Elisabeth Warren To Speak at Democrat Convention? Are they crazy?

It is a good speech that appeals to working Americans. They get it.....why don't conservatives. All they have to offer the middle class is the never ending promise of trickle down.

Just wait....that trickle down will start any day now

Dude I'm a working american and I don't even make 50k/year and her speech totally turned me off after 50 seconds, loses me HARDCORE. That rhetoric really really turns me off as those people are the ones who give me my job and pay taxes for all that stuff just like everyone else does...in fact they pay more. @ 50 seconds she totally loses me.

Prior to 50 seconds i'm saying "I like htis lady" but after that time in the video i'm saying "hell no we don't need soimeone who thinks like that in the senate"

I wouldn't classify myself as a conservative though, i'm against the patriot act and for gay marriage amongst other things. You could maybe call me a libertarian but even that doesn't really fit, its closest though.

Warren is right..

Our debt sprang from a $2 trillion tax cut, $2 trillion for wars and $1 trillion unfunded Medicaid Part D.

Her response to class warfare accusations is spot on. Companies DO benefit from being part of our society and asking them to kick in is not class warfare

Should be a great speech at the convention. I can see why Republicans hate her

And I do agree with the fact that all those things have been adding to the national debt, that it is bad, and that we need to pay for what we spend and not keep borrowing. I disagree with her that we should do so by increasing taxes and instead think we should do it by shrinking the size of the govt, cutting back on entitlements, bringing public sector compensation in-line with their private sector counter parts, reducing our presence overseas, and cutting our foreign aid to the majority of nations (especially ones like china who don't need it).

Blaming "the rich" for this problem is dishonest as the blame lies with congress and president's bush and obama (ok ok all those people are rich but you know what i mean). When she goes down that road she completely turns me off and loses all support.

These companies she goes after pay more in total tax dollars than the vast majority of citizens so they aren't getting rich off the back of the taxpayer, they are also a taxpayer. This is what bothers me about her argument, it just has a ring of dishonesty to it. (yeah i know some companies like GE that outsource and still end up getting crazy tax breaks for things like green energy and pay nothing in the end. I don't think they should be able to do this)

The roads, police, bridges, schools all are paid for by everyone...including the rich/companies whom she goes after as if they don't also pay...plus the people who provide the services aren't slaves, they are well compensated (compared to your average income of a non-govt worker anyway).

Last edited:
Typical response when discussing pollution. It is cheaper to dump my waste in the river ........if you make me pay for disposal, it will drive up prices and I will have to lay off workers

Pollution? I thought we were talking about Warren speaking at the Democratic Convention...oh wait I guess we are still on the same subject.

She will probably bring up Republican policies destroying the environment

Drill baby drill, Global Warming is a myth

she will probably bring up my lunch, if i'm unlucky enough to have to hear her.

Dude I'm a working american and I don't even make 50k/year and her speech totally turned me off after 50 seconds, loses me HARDCORE. That rhetoric really really turns me off as those people are the ones who give me my job and pay taxes for all that stuff just like everyone else does...in fact they pay more. @ 50 seconds she totally loses me.

Prior to 50 seconds i'm saying "I like htis lady" but after that time in the video i'm saying "hell no we don't need soimeone who thinks like that in the senate"

I wouldn't classify myself as a conservative though, i'm against the patriot act and for gay marriage amongst other things. You could maybe call me a libertarian but even that doesn't really fit, its closest though.

Warren is right..

Our debt sprang from a $2 trillion tax cut, $2 trillion for wars and $1 trillion unfunded Medicaid Part D.

Her response to class warfare accusations is spot on. Companies DO benefit from being part of our society and asking them to kick in is not class warfare

And I do agree with her that how all those things have been adding tou tre national debt and that we either need to pay for what we spend and not keep borrowing.

However blaming "the rich" for this problem is dishonest as the blame lies with congress and president's bush and obama (ok ok all those people are rich but you know what i mean). When she goes down that road she completely turns me off and loses all support.

These companies she goes after pay more in total tax dollars (yeah i know some companies like GE who outsource end up getting crazy tax breaks for things like green energy and pay nothing, i don't think they should be able to do this) than the vast majority of citizens so they aren't getting rich off the back of the taxpayer, they are also a taxpayer. This is what bothers me about her argument, it just has a ring of dishonesty to it.

The roads, police, bridges, schools all are paid for by everyone...including the rich/companies whom she goes after as if they don't also pay...plus the people who provide the services aren't slaves, they are well compensated (compared to your average income of a non-govt worker anyway).

Why is it so hard that it isn't the governments money but MINE you people don't understand? Spending causes debt lower taxes dont.

Last edited:
Warren is right..

If this was true, why do liberals like the super complicated tax structure? Why not make it simpler and then raise it, if neccessary, but they raise taxes, then put in loopholes for their friends.....it's all a scam

Flat tax is a scam to raise taxes on the working poor and decrease taxes on the super rich

There is no other way to implement it

Actually you are wrong. They could make it a specific level and then say that EVERY american's first $30,000 in income is tax free.

