Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Getting Rid Of The Electoral College

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.

Last edited:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.
So you believe we should accept the opinion of Elizabeth Warren, the woman who lied about her ancestry for decades?

I agree. I always thought america was a democracy...but when Bush Jr got elected we the citizens of the world were shocked. And that's when we found about the electoral college. It really gives the power to the crazy minority and that's why we have trump and his crazies....the US should join the democratic countries and abolish the EC.

Last edited:
Yes let's have Mexifornia elect Democratic Presidents for the next 50 years. That is the Liberal wet dream of abolishing the E.C.
Why are you against the rule of the majority ?
We used that method in the Senate, Congress supreme court the X factor you name it.
And btw California is the biggest economy and best state of the union, Alabama, Mississippi, north Dakota, etc....are is less states.

So you believe we should accept the opinion of Elizabeth Warren, the woman who lied about her ancestry for decades?

You are such a dick and always do this. "So you say" "So you think" "So what you mean" "So you believe"

At least read the OP link before you attack.

You are such a dick and always do this. "So you say" "So you think" "So what you mean" "So you believe"

Everything leftwingers say has to be translated into English.

Everything leftwingers say has to be translated into English.
I wouldn't know. Ask them.

"Everything bripat says has to be translated into Common Fucking Sense. "

Should be a USMB requirement before posting on the boards. You know, like getting a license to prescribe meds for mental patients.

LOL.

Yeah Warren tells a stupid lie that no one in their right mind gives a shit about (like anyone - other then a Native American - is going to vote for her because she said she was one, small part Native...riiiiiiiiight).

Trump tells lie after lie, false claim after false claim - as President - and you don't even give a shit.

Trump Lies
Opinion | President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List
Trump Lies
Donald Trump's file
Lyin' Donald: 101 Of Trump's Greatest Lies
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/maryanngeorgantopoulos/president-trump-lie-list
All of Donald Trump's Lies
Donald Trump’s Huge Lies | National Review
President Trump Made 1,950 Untrue Claims in 2017
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/?utm_term=.f4905394f18c

Talk about hypocrisy.

You just have a ridiculously-intense hatred for anyone who does not think like you do politically.

And you have - IMO - near-ZERO cred with anyone who is not a Trumpbot on such matters.

Hell, I don't even give a shit about Warren and I think she is far, too extremist (like Sanders) to be good for America as POTUS. But her one, silly lie is FUCKING NOTHING compared to the falsehoods Trump unfurls on a weekly basis.
And yet, you seem blind to them all.

You are simply pathetic....worthy of pity. You are either monumentally stupid and/or monumentally delusional about Trump.

Have a nice day.

From the OP:

In the Electoral College system, each state has as many electors as it has representatives and senators in Congress, which gives a slight advantage to states with smaller populations. Most states require that all electoral votes go to the candidate who wins the popular vote in that state.

Warren’s comments came just days after Colorado joined 11 other states and the District of Columbia in challenging the Electoral College’s power. Members of the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact plan to allocate their electoral votes to the next presidential candidate who wins the nationwide popular vote.

The plan only works if the law is passed by states representing at least 270 Electoral College votes, the number needed to win the presidential race. That number is at 181 after Colorado signed the measure into law Friday.

You’re a Trump worshipper and you’re calling out another Presidential candidate for lying? Really?

Eliminate the Electoral College and disenfranchise 5/8th of the nation's voters.

Sounds like the Democrats have finally come up with a way to win back the White House.
Why should a vote in Montana be worth more than a vote in Pennsylvania?

I agree. I always thought america was a democracy...but when Bush Jr got elected we the citizens of the world were shocked. And that's when we found about the electoral college. It really gives the power to the crazy minority and that's why we have trump and his crazies....the US should join the democratic countries and abolish the EC.
The US has never been a Democracy. I bet you think we can just end the Electoral College by some vote by people like yourself ?

Forum List

Back