Electric Vehicle sales are sucking!!!

LOL....according to Car and Drive Magazine, the battery they put in the lower end models of the Tesla are crap.( 40kwh version......50K ). Gotta shell out big bucks for the higher end version or possibly die of dead battery anxiety. But don't take my word for it......that's what the magazine says >>>> Tesla Model S Reviews - Tesla Model S Price Photos and Specs - CARandDRIVER

That means you have to shell out AT least 70K for a model with a half decent battery!!!:disbelief: 70K for this car :ack-1: You have to either have a plate in your head or a developmental disability to spend 70K for this crap. For the same price, I can have a 2015 Mustang Boss 302 AND a Toyota Highlander AWD!!

Hmmmm........that's a real tough choice!!!!:banana:

Or a top line F450.

yep......those just roll over shit and don't stop.

Or you can get a Tesla S in in 5 years wake up and realize its retained just 39% of its value!!:gay:

When you purchase or lease a performance vehicle resale isn't an objective.

The 39% is pure guess work. There are no comps for the Tesla. Tesla is the first car with a glass cockpit. Any and all new electronic upgrades can be downloaded making a three year old vehicle as updated as a new car.

Then sell it back to Elon Musk;

Elon Musk Ups Resale Value Of Tesla Model S We Decided We Were Wrong - Forbes

The agreement now ensures that people who buy the Model S through Tesla financing will receive a resale value after three years that is higher than that of any sedan from BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexusor Jaguar. Terms of the program had formerly included the option to sell back the car after 36 months for the same residual value percentage as the Mercedes S Class (after three years the S550 retains a Kelley Blue Book residual value of 47% of its $95,905 sticker price).

You can't make a car resell for something. All he is doing is artificially propping up the trade in value for the first owner.

The automobile will never catch on....

Why should I buy an automobile? They are too expensive, they break down too much, there is no place to buy that gasoline stuff, the roads are muddy and the cars get stuck
They are just a toy for the liberal elite

I will trust my horse over one of those automobiles any day

JohnsMudPlowingModel%2527T%2527HorsesPulling.jpg
Apples and oranges

New technology always face challenges. None, moreso than the automobile

Alternative energy vehicles face similar challenges. They cost too much, aren't reliable, batteries, there is no infrastructure to support them, public clings to the familiar

I see more initiatives in selling alternative vehicles today than at any point in my life. They are making inroads in spite of efforts of conservatives to kill them
Electric Cars are old technology.
All it is, is an Electric motor and a Battery. Seriously, do you live in a vacuum cause last time I checked a lot of corporations have been researching batteries for years. The idea that battery technology or electric motor technology is new is absurd.
Car History 4U - The First Electric Powered Motor Cars Automobiles
The First Electric Powered Motor Cars / Automobiles
trans.gif
| Print |

4.2 The First Electric Powered Cars

• Britain: Sometime between 1832 and 1839 Robert Anderson invented a crude electric, three-wheeled, carriage.
    • It was powered by non-rechargeable primary cells.
    • Holland: In 1835 Professor Sibrandus Stratingh designed a small-scale electric car.
    • It was built by his assistant Christopher Becker.
    • United States: In 1847: Moses G. Farmer fitted an electric motor onto a carriage, the first known electric car to run in the USA.
    • His vehicle was powered by 48 Grove cell batteries and carried two people.
    • France: Charles Jeantaud, assisted by Camille Faure, built an electric powered vehicle in 1881.
    • Britain: In 1884: Thomas Parker built an electric vehicle.
    • United States: Fred M Kimball is reported to have built an electric powered car in1888.
    • Britain: In 1888 J.K Starley, the founder of the Rover Company, experimented with and built an electric powered three-wheeled car.
    • Belgium: The Belgian gun maker Pieper started making electric cars in 1889.
    • United States: In 1890 William Morrison built the first US four-wheeled electric powered car. Note: It may have been the first vehicle fitted with a steering wheel.
    • Canada: In about 1893, electric powered cars were being built by W. J. Still and by Mr Dickson at his “Carriage Works”.
    • France: Louis Antoine Krieger started making electric horseless carriages in 1894.
    • United States: In 1895, the American inventor Hiram Maxim designed an electric powered car for Colonel Albert A. Pope.
    • The car was a horse-drawn runabout converted to electric power.
    • Pope produced these electric cars for several years before changing to the internal combustion engine.
    • Germany: Sometime between 1898 and 1900 Ferdinand Porsche invented a battery powered car. It had four electric motors - one at each whee

Older than the Gasoline powered car, in fact.