BAM problem solved.

Warren is right..

And I do agree with the fact that all those things have been adding to the national debt, that it is bad, and that we need to pay for what we spend and not keep borrowing. I disagree with her that we should do so by increasing taxes and instead think we should do it by shrinking the size of the govt, cutting back on entitlements, bringing public sector compensation in-line with their private sector counter parts, reducing our presence overseas, and cutting our foreign aid to the majority of nations (especially ones like china who don't need it).

Blaming "the rich" for this problem is dishonest as the blame lies with congress and president's bush and obama (ok ok all those people are rich but you know what i mean). When she goes down that road she completely turns me off and loses all support.

These companies she goes after pay more in total tax dollars than the vast majority of citizens so they aren't getting rich off the back of the taxpayer, they are also a taxpayer. This is what bothers me about her argument, it just has a ring of dishonesty to it. (yeah i know some companies like GE that outsource and still end up getting crazy tax breaks for things like green energy and pay nothing in the end. I don't think they should be able to do this)

I did not see where she blamed the rich

She pointed out that they benefit from society and should not be exempt from contributing to it. She was talking about bogus class warfare claims from the right

Do you really think Govt workers get paid more than the private sector? I never saw it

If this was true, why do liberals like the super complicated tax structure? Why not make it simpler and then raise it, if neccessary, but they raise taxes, then put in loopholes for their friends.....it's all a scam

Flat tax is a scam to raise taxes on the working poor and decrease taxes on the super rich

Actually you are wrong. They could make it a specific level and then say that EVERY american's first $30,000 in income is tax free.

BAM problem solved.

Then don't we get into that 50% of people don't pay taxes nonsense? I see no way that a flat tax that lowers the tax rate of mega millionaires from 29% to 15% is not a boondoggle for the rich.

Warren is an attack dog on Conservative principles. She will be able to say things that Obama can't. She serves a vital purpose at the convention and the national exposure helps her profile in Massachusetts

I like Warren speaking, she is a proven liar and will say a lot of stupid stuff. I can't wait to listen to her.

Warren will be up there to attack the conservative platform of tax cuts for the rich, repealing Obamacare, unlimited drilling, destroying Medicare and Social Security
She is quite good at it from what I have seen.
So she's going to spend some time lying.

BAM problem solved.

Then don't we get into that 50% of people don't pay taxes nonsense? I see no way that a flat tax that lowers the tax rate of mega millionaires from 29% to 15% is not a boondoggle for the rich.
Consumption tax. Problem solved. A flat consumption tax if you will... :D

It's not trickle up environmental costs...it's making companies pay the true price of what they dump into the environment.

Factories used to just dump their waste into the river. They made more money that way, the profit margin was huge.........but someone else was paying the price for their cheap production methods

Yeah I dont think so....Noone is for pollution, but that's not what liberals are after....ethanol gas was a failure and drove up food prices...for what? And when companies pay a cost, what happens?

Typical response when discussing pollution. It is cheaper to dump my waste in the river ........if you make me pay for disposal, it will drive up prices and I will have to lay off workers
You're right. Business owners want to kill all their customers. That will maximize profits.

BAM problem solved.

Dude, really??? People need to pay for their government, flat tax it, it's not that hard.....then when you need to raise taxes, you have to tell EVERYBODY why.....that would be a fun conversation, and that's why liberals want no part of it...they cant pit two groups against each other then.....
But you would also remove deductions, you want that right? I hear liberals saying Romney is paying 13%, so a flat tax at 15% with no deductions is more, is it not?

I like Warren speaking, she is a proven liar and will say a lot of stupid stuff. I can't wait to listen to her.

Warren will be up there to attack the conservative platform of tax cuts for the rich, repealing Obamacare, unlimited drilling, destroying Medicare and Social Security

Warren is going to spell out in specific terms what an America under Republican rule would mean.
Increased taxes on working Americans
Decreased taxes on the wealthy
Slashes in College grants
Gutting of Medicaid and Social Security
35 million Americans without health insurance

Notice who is making the sacrifices and who is better off?

That is why Conservatives fear Warren

It's not trickle up environmental costs...it's making companies pay the true price of what they dump into the environment.

Factories used to just dump their waste into the river. They made more money that way, the profit margin was huge.........but someone else was paying the price for their cheap production methods

Yeah I dont think so....Noone is for pollution, but that's not what liberals are after....ethanol gas was a failure and drove up food prices...for what? And when companies pay a cost, what happens?

