Emails lost during the Bush administration.

First off..there has been zero proof of any collusion with the White House. This more seems to be a result of Citizen's United, a profound example of Legislating from the Bench. Scalia and his conservative block ruled in favor of reversing 100 years of legislation geared to remove the corrupting influence of wealth on the political process.

Second..these PACs have been breaking the law since the 1950s, when IRS rules were unmoored from the law. The law says that these groups must EXCLUSIVELY participate in social welfare projects and cannot become involved politically.

Third? The targeting of the NAACP and Charlie Rangel by the IRS had more overtones of political payback then the "targeting" of tea party groups. Which, like liberal groups, were 'targeted' because their names seemed political. All of these groups got their status, which was illegal.

[MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION]

Meaning since YOU think they are breaking the law it would be ok IF it were found that Obama WAS involved in this, right?

[MENTION=40954]Antares[/MENTION]

Sorry but what?

It's already been established that the Tea Party groups were breaking the law.

IRC 501(c)(4) provides for exemption from federal income tax of civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopicm95.pdf

That's the federal law.

What do you suppose the penalty should be?

you posted the Law and stated the they were breaking it, you didn't "prove" anything.

Now, since you THINK you've PROVEN they were breaking the Law you'd cheer lead if Obama WAS directing this?

Meaning since YOU think they are breaking the law it would be ok IF it were found that Obama WAS involved in this, right?

Sorry but what?

IRC 501(c)(4) provides for exemption from federal income tax of civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopicm95.pdf

That's the federal law.

you posted the Law and stated the they were breaking it, you didn't "prove" anything.

Now, since you THINK you've PROVEN they were breaking the Law you'd cheer lead if Obama WAS directing this?

Well no.

I did.

They are breaking the law.

And if Obama is found to have been directing this, well, he should apologize.

You know.

Like this guy.

All better now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry but what?

That's the federal law.

Well no.

I did.

You know.

Like this guy.

All better now?

No, he should be impeached, like this guy.

$Dick.jpg

Any questions?

Wait, what?

Where was Issa? In fact..where were the Republicans?

EPSTEIN: Let me just finish the point. During the Bush administration, the Valerie Plame investigation, a contributor on this network came on to concede that 5 million emails may have been lost by the White House during the course of the U.S. attorney investigation, e-mails were misplaced, during the course of the torture memo investigation e-mails were lost. This isn't the first time this has happened. I think the question is, and the question for Cleta, is there any demonstration of any bad faith here? All of the administration ...

Dem Strategist on IRS Emails: Bush Admin Lost Emails All The Time | Video | RealClearPolitics

5 million? And from the WHITE HOUSE??? :eek:

And it happened MULTIPLE TIMES:

The Bush White House email controversy surfaced in 2007, during the controversy involving the dismissal of eight U.S. attorneys. Congressional requests for administration documents while investigating the dismissals of the U.S. attorneys required the Bush administration to reveal that not all internal White House emails were available, because they were sent via a non-government domain hosted on an email server not controlled by the federal government. Conducting governmental business in this manner is a possible violation of the Presidential Records Act of 1978, and the Hatch Act.[1] Over 5 million emails may have been lost or deleted.[2][3] Greg Palast claims to have come up with 500 of the Karl Rove lost emails, leading to damaging allegations.[4] In 2009, it was announced that as many as 22 million emails may have been deleted.[5]
Bush White House email controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wait, what? 22 million emails?

Why weren't your heads spinning then?

:eusa_shifty:

And why weren’t republicans demanding an investigation, as the Bush DOJ scandal was just as serious as the issues under investigation now, if not more so.

There is really only one real way liberals defend this and that is they love that it happened.

There is no way to defend this. The morons are the ones attempting to say there is no scandal. I wish they would just come out and say what they really think. That is they love the fact the Obama is using the IRS to target groups like the Tea Party.

Are they really trying to convince us they don't love that? I mean their futile attempts at trying to convince us that there is no scandal is pathetic.

How many of them actually believe there is no scandal and those emails really actually happened to just disappear right when there was an investigation being done.

The U.S. Archivist told lawmakers on today that the IRS “did not follow the law” when it failed to report the lost Lois Lerner’s emails, which could have included official documents.

