Elizabeth Edwards

Quite a dignified woman. My prayers are with her and her family.

And may he get what he deserves in this life and the next.

Elizabeth Edwards dies of cancer at 61 | Elizabeth Edwards succumbs in her long battle with breast cancer after her family announced the disease had spread | abc11.com

Before her death, Edwards posted the following message to friends on her Facebook page:

You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And, yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn’t possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel to everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know.

Last edited:
Elizabeth Edwards dies of cancer at 61 | Elizabeth Edwards succumbs in her long battle with breast cancer after her family announced the disease had spread | abc11.com

Before her death, Edwards posted the following message to friends on her Facebook page:

You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And, yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn’t possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel to everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know.

So sad. :( And so quick...meaning they just put out yesterday that she wasn't having any more treatment. (and least that is what I think).

Hopefully a part of her soul will linger and haunt John for the rest of his disgusting life.

Elizabeth Edwards died Dec. 7 after stopping cancer treatments the day before. Patricia Sullivan memoralized her:

Ms. Edwards had been a lawyer and formidable force in the political rise of her husband, who went from being a one-term U.S. senator from North Carolina to the Democratic vice presidential candidate in 2004 to a presidential candidate in the 2008 Democratic primaries. She separated from him in January.

Describing herself as the "anti-Barbie" for her real-woman figure and her serious intellect, Ms. Edwards's public stature was greatly defined by how she coped with cancer. She talked about it, wrote about it and managed the conversation in much the same way she managed her husband's political career.
Elizabeth Edwards dies; lived her pain on a public stage

Then that prick John Edwards cheated on her while she was dying and fathered another child. Gotta love it.

Has the Breck Girl made any statements?

Remember when I first saw him on the Dem ticket with John Kerry in 2004 - thinking (even before some of the later stuff came out) - this is the phoniest smuck in national politics I have ever seen........................

Forum List

Back