No you have to show a benefit, that's where liberals fail.....people would recycle if there was benefit to them.....Think of it how democrats run campaigns, they're always talking about something, candidate x will do for you personally (FULL OF SHIT, but they still say it).....so you have to get people to buy in...and they have to have a reason,. Pollution in the river has been done, becasue people dont want it....but it's tangible.....so make recycling tangible, how? I dont know...until then, people will not give a shit.
And the reason you do that, is because we ultimately pay for it, not the corporations, they pass the cost on to us. If you dont believe me, who pays sales tax? Who pays payroll tax? The companies depostit them, but it costs you, the average joe, not them.

Last edited:

Warren is going to spell out in specific terms what an America under Republican rule would mean.

We dont fear her, we laugh at her and how she is a "minority" Did she get this gig through Affirmative Action*snicker*?

So she's reading liberal talking points....how original....

35 million, I thought it was 40 million....do liberals just pick a number any number?

Medicadi and Social Security need revamped, do you not agree?

Taxes, I'm not wealthy and I pay taxes, people gotta contribute, do they not?
Remove tax loopholes, good luck on getting democrats to do that

College grants, lets revamp the text book scam and put some caps on tuition increases, ok with that?

No you have to show a benefit, that's where liberals fail.....people would recycle if there was benefit to them.....Think of it how democrats run campaigns, they're always talking about something, candidate x will do for you personally (FULL OF SHIT, but they still say it).....so you have to get people to buy in...and they have to have a reason,. Pollution in the river has been done, becasue people dont want it....but it's tangible.....so make recycling tangible, how? I dont know...until then, people will not give a shit.
And the reason you do that, is because we ultimately pay for it, not the corporations, they pass the cost on to us. If you dont believe me, who pays sales tax? Who pays payroll tax? The companies depostit them, but it costs you, the average joe, not them.

Being a slob is always easy. It is easy to take the path of least resistance. Does it cost more? Sure it does
But you save over the long run. You can keep dumping crap into the air and pass on the savings over the short term. In the long term ....the bill will come due

I have no reason to fear liars.

You can eagerly swallow her bullshit all you like. Just don't tell me it's yummy.

This UNELECTED person (warren) had a hand in this administration pushing another Government agency off on us people...

when will you wake up?

BAM problem solved.

People who want to cry about NO AMERICAN if they make 50,000; 10,000; or 10,000,000 per year paying taxes on the first 30,000 can just suck it up.

Who said 15%? I was thinking it would come in around 25% to cover everything considering no american, regardless of income level, would pay taxes on their first 30,000.

The problem you initially brought up is still solved. My way doesn't raise taxes on the poor at all.

Warren is right..

She pointed out that they benefit from society and should not be exempt from contributing to it. She was talking about bogus class warfare claims from the right

Do you really think Govt workers get paid more than the private sector? I never saw it

But the rich do contribute and as a total dollar amount they pay more than someone like me who makes under 6 figures. They aren't exempt at all and the fact that she acts like they are in her rheotric has that dishonest ring which really bothers me.

Overall govt workers total compensation package is greater than private sector workers...on average for both. Don't forget about benefits ;).

Working in America: Public vs. Private Sector - ABC News <---only talking salary, not benefits such as sick days, vacation, and medical benefits which make the difference larger

Another graph with just salaries

private-vs-public-sector-pay-graph-since-1980-show-public-increases.jpg

Federal pay ahead of private industry - USATODAY.com

BAM problem solved.

Dude, really??? People need to pay for their government, flat tax it, it's not that hard.....then when you need to raise taxes, you have to tell EVERYBODY why.....that would be a fun conversation, and that's why liberals want no part of it...they cant pit two groups against each other then.....
But you would also remove deductions, you want that right? I hear liberals saying Romney is paying 13%, so a flat tax at 15% with no deductions is more, is it not?

^ that was pretty good, I admit i'm smiling here :)

But the rich do contribute and as a total dollar amount they pay more than someone like me who makes under 6 figures. They aren't exempt at all and the fact that she acts like they are in her rheotric has that dishonest ring which really bothers me.

Overall govt workers total compensation package is greater than private sector workers...on average for both. Don't forget about benefits ;).

Working in America: Public vs. Private Sector - ABC News <---only talking salary, not benefits such as sick days, vacation, and medical benefits which make the difference larger

Another graph with just salaries

private-vs-public-sector-pay-graph-since-1980-show-public-increases.jpg

Federal pay ahead of private industry - USATODAY.com

Government salary comparisons always leave out the apples to apples comparisons. By law, government had to shed jobs that were lower paying and could be performed by the private sector. It was part of Conservative "is it in the yellow pages" mandate. That is why average salary is deceptive
Compare what a Govt lawyer makes compared to the private sector
Compare what a Govt executive makes compared to the private sector
Compare what a Govt accountant makes compared to the private sector

Govt always pays less

Notice how your graph was close until 1980? That was when Reagan forced the government to contract out lower skilled jobs. Didnt mean Govt workers started getting paid more, only that they shed the lower skilled jobs

Last edited:

Forum List

Back