During a House Oversight and Government Reform hearing David Ferriero stopped short of saying the tax-collecting agency “broke” the law, saying “I am not a lawyer.” But when pressed by Michigan Republican Tim Walberg about whether the IRS failure to inform the National Archives when it learned that two years of the former head of the tax exempt division’s email were lost, he said: “They did not follow the law.”

Federal Records Act requires agencies to “notify us when they realize that they have a problem” — meaning any time documents or official emails are intentionally destroyed or lost on accident, they’re supposed to know.

So that means they did clearly violate the Federal Records Act and there is no dispute.

Liberals in their pathetic attempts to obfuscate has not worked on me, that is for damn sure. They are nothing but pathetic hypocrites, and like I have said over and over again, they stand for nothing.

Last edited:

Well no.

I did.

You know.

Like this guy.

All better now?

No, he should be impeached, like this guy.

View attachment 30451

Any questions?

Yeah.

Where did you learn history?

Nixon wasn't impeached.

Here's another cool fact for you.

NO REPUBLICAN has ever been impeached.

None.

There is really only one real way liberals defend this and that is they love that it happened.

There is no way to defend this. The morons are the ones attempting to say there is no scandal. I wish they would just come out and say what they really think. That is they love the fact the Obama is using the IRS to target groups like the Tea Party.

Are they really trying to convince us they don't love that? I mean their futile attempts at trying to convince us that there is no scandal is pathetic.

How many of them actually believe there is no scandal and those emails really actually happened to just disappear right when there was an investigation being done.

The U.S. Archivist told lawmakers on today that the IRS “did not follow the law” when it failed to report the lost Lois Lerner’s emails, which could have included official documents.

During a House Oversight and Government Reform hearing David Ferriero stopped short of saying the tax-collecting agency “broke” the law, saying “I am not a lawyer.” But when pressed by Michigan Republican Tim Walberg about whether the IRS failure to inform the National Archives when it learned that two years of the former head of the tax exempt division’s email were lost, he said: “They did not follow the law.”

Federal Records Act requires agencies to “notify us when they realize that they have a problem” — meaning any time documents or official emails are intentionally destroyed or lost on accident, they’re supposed to know.

So that means they did clearly violate the Federal Records Act and there is no dispute.

Liberals in their pathetic attempts to obfuscate has not worked on me, that is for damn sure. They are nothing but pathetic hypocrites, and like I have said over and over again, they stand for nothing.

Actually the violated the federal law on 501 (4) status when they gave it to the Tea Party groups.

Don't seem so law and order..now..

Do ya?

:lol:

Bush Openly Confesses Torture Authorization, No Prosecutions for CIA Tape Destruction: Why We Care and Why Bush Should Worry | Center for Constitutional Rights

In his recently released memoir Decision Points, George W. Bush admitted that he enthusiastically authorized that certain detainees be waterboarded – or tortured, a crime under domestic and international law. When asked if he would authorize the torture of one detainee, former U.S. president Bush declared “Damn right!” The release of Bush’s memoir coincides with reports that no one will face criminal charges for the destruction of CIA videotapes which contained interrogations using waterboarding.

Then go prosecute him, grill him and find out what happened to all of those emails.

Now let's deal with Obama and his IRS mess shall we?

Emails were recovered..it's a fucking lie

From HuffPo:
Bush E-mails Found: 22 Million Missing E-mails From George W. Bush White House Recovered

I thought Republicans couldn't believe anything Huffington Post said.

Bush Openly Confesses Torture Authorization, No Prosecutions for CIA Tape Destruction: Why We Care and Why Bush Should Worry | Center for Constitutional Rights

In his recently released memoir Decision Points, George W. Bush admitted that he enthusiastically authorized that certain detainees be waterboarded – or tortured, a crime under domestic and international law. When asked if he would authorize the torture of one detainee, former U.S. president Bush declared “Damn right!” The release of Bush’s memoir coincides with reports that no one will face criminal charges for the destruction of CIA videotapes which contained interrogations using waterboarding.

Then go prosecute him, grill him and find out what happened to all of those emails.

Now let's deal with Obama and his IRS mess shall we?

Emails were recovered..it's a fucking lie

From HuffPo:
Bush E-mails Found: 22 Million Missing E-mails From George W. Bush White House Recovered

From your link:

October 2003 was the month that the Justice Department began gearing up its criminal investigation into who in the Bush administration leaked the identity of Plame, the wife of Bush administration war critic Joseph Wilson.

