ugly as fuck and abnormal.

I wonder who gets to decide what "sounds beautiful" or not? I wonder if some people expect those applying for jobs to wear masks of the 'proper' background so as not to offend?

Some words simply sound ugly because of hard sounds. Like "kwi" or "kwa". Hard sounds at irregular places. It's jarring. Not that hard to figure out.

Depends on the listener.

Whatever you say. In America, those are definitely not the most attractive names around. You are not doing your child any favors by naming them something like that. If you (and not you specifically, but just in general) feel the overwhelming need to make some sort of futile statement, go ahead and reduce your child's chances in life. I don't give a rat's ass.

Depends on the listener.

Whatever you say. In America, those are definitely not the most attractive names around. .....

According to whom?

This is in response that makes the claim that liberal professors discriminate.

Employers, when looking at job applications are much more likely to hire a Greg or Ashley than a Lakisha or Jamaal even though they are all equally qualified for the position...in fact, having a "white" name instead of a "black" name is the approximate equivalent of 8 years of experience.

Employers' Replies to Racial Names

you should see the look on the guys face doing the hiring when Andy walks in and he is as black as coal.... :eusa_angel:
Today in Kroger the cashiers name was Quitesha or Quitonya. I wanted to find out where her ignorant parents live and go smack the taste out of their mouths. Lol. But seriously what the fuck were they thinking? I’m an employer. Who should I hire? The girl who’s name starts with quit?
Black parents don't exactly have a reputation for setting their children up for success. And that includes the moment they are born, and they give them some fucked up name.

We had a young woman profiled in our local paper the other day, and the thought struck me that her parents must have really hated her, even when she was born.

Her name was spelled "Jenafier" and pronounced just like "Jennifer". Imagine going through life having to spell your first name to every person who needs to know! My name has several spellings and I wish I could go back in time and figuratively smack my parents every time my name gets misspelled. It's the same way for my brother. Although I realize my parents had the same problems with their first names. Why didn't they learn the lesson?

Depends on the listener.

Whatever you say. In America, those are definitely not the most attractive names around. .....

According to whom?

Pretty much anyone. But like I said, believe what you want. I don't give a shit.

La-ah (La-dash-uh)
Pronounced 'La-Dash-Uh'

The name started popping up after 2007 and has been referred to several times on popular radio morning shows. "Tagline associated with this word is 'the dash don't be slient' referring of course to the proper pronunciation of the word.

This an example of "bullshit".

No one in the the United States had been named "La-dash-a". It's an urban legand.

This is an example of "white people" making shit up to feel superior.

I don't think that whites really can't talk about names. There are plenty of stupid white names. Like John for example. Who would name their kid after a toilet? So what I am really saying here is that we can make up any reason to talk abut names that people of different races have. A name should not stop a person from getting an opportunity.

I don't think that whites really can't talk about names. There are plenty of stupid white names. Like John for example. Who would name their kid after a toilet? So what I am really saying here is that we can make up any reason to talk abut names that people of different races have. A name should not stop a person from getting an opportunity.

Calling a toilet "the John" is a relatively new term when compared with the name John.
Naming your kid Laquisha is just plane stupid.

Depends on the listener.

According to whom?

Pretty much anyone. ,,,,.

It is a subjective judgment.

Do you think Pilot Inspektor, Sage Moonblood, or Memphis Eve will have a hard time getting interviews?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Employers, when looking at job applications are much more likely to hire a Greg or Ashley than a Lakisha or Jamaal even though they are all equally qualified for the position...in fact, having a "white" name instead of a "black" name is the approximate equivalent of 8 years of experience.

you should see the look on the guys face doing the hiring when Andy walks in and he is as black as coal.... :eusa_angel:
Today in Kroger the cashiers name was Quitesha or Quitonya. I wanted to find out where her ignorant parents live and go smack the taste out of their mouths. Lol. But seriously what the fuck were they thinking? I’m an employer. Who should I hire? The girl who’s name starts with quit?

So you had to bring up a 4 year old to tell us that?

What do you care what the girls name is at Kroger?

I don't get it?

Calling a toilet "the John" is a relatively new term when compared with the name John.

I can go to names like Ludwig, Billy Bob. Jimbo, Bobby Sue, Dabo, Forrest, Hugo, Ludmilla, Gertrude, Kellyanne, Morticia and many others. So again, you white people don't get to determine shit. You got just as many names that can be a called stupid as anyone else. Your asses ain't special or perfect because you're white.

I can go to names like Ludwig, Billy Bob. Jimbo, Bobby Sue, Dabo, Forrest, Hugo, Ludmilla, Gertrude, Kellyanne, Morticia and many others. So again, you white people don't get to determine shit. You got just as many names that can be a called stupid as anyone else. Your asses ain't special or perfect because you're white.

None of those names will guarantee their resume will be filed in the trash can.
The whole point is why would you give your child a name that is going to make things difficult for them?
It's almost like they want their children to fail.

I don't get it?
Why should I start a new thread about a subject that has already been started?

Why do I care? We discuss race issues here. One thing we’ve said to black people is stop naming your kids stupid names. It’s hurting your job prospects.

But what made me want to talk about it was her name started with Quit. What possible reason would her ignorant parents do that? Lequisha? Fine! But Quitisha? Talk about setting her up for failure. Now I hope to run into a Looserna or Idiotada or Stupidera one day.

I don't get it?
And I’m not saying blacks shouldn’t use black names. Just not fucked up ones. I tried to google to see if her name exists anywhere else and far as I can tell no names start with. ! Quit.

Do you think Pilot Inspektor, Sage Moonblood, or Memphis Eve will have a hard time getting interviews?
He’s white and rich and will go to great public schools.

Do you think black names aren’t at a disadvantage? Because studies show black names do have a harder time. Same resume from Tyron and John but John gets called back. Explain that

The whole point is why would you give your child a name that is going to make things difficult for them?

Black people, given the history of the United States, probably just shouldn’t have kids at all.

Black people, given the history of the United States, probably just shouldn’t have kids at all.

Sounds racist.

Forum List

Back