Electoral maps 2012

If I post links to a dozen speeches or comments that the Obama administration has made in the past two weeks that specifically address the economy, will you admit to being duped by your right-wing media gods?

I've seen his scant mention of the economy over the last few months. That does nothing. His policies are antithetical to economics. His solution: double down on his rigid ideology....or doing the same thing over and over with the same result. That's failure.

I'm sorry. I missed the part where you accept the terms of my challenge. You said that "O" refuses to talk about the economy and instead wants to talk about condoms or Trayvon martin. I said you were full of shit and that i was willing to post links to support my claim.

You then ran away from it like the bitch you are.

I just answered your challenge by saying that I've seen his lip service to the economy....in an effort to save you time from posting sound bytes. And, I did it without hurling insults at you.

Last edited:
Urgent? Is that what you call it? Man...............that is some sweet spin.

I call it the delivery of a guy who is trying to convince HIMSELF that the shit he is saying is going to get him votes.

"Yeah! That's it! Those trees are the right height........no they aren't......but they will be someday......if we don't cut them down that is.............yeah. That's what I mean. Obama has failed. Yeah. That's it!"

I've seen his scant mention of the economy over the last few months. That does nothing. His policies are antithetical to economics. His solution: double down on his rigid ideology....or doing the same thing over and over with the same result. That's failure.

I'm sorry. I missed the part where you accept the terms of my challenge. You said that "O" refuses to talk about the economy and instead wants to talk about condoms or Trayvon martin. I said you were full of shit and that i was willing to post links to support my claim.

I just answered your challenge by saying that I've seen his lip service to the economy....in an effort to save you time from posting sound bytes. And, I did it without hurling insults at you.

Then he HAS ta;lked about the economy. Exactly. An admission that you were mistaken? Is it possible?

Then he HAS ta;lked about the economy. Exactly. An admission that you were mistaken? Is it possible?

No admission of anything other than the administration's desperate need to divert and deflect away from the albatross that's hanging around their neck.

Last edited:

I call it the delivery of a guy who is trying to convince HIMSELF that the shit he is saying is going to get him votes.

"Yeah! That's it! Those trees are the right height........no they aren't......but they will be someday......if we don't cut them down that is.............yeah. That's what I mean. Obama has failed. Yeah. That's it!"

You don't get it, is all.

If you say so. Just my word for you to go on...........but I have a pretty good ear for speaking styles and cadence. Mitt comes off as a guy selling a defective car.

“I’m not familiar with precisely what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was,”..... Romney when asked about his past comments regarding Jeremiah Wright.

If you say so. Just my word for you to go on...........but I have a pretty good ear for speaking styles and cadence. Mitt comes off as a guy selling a defective car.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUIDISIlTOE&feature=relmfu]Mitt Romney: If Obama Took Over Cell Phones "They Would have Solar Panels" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUIDISIlTOE&feature=relmfu]Mitt Romney: If Obama Took Over Cell Phones "They Would have Solar Panels" - YouTube[/ame]

I'll take a defective car over trillions in debt. At least I can sell the car for scrap and start over and not be saddled with debt.

It's obvious to me that libs dont know what debt is or how it screws people. They think money comes from the endless government fountain or something.

No. Much higher margin for error. There are reasons for that and it has nothing to do with fewer polls.

The latest poll, done this month by Critical Insights, had an MOE of 4.

ME-2012 President: 50% Obama (D), 42% Romney (R) (Critical Insights 5/2-7))

And that tells you the state of polling today. They don't follow precise statistical rigors. Maine's rural setting and the less accurate sample sizes create natural larger margins of error.

Yeah right. Using random methods of selecting phone numbers isn't valid? BTW, those rural folks are more likely to depend on landlines, which is more likely to yield over representation of those in rural areas.

The latest poll, done this month by Critical Insights, had an MOE of 4.

ME-2012 President: 50% Obama (D), 42% Romney (R) (Critical Insights 5/2-7))

And that tells you the state of polling today. They don't follow precise statistical rigors. Maine's rural setting and the less accurate sample sizes create natural larger margins of error.

Yeah right. Using random methods of selecting phone numbers isn't valid? BTW, those rural folks are more likely to depend on landlines, which is more likely to yield over representation of those in rural areas.

That's a retarded argument. The sample size is independent of method contact. Also, margin of error is traditionally higher in places like Maine b/c of transportation issues, etc.

That's a retarded argument. The sample size is independent of method contact. Also, margin of error is traditionally higher in places like Maine b/c of transportation issues, etc.

What's retarded is the failure of you to understand that randomness is what matters. The MOE is based on the sample size/over the population. The MOE in the last Maine poll is 4 points. But go ahead and live your illusion. I hope Romney listens to you, and puts money into Maine.

He still did reasonably well among Hispanics. So did Dubya. Do you disagree that Romney's change on immigration policy will hurt him with this demographic?

I don't think that immigration is the hot button issue that it was in 2008. This election is going to be about whether or not we think Obama has been a success. Frankly, he's been a failure.

I disagree. I think the exact opposite is true. The rhetoric coming from the right about immigration is much more extreme and inflammatory. Another very high priority for Hispanics is education. The GOP attempts to cut student loans, Pell Grants, and states cutting back on school spending is going to hurt Romney in a huge way. Obama's appointment of a Latina to the high court didn't hurt him either.

Lets not forget the way Nevada and Colorado shifted to blue side in the last election.

Fair points, but remember that for most Hispanics the economy trumps all and they as a group aren't on board with gay marriage.

They all tell us one thing though, and that is that Romney needs to win the vast majority of swing states to win the election. It is possible as GW did it twice, but Obama really does have a big advantage. If Obama was not the incumbent, I think Romney would actually have an edge.

What's retarded is the failure of you to understand that randomness is what matters. The MOE is based on the sample size/over the population. The MOE in the last Maine poll is 4 points. But go ahead and live your illusion. I hope Romney listens to you, and puts money into Maine.

Maine is more rural. People do have to go further to polling stations. Weather, politics, economics, etc has a greater effect on various demographics. The fact that they are saying the MOE is the same as an urban state is highly suspicious at best.

Enthusiasm?

How about here at the USMB. A group of self described informed voters.

How many liberal/Democratic/progressive members are very pleased with or very enthusiastic about having Barack Obama as their candidate? What percentage of these members would rather have someone else represent the Democratic Party in November?

Same questions for conservative/Republican/regressive members regarding Mitt Romney.

My take? Not even close. Enthusiasm for Obama way higher.

Interesting post and I agree with you. There is a core group of people here who love what Obama has done. There doesn't seem to be many (if any) who admire Romney's accomplishments as much.

Repeating the lie, LBT. repeating the lie.

Bad economy, high unemployment, and O refuses to talk about it. Instead they reach for class warfare tactics and social issues when the country is sinking into the abyss. Deplorable. This is all O has left though so it's completely understandable that he's using these tactics.

He made it the subject of his radio address last week and discussed it in speeches during the week. You're simply not paying attention.

Repeating the lie, LBT. repeating the lie.

Bad economy, high unemployment, and O refuses to talk about it. Instead they reach for class warfare tactics and social issues when the country is sinking into the abyss. Deplorable. This is all O has left though so it's completely understandable that he's using these tactics.

He made it the subject of his radio address last week and discussed it in speeches during the week. You're simply not paying attention.

Yea. Do tell us about his great economic message.

Forum List

Back