Hey Libberhoids - really. You want to bring up Reagan, Nixon, the Boogie Man and the Tooth Fairy? Focus on the issue -

Your BOY in the White House, you know, the fuck-up...

Well, the agency (IRS) under his direct control and the head of that agency that he appointed -

He "lost" a couple of hard-drives?

And there's no back-up of the e-mails?

And you are so fucking stupid you believe that?

You're more fucking dense than originally thought...

Ok, so because of Bush we should just let the IRS off the hook and never again question any Government...

We need to just let them WALK all over us while we continue to pay their Salaries

We should just go on anymore as they are our (masters) and sit down and shut up

we are now their SUBJECTS...enjoy it

Maybe if I conveniently "lose" my hard drive this year, the IRS will let me off the hook for the $20-something thousand I pay every year in taxes?

Wait, what?

Where was Issa? In fact..where were the Republicans?

EPSTEIN: Let me just finish the point. During the Bush administration, the Valerie Plame investigation, a contributor on this network came on to concede that 5 million emails may have been lost by the White House during the course of the U.S. attorney investigation, e-mails were misplaced, during the course of the torture memo investigation e-mails were lost. This isn't the first time this has happened. I think the question is, and the question for Cleta, is there any demonstration of any bad faith here? All of the administration ...

Dem Strategist on IRS Emails: Bush Admin Lost Emails All The Time | Video | RealClearPolitics

5 million? And from the WHITE HOUSE??? :eek:

And it happened MULTIPLE TIMES:

The Bush White House email controversy surfaced in 2007, during the controversy involving the dismissal of eight U.S. attorneys. Congressional requests for administration documents while investigating the dismissals of the U.S. attorneys required the Bush administration to reveal that not all internal White House emails were available, because they were sent via a non-government domain hosted on an email server not controlled by the federal government. Conducting governmental business in this manner is a possible violation of the Presidential Records Act of 1978, and the Hatch Act.[1] Over 5 million emails may have been lost or deleted.[2][3] Greg Palast claims to have come up with 500 of the Karl Rove lost emails, leading to damaging allegations.[4] In 2009, it was announced that as many as 22 million emails may have been deleted.[5]
Bush White House email controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wait, what? 22 million emails?

Why weren't your heads spinning then?

:eusa_shifty:

And why weren’t republicans demanding an investigation, as the Bush DOJ scandal was just as serious as the issues under investigation now, if not more so.

:lol::lol: Bill Clinton fired all 96 attorneys.. Where's the call to investigate him?? You libruls are truly insane.

Ok, so because of Bush we should just let the IRS off the hook and never again question any Government...

We need to just let them WALK all over us while we continue to pay their Salaries

We should just go on anymore as they are our (masters) and sit down and shut up

we are now their SUBJECTS...enjoy it

The purpose of this thread is rub your stupid faces in your incredible partisan hypocrisy. It is never OK to destroy evidence but because you guys gave Bush a free pass to repeatedly do it, it is now going to be a standard response to congressional partisan fishing expeditions and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Enjoy.

It is never OK to destroy evidence but because you guys gave Bush a free pass to repeatedly do it...

I have never given an elected official a free pass on wrongdoing. Who in this thread precisely did?

Why don't you focus on the current issue - numbnuts - i.e. Obama's IRS "losing" a couple of hard drives and what's wrong with that picture, vs. sucking his balls and ass, regardless of how wrong/fucked-up he is.

Thanks.

It is never OK to destroy evidence but because you guys gave Bush a free pass to repeatedly do it...

I have never given an elected official a free pass on wrongdoing. Who in this thread precisely did?

Why don't you focus on the current issue - numbnuts - i.e. Obama's IRS "losing" a couple of hard drives and what's wrong with that picture, vs. sucking his balls and ass, regardless of how wrong/fucked-up he is.

Thanks.

The current issue is that a McCarthyist political grand stander is trying like hell to justify all the millions wasted to make silly RW conspiracy theories true.

The current issue is that a McCarthyist political grand stander is trying like hell to justify all the millions wasted to make silly RW conspiracy theories true.

That doesn't make any sense, dunce. Put your tinfoil hat back on and sit in the corner.

Oh lord they are breaking out the McCarthysm cliche, who was vindicated btw.

Wow, libs are painful losers.

Forum List

Back