:2up:Lets be real here........

A Tesla S starts at 69K and goes to almost 90K with some bells and whistles. In that segment, there are many cars with performance that is mind boggling. Anybody with a smidge of knowledge about cars knows this.

So who spends 70K+ on an electric car?

1) A fairly wealthy social oddball who wants to make a statement, "Hey....look what I drive.....I care more about the environment than you!!"

2) A social oddball-geek who doesn't know dick about cars.

3) A very wealthy person who has 5 or 6 other cars to drive around in......but takes the EV to the weekend function where the elitist bubble dwelling assholes sit around sipping cognac and latte's discussing the next Disney venture.

Nobody else.

Well over 95% of the population will never consider for a moment buying a Tesla S. Car and Driver Magazine isn't even sure the profit margins will keep the company alive in the long run.:2up:

How many Priuses (Prius?) did you see on the road yesterday? A dozen? A hundred? I travel through some rather upscale communities and I'm seeing 5-10 Teslas every day. There are about 245 people in the office I go to most days and there are at least a half dozen Prius, two Nissan Leafs and another half dozen hybrid vehicles from the big three. And is this an office full of Republicans.

Why should I buy an automobile? They are too expensive, they break down too much, there is no place to buy that gasoline stuff, the roads are muddy and the cars get stuck

Apples and oranges

Alternative energy vehicles face similar challenges. They cost too much, aren't reliable, batteries, there is no infrastructure to support them, public clings to the familiar

I see more initiatives in selling alternative vehicles today than at any point in my life. They are making inroads in spite of efforts of conservatives to kill them
All it is, is an Electric motor and a Battery. Seriously, do you live in a vacuum cause last time I checked a lot of corporations have been researching batteries for years. The idea that battery technology or electric motor technology is new is absurd.
trans.gif
| Print |

• Britain: Sometime between 1832 and 1839 Robert Anderson invented a crude electric, three-wheeled, carriage.
    • Holland: In 1835 Professor Sibrandus Stratingh designed a small-scale electric car.
    • United States: In 1847: Moses G. Farmer fitted an electric motor onto a carriage, the first known electric car to run in the USA.
    • France: Charles Jeantaud, assisted by Camille Faure, built an electric powered vehicle in 1881.
    • United States: Fred M Kimball is reported to have built an electric powered car in1888.
    • Britain: In 1888 J.K Starley, the founder of the Rover Company, experimented with and built an electric powered three-wheeled car.
    • United States: In 1890 William Morrison built the first US four-wheeled electric powered car. Note: It may have been the first vehicle fitted with a steering wheel.
    • Canada: In about 1893, electric powered cars were being built by W. J. Still and by Mr Dickson at his “Carriage Works”.
    • France: Louis Antoine Krieger started making electric horseless carriages in 1894.
    • United States: In 1895, the American inventor Hiram Maxim designed an electric powered car for Colonel Albert A. Pope.
    • Pope produced these electric cars for several years before changing to the internal combustion engine.
    • Germany: Sometime between 1898 and 1900 Ferdinand Porsche invented a battery powered car. It had four electric motors - one at each whee

The first automobiles were electric. What plagued them was the battery technology that kept electric cars as a small niche

Batteries are getting better as is charging technology and weight. For the first time in history, electric vehicles are feasible. That is what has conservatives in an uproar and why we get threads like this trying to protect big oil

How many Priuses (Prius?) did you see on the road yesterday? A dozen? A hundred? I travel through some rather upscale communities and I'm seeing 5-10 Teslas every day. There are about 245 people in the office I go to most days and there are at least a half dozen Prius, two Nissan Leafs and another half dozen hybrid vehicles from the big three. And is this an office full of Republicans.
I see Prius' all over the place, haven't seen a Tesla yet. Again, it is amazing how only lefty warmers see these things. I see many minicoopers, many. I also see very many SUVs, they're all over the place. Honda, Hundai, VW, Nissan, Ford, Buick, Chevy, not many Dodge anymore, those mostly vans. But tesla, naw.

