Employers discriminate based on names of applicants.

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Steelplate, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    This is in response that makes the claim that liberal professors discriminate.

Employers, when looking at job applications are much more likely to hire a Greg or Ashley than a Lakisha or Jamaal even though they are all equally qualified for the position...in fact, having a "white" name instead of a "black" name is the approximate equivalent of 8 years of experience.

Employers' Replies to Racial Names

2. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,647
    you should see the look on the guys face doing the hiring when Andy walks in and he is as black as coal.... :eusa_angel:

3. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Having a hippie name or a thug name might hinder someone... Can't see a defense contractor wanting to hire old 'Tree Hugger Jones' or a security firm wanting to hire 'World Peace Smith' or mall cop firm wanting to hire 'Chains McGee'

But I have been in numerous companies... and it don't matter if you are Jamal, Bambi, Jonah, Detlev, Latisha, or Jesus... it's how you perform in your interview.. how you speak.. how you show that you can perform the job... how your history has ben.. etc

4. Ariux

Ariux BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Given that MOST Afros are admitted to college under preferential treatment, that greatly devalues the diploma in an Afro's hands.

Further, if you hire someone with a retarded, racist Afro name they're more likely to be racial troublemakers than someone else.

5. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,680
    Pretty sure potential employers look at my resume and just assume I'm Black. In fact, I remember one Black guy who interviewed me had this look on his face like "Oh shit, how am I gonna' get out of this one?". Finally he just said that I was "overqualified" for the job.

But I doubt I was but oh well. :lol: