Electoral maps 2012

No, just fewer polls. And most were taken during the primary process.

No. Much higher margin for error. There are reasons for that and it has nothing to do with fewer polls.

The latest poll, done this month by Critical Insights, had an MOE of 4.

ME-2012 President: 50% Obama (D), 42% Romney (R) (Critical Insights 5/2-7))

And that tells you the state of polling today. They don't follow precise statistical rigors. Maine's rural setting and the less accurate sample sizes create natural larger margins of error.

He still did reasonably well among Hispanics. So did Dubya. Do you disagree that Romney's change on immigration policy will hurt him with this demographic?

I don't think that immigration is the hot button issue that it was in 2008. This election is going to be about whether or not we think Obama has been a success. Frankly, he's been a failure.

I disagree. I think the exact opposite is true. The rhetoric coming from the right about immigration is much more extreme and inflammatory. Another very high priority for Hispanics is education. The GOP attempts to cut student loans, Pell Grants, and states cutting back on school spending is going to hurt Romney in a huge way. Obama's appointment of a Latina to the high court didn't hurt him either.

Lets not forget the way Nevada and Colorado shifted to blue side in the last election.

Of course you "disagree." Libs don't want it to be about Obama's economy. They're looking for any diversion or distortion they can, just like Mitt said they would.

And as for grants and student loans, Biden has even said that such things are artificially increasing the costs of tuition. It's time to get a pro in office. Amateur hour is over sweetheart.

Last edited:
Enthusiasm?

How about here at the USMB. A group of self described informed voters.

How many liberal/Democratic/progressive members are very pleased with or very enthusiastic about having Barack Obama as their candidate? What percentage of these members would rather have someone else represent the Democratic Party in November?

Same questions for conservative/Republican/regressive members regarding Mitt Romney.

My take? Not even close. Enthusiasm for Obama way higher.

Of course you "disagree." Reactionaries want it to be about Obama's economy.

Yes, it should be about the economy. Hispanics as all Americans are concerned. However, to suggest that all Americans are going to give weight to a cookie cutter approach of the reactionaries is a monumental misreading of the electorate.

Enthusiasm?

How about here at the USMB. A group of self described informed voters.

How many liberal/Democratic/progressive members are very pleased with or very enthusiastic about having Barack Obama as their candidate? What percentage of these members would rather have someone else represent the Democratic Party in November?

Same questions for conservative/Republican/regressive members regarding Mitt Romney.

My take? Not even close. Enthusiasm for Obama way higher.

If the Hispanics and women voters feel that MR doesn't "get" them, the GOP is in for a big problem on election night.

I don't think that immigration is the hot button issue that it was in 2008. This election is going to be about whether or not we think Obama has been a success. Frankly, he's been a failure.

I disagree. I think the exact opposite is true. The rhetoric coming from the right about immigration is much more extreme and inflammatory. Another very high priority for Hispanics is education. The GOP attempts to cut student loans, Pell Grants, and states cutting back on school spending is going to hurt Romney in a huge way. Obama's appointment of a Latina to the high court didn't hurt him either.

Lets not forget the way Nevada and Colorado shifted to blue side in the last election.

Of course you "disagree." Libs don't want it to be about Obama's economy. They're looking for any diversion or distortion they can, just like Mitt said they would.

And as for grants and student loans, Biden has even said that such things are artificially increasing the costs of tuition. It's time to get a pro in office. Amateur hour is over sweetheart.

Of course they want to make it about condoms, gay marriage, Trayvon Martin......anything, anything but economics.

Of course you "disagree." Reactionaries want it to be about Obama's economy.

Yes, it should be about the economy. Hispanics as all Americans are concerned. However, to suggest that all Americans are going to give weight to a cookie cutter approach of the reactionaries is a monumental misreading of the electorate.

Nice twisting as usual. I'm not saying that voters are all deciding based on one issue. I'm saying that one issue is key; or at least it should be as far as Romney is concerned; THE ECONOMY.

TGG is twisting. The one issue has various components to it, and your cookie cutter approach won't work, and Mitt's strategists know it.

Last edited:
Repeating the lie, LBT. repeating the lie.

Bad economy, high unemployment, and O refuses to talk about it. Instead they reach for class warfare tactics and social issues when the country is sinking into the abyss. Deplorable. This is all O has left though so it's completely understandable that he's using these tactics.

Last edited:
Aren't you guys tired of listening to Romney's pleading, whining cadence yet? He sounds more like a substitute teacher in a rowdy classroom than he does a corporate superstar.

Bad economy, high unemployment, and O refuses to talk about it. Instead they reach for class warfare tactics and social issues when the country is sinking into the abyss. Deplorable.

If I post links to a dozen speeches or comments that the Obama administration has made in the past two weeks that specifically address the economy, will you admit to being duped by your right-wing media gods?

Bad economy, high unemployment, and O refuses to talk about it. Instead they reach for class warfare tactics and social issues when the country is sinking into the abyss. Deplorable.

If I post links to a dozen speeches or comments that the Obama administration has made in the past two weeks that specifically address the economy, will you admit to being duped by your right-wing media gods?

I've seen his scant mention of the economy over the last few months. That does nothing. His policies are antithetical to economics. His solution: double down on his rigid ideology....or doing the same thing over and over with the same result. That's failure.

No, all of them have Romney smelling Obama's smoke and eating his dust. About where I gauge the American Public to be. There has been no enthusiasm for Mittens for 8 years now. He'd save himself a lot of money and trouble if he gives his concession speech right after his acceptance speech this Summer

I've seen his scant mention of the economy over the last few months. That does nothing. His policies are antithetical to economics. His solution: double down on his rigid ideology....or doing the same thing over and over with the same result. That's failure.

I'm sorry. I missed the part where you accept the terms of my challenge. You said that "O" refuses to talk about the economy and instead wants to talk about condoms or Trayvon martin. I said you were full of shit and that i was willing to post links to support my claim.

You then ran away from it like the bitch you are.

No, LL, he doesn't.

Sure he does. His voice gets a high pitch. He seems to be pleading. Listen for it. He does not come off as a guy in command of the room in my opinion.

Then you don't get it. His delivery is urgent, it is now, it is there is no more time left.

The American public is getting it also, as the polls narrow.

Forum List

Back