Eliminating Diversity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by code1211, Sep 29, 2011.

1. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845
    Reading an editorial, I came across an interesting thought.

The writer said that the American Liberal is interested in diversity in many things, but not in thought. They cannot stand the idea of people who think indepedantly.

What say you, Liberals? Is your Holier Than Thou attitude keeping you from accepting those who have a different set of goals, ideas and plans than you do?

Why do Liberals constantly campaign to change those around them? This seems about as intrusive and oppressive as any activiy can be.

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,201
    Ive always prefered unity to diversity.

3. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    You and the author of the op-ed not cited are confusing independent thought with dogma.

Liberals embrace independent thought and celebrate it. Conservative dogma they reject, however – such as the fallacy that a majority on welfare use drugs.

Conservatives are entitled to believe in their dogma, of course, but they have no cause to become angry when liberals confront conservative dogma with facts.

4. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +3,850
    I guess you missed this thread,,,,,,

Why "Moderates" can kiss my ass

According to many who felt this way who posted in that thread, Independents were also the problem. Independent thinking was being wishy-washy; etc.
    I'd say that those who so deeply entrench in their ideology, which would be basically folks from the far left and far right, have no room for the diversity thought process.

5. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    So what you're saying is that conservatives are open-minded people who are willing to give liberal ideas a try? You're talking about the GOP, right? The same GOP who has said 'no' to absolutely everything Obama and Dems have proposed? The same GOP whose base thinks uninsured sick people should die before getting assistance; whose base cheered the death penalty; whose base booed a gay US soldier? The same GOP who wants to see DADT reinstated? Those conservatives? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

6. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

No. I'm talking about Conservatives.

By definition, anybody in a political party is trying to dominate the thinking and the doing of others.

I don't give a second thought to what other people are doing as long as they don't try to make me suppoort them and as long as they stay out of my life.

A Liberal, on the other hand, if he sees me smoking must try to make me stop. Wants to force me to wear a seat belt or helmet when he feels it is appropriate for me to do so.

A Liberal wants to take my money because he feels that he can spend it more wisely than I. A Liberal needs to regulate what I eat, drink, see, believe and think. If I want to sing a Christmas carol, I cannot because a Liberal thinks that I may offend someone.

Liberals by definition are control freaks who cannot abide the idea that there are equally valid lifestyles and activities and belief systems that exist outside the bounds of politically correct, pastuerized society. Any thought that strays from their preordained version of the TRUTH and the RIGHT is condemned.

You did so above.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,623
    another myopic troll thread

8. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,623
    and no conservatives have ever wanted to control society and stop smoking? More myopic thoughts.

9. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,827
    You really have to wonder about the liberal interpretation of "dogma". According to liberals any difference of political opinion can be dismissed or even cancelled if you call it "dogma" and give it a religious slant. The dirty little secret is that radical lefties are the most intollerent minority in society.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Not sure about the Most intolerant, but they definitely can be pretty intolerant. You are correct the have a habit of simply Labeling everything anyone says they do not agree with as Dogma, and they do seem to almost wish people who did not agree with them, we not allowed to have opinions at all.