The "electric must fail" crowd crow at each percieved failure. But there is no question that electric vehicles have carved out a portion of the market.
The big oil crowd will continue to crow that internal combustion is KING....but they are slowly losing market

The "electric must fail" crowd crow at each percieved failure. But there is no question that electric vehicles have carved out a portion of the market.
The big oil crowd will continue to crow that internal combustion is KING....but they are slowly losing market
LOL

LOL....according to Car and Drive Magazine, the battery they put in the lower end models of the Tesla are crap.( 40kwh version......50K ). Gotta shell out big bucks for the higher end version or possibly die of dead battery anxiety. But don't take my word for it......that's what the magazine says >>>> Tesla Model S Reviews - Tesla Model S Price Photos and Specs - CARandDRIVER

That means you have to shell out AT least 70K for a model with a half decent battery!!!:disbelief: 70K for this car :ack-1: You have to either have a plate in your head or a developmental disability to spend 70K for this crap. For the same price, I can have a 2015 Mustang Boss 302 AND a Toyota Highlander AWD!!

Hmmmm........that's a real tough choice!!!!:banana:

Or a top line F450.

yep......those just roll over shit and don't stop.

Or you can get a Tesla S in in 5 years wake up and realize its retained just 39% of its value!!:gay:

When you purchase or lease a performance vehicle resale isn't an objective.

The 39% is pure guess work. There are no comps for the Tesla. Tesla is the first car with a glass cockpit. Any and all new electronic upgrades can be downloaded making a three year old vehicle as updated as a new car.

:bsflag::rofl::rofl::rofl:Tell that to a Ferrari owner..... or a Lambo. Hell if it's a good sport car it is worth more in 10 years than when it was made.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: When you tell a lie I see you follow the Goebbels method and make it a big one. The only place on the planet where you can even hope to see 5-10 Teslas every day is outside their plant in Fremont.

Apples and oranges

trans.gif
| Print |

The first automobiles were electric. What plagued them was the battery technology that kept electric cars as a small niche

Batteries are getting better as is charging technology and weight. For the first time in history, electric vehicles are feasible. That is what has conservatives in an uproar and why we get threads like this trying to protect big oil

If electric vehicles were able to do what you claim there is no amount of protection that could save big oil you idiot. Vehicles are about efficiency. People of modest means need to have the most efficient vehicle they possibly can. No EV is efficient. The question now is can they be made to be efficient. I still contend the answer to that is no. So long as they are constrained by onboard batteries they are ultimately doomed to fail.

On the other hand, if they could develop Teslas idea of creating a electric grid using the Earths electro magnetic field so that all you need is an antenna to receive power then EV's would be the most efficient land based vehicles out there bar none.

THAT would be technological development. All you idiots are doing is taking money from poor people and giving it to the rich in the form of subsidies proving yet again that you give lip service to the poor but ultimately you don't give a flying fuck about them. You are happy to use, and abuse, the poor as you see fit, which makes you nothing more than hypocritical assholes.

How are they losing market? ICE vehicles are becoming better and better. People keep them for a long time now because they CAN. The car makers realized they needed to build a better product so they sell less because they build better.

How are they losing market? ICE vehicles are becoming better and better. People keep them for a long time now because they CAN. The car makers realized they needed to build a better product so they sell less because they build better.

Electric vehicles now have a market share, much to the chagrin of the fossil fuel crowd. Like it or not, they are becoming a viable alternative

Why do you take it so personally?

Forum List

Back