Elisabeth Warren To Speak at Democrat Convention? Are they crazy?

Warren is the perfect fit for the circus Democrat Convention...she can go as a clown

I did not see where she blamed the rich

She pointed out that they benefit from society and should not be exempt from contributing to it. She was talking about bogus class warfare claims from the right

Do you really think Govt workers get paid more than the private sector? I never saw it

But the rich do contribute and as a total dollar amount they pay more than someone like me who makes under 6 figures. They aren't exempt at all and the fact that she acts like they are in her rheotric has that dishonest ring which really bothers me.

Overall govt workers total compensation package is greater than private sector workers...on average for both. Don't forget about benefits ;).

Working in America: Public vs. Private Sector - ABC News <---only talking salary, not benefits such as sick days, vacation, and medical benefits which make the difference larger

Another graph with just salaries

private-vs-public-sector-pay-graph-since-1980-show-public-increases.jpg

Federal pay ahead of private industry - USATODAY.com

Government salary comparisons always leave out the apples to apples comparisons. By law, government had to shed jobs that were lower paying and could be performed by the private sector. It was part of Conservative "is it in the yellow pages" mandate. That is why average salary is deceptive
Compare what a Govt lawyer makes compared to the private sector
Compare what a Govt executive makes compared to the private sector
Compare what a Govt accountant makes compared to the private sector

Govt always pays less

Notice how your graph was close until 1980? That was when Reagan forced the government to contract out lower skilled jobs. Didnt mean Govt workers started getting paid more, only that they shed the lower skilled jobs

The only problem is the other link right under the graph in the thread goes against your claims here.

Once you click the article and read it you will see this data linked within the article http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-03-04-federal-pay_N.htm#chart

But the rich do contribute and as a total dollar amount they pay more than someone like me who makes under 6 figures. They aren't exempt at all and the fact that she acts like they are in her rheotric has that dishonest ring which really bothers me.

Overall govt workers total compensation package is greater than private sector workers...on average for both. Don't forget about benefits ;).

Working in America: Public vs. Private Sector - ABC News <---only talking salary, not benefits such as sick days, vacation, and medical benefits which make the difference larger

Another graph with just salaries

private-vs-public-sector-pay-graph-since-1980-show-public-increases.jpg

Government salary comparisons always leave out the apples to apples comparisons. By law, government had to shed jobs that were lower paying and could be performed by the private sector. It was part of Conservative "is it in the yellow pages" mandate. That is why average salary is deceptive
Compare what a Govt lawyer makes compared to the private sector
Compare what a Govt executive makes compared to the private sector
Compare what a Govt accountant makes compared to the private sector

Govt always pays less

Notice how your graph was close until 1980? That was when Reagan forced the government to contract out lower skilled jobs. Didnt mean Govt workers started getting paid more, only that they shed the lower skilled jobs

The only problem is the other link right under the graph in the thread goes against your claims here.

Once you click the article and read it you will see this data linked within the article Federal pay ahead of private industry - USATODAY.com

Good stuff...

Blew me out of the water

Someone should velcro her hands to the podium when she speaks so that she won't be causing epileptic seizures across America with her wild arms/hands during speaking.

Forum List

Back