Electric Vehicle sales are sucking!!!

\

Older than the Gasoline powered car, in fact.

The first automobiles were electric. What plagued them was the battery technology that kept electric cars as a small niche

Batteries are getting better as is charging technology and weight. For the first time in history, electric vehicles are feasible. That is what has conservatives in an uproar and why we get threads like this trying to protect big oil
Protecting Big Oil? You do realize that Big Oil profits more, from stuff like building more, and if you build more heavy stuff, like Batteries it takes more Big Oil to produce the HydroCarbons that go into all things. So when you speak of building, "more". You speak of increasing consumption.

Batteries will be charged with energy from what? Solar that will require more Big Oil to build?

Wind Turbines which requires massive amounts of HydroCarbons.

Yes increase the use of HydroCarbons while claiming Big Oil will suffer.

Big Oil profits from building Bigger Solar and Bigger Wind Power.

How many Priuses (Prius?) did you see on the road yesterday? A dozen? A hundred? I travel through some rather upscale communities and I'm seeing 5-10 Teslas every day. There are about 245 people in the office I go to most days and there are at least a half dozen Prius, two Nissan Leafs and another half dozen hybrid vehicles from the big three. And is this an office full of Republicans.

The "electric must fail" crowd crow at each percieved failure. But there is no question that electric vehicles have carved out a portion of the market.
The big oil crowd will continue to crow that internal combustion is KING....but they are slowly losing market

How are they losing market? ICE vehicles are becoming better and better. People keep them for a long time now because they CAN. The car makers realized they needed to build a better product so they sell less because they build better.

Electric vehicles now have a market share, much to the chagrin of the fossil fuel crowd. Like it or not, they are becoming a viable alternative

Why do you take it so personally?
dude, if they sold over ten they have a market share. It is watching the percentage of market share gained over year. do you have that figure?

Teslas are bling for the limo-liberal extreme lift.

Nothing more.

Tesla could make more money making little gold or platinum miniatures that can be worn like jewelery. So long as they cost as much as an actual vehicle the left would lap them up.

How many Priuses (Prius?) did you see on the road yesterday? A dozen? A hundred? I travel through some rather upscale communities and I'm seeing 5-10 Teslas every day. There are about 245 people in the office I go to most days and there are at least a half dozen Prius, two Nissan Leafs and another half dozen hybrid vehicles from the big three. And is this an office full of Republicans.
I see Prius' all over the place, haven't seen a Tesla yet. Again, it is amazing how only lefty warmers see these things. I see many minicoopers, many. I also see very many SUVs, they're all over the place. Honda, Hundai, VW, Nissan, Ford, Buick, Chevy, not many Dodge anymore, those mostly vans. But tesla, naw.

I live and work in Palm Beach County. I suspect the areas I travel through (not the specific area in which I live) have a higher average income than yours. Within less than one mile of my office there are dealerships for Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston-Martin, Jaguar, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Mercedes and BMW. There are also Hyundai, Dodge, Chevrolet and Smart Cars, so there you go.

I saw my first Tesla several months back - it might actually be over a year - and now see several every day.

They're not wackjob Republicans that spend their day rimming the Koch Brothers.

Car and Driver Magazine isn't even sure Tesla will stay in business.

Like I always say, "costs" matter to most people.......but not to the bubble dweller fantasy living AGW k00ks >>>>

It will be interesting to see if Tesla turns a profit at those prices. The Model S is a clean-sheet design that required far more investment than its first car, the Roadster, which was based on the Lotus Elise and cost well over $100,000 but still lost money. Not that we own any Tesla stock, but a car company that doesn’t make money won’t be in business for long—and its eight-year battery warranty won’t be worth anything if the company goes under.

Tesla Model S Reviews - Tesla Model S Price Photos and Specs - CARandDRIVER

Only in the fantasy world of the k00ks do they see a few examples driving around town and chalk it up as proof of a market force........:oops-28:

The "electric must fail" crowd crow at each percieved failure. But there is no question that electric vehicles have carved out a portion of the market.
The big oil crowd will continue to crow that internal combustion is KING....but they are slowly losing market

How are they losing market? ICE vehicles are becoming better and better. People keep them for a long time now because they CAN. The car makers realized they needed to build a better product so they sell less because they build better.

Electric vehicles now have a market share, much to the chagrin of the fossil fuel crowd. Like it or not, they are becoming a viable alternative

dude, if they sold over ten they have a market share. It is watching the percentage of market share gained over year. do you have that figure?

Electric vehicle markets have their ups and downs 2014 YTD update International Council on Clean Transportation

Pretty easy to find.

Car and Driver Magazine isn't even sure Tesla will stay in business.

Like I always say, "costs" matter to most people.......but not to the bubble dweller fantasy living AGW k00ks >>>>

It will be interesting to see if Tesla turns a profit at those prices. The Model S is a clean-sheet design that required far more investment than its first car, the Roadster, which was based on the Lotus Elise and cost well over $100,000 but still lost money. Not that we own any Tesla stock, but a car company that doesn’t make money won’t be in business for long—and its eight-year battery warranty won’t be worth anything if the company goes under.

Tesla Model S Reviews - Tesla Model S Price Photos and Specs - CARandDRIVER

Only in the fantasy world of the k00ks do they see a few examples driving around town and chalk it up as proof of a market force........:oops-28:
that news will bring in the buyers don't ya think?

Electric vehicle markets have their ups and downs 2014 YTD update International Council on Clean Transportation

Pretty easy to find.
I supposed reading is a skill.

Shouldn't we be encouraging more people to drive electric cars or more fuel efficient vehicles? Anything that breaks our dependency off Middle Eastern oil is a good thing in my mind.

Shouldn't we be encouraging more people to drive electric cars or more fuel efficient vehicles? Anything that breaks our dependency off Middle Eastern oil is a good thing in my mind.
I believe electric cars are hazards. The battery life is in question, the lack of power is an issue, BTW, that would be the grid. Limited miles per charge and the probability that the company manufacturing them stay in business as well. Yep, the world is all over this.

I believe electric cars are hazards. The battery life is in question, the lack of power is an issue, BTW, that would be the grid. Limited miles per charge and the probability that the company manufacturing them stay in business as well. Yep, the world is all over this.

Lack of power? The Tesla will blow the socks off of anything that you drive. And the next generation of batteries will probably fix the range issue, even for the Leaf.

Lack of power? The Tesla will blow the socks off of anything that you drive. And the next generation of batteries will probably fix the range issue, even for the Leaf.
I guess reading is an issue with you warmers. I said the lack of power was the grid...............you know the power grid where they tell folks to turn down their thermostats in the winter and turn them up in the summer to save power!!!! Do you even live in the US?

I guess reading is an issue with you warmers. I said the lack of power was the grid...............you know the power grid where they tell folks to turn down their thermostats in the winter and turn them up in the summer to save power!!!! Do you even live in the US?

Encouraging folks to drive cars that have better mileage means one believes in global warming? Too funny. Its your dime, if you spend more money at the pump so you can drive a Panzer tank then by all means.

Encouraging folks to drive cars that have better mileage means one believes in global warming? Too funny. Its your dime, if you spend more money at the pump so you can drive a Panzer tank then by all means.
Kind of what the country is about wouldn't you say?

Or at least once was, too be clear!!!

Forum List

Back