Election Reforms I'd Like To See

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
Real campaign finance reform. What happened to it? Both POTUS candidates are raising and spending money like it's going out of style.

I'd like to be able to hear Ron Paul and Jill Stein debate the President and Mr Romney. That will never happen until the rules are changed.

Also, some kind of assurance the election process is completely honest in every state.

What are your ideas?

the same as yours w/ the addition of a 5 yr ban on any employment that can influence gov't (revolving door employ)

Real campaign finance reform. What happened to it? Both POTUS candidates are raising and spending money like it's going out of style.

I'd like to be able to hear Ron Paul and Jill Stein debate the President and Mr Romney. That will never happen until the rules are changed.

Also, some kind of assurance the election process is completely honest in every state.

What are your ideas?

I'm with you on the assurance the election process is completely honest in every State. It won't happen until people are required to show a State issued photo ID in order to vote though.

the same as yours w/ the addition of a 5 yr ban on any employment that can influence gov't (revolving door employ)
Complete financial disclosure of business AND special interest groups ties.

• Banned
Campaign contributions should be monitored by a bipartisan election commission. We should establish spending caps on funding all national elections. Cap the amount that companies can contribute. Political parties should as companies and be completely transparent in their accounting practices. Political Action Committees should be subject to oversight. Penalties should be established for violations.

Campaign contributions should be monitored by a bipartisan election commission. We should establish spending caps on funding all national elections. Cap the amount that companies can contribute. Political parties should as companies and be completely transparent in their accounting practices. Political Action Committees should be subject to oversight. Penalties should be established for violations.

Not just businesses. All Entities.

No release of any voting totals till the last polling place for the area impacted by the election closes.

I guess that would be HI or in the Aluteins(sp?) for a presidential election.

I want the POTUS debates to include third party and independent candidates. I want to see Dr. Jill Stein and Ron Paul debate.

Even if neither has a chance of getting elected, Stein and Paul could change the debate away from "talking points".

What are your ideas?

Universal voter ID laws would be a good start.

Campaign finance reform has been addressed by SCOTUS

If there were to be a viable 3rd party candidate, he or she would be included in debates. Both Jon Anderson and Ross Perot were in debates when they were running.

What are your ideas?

If there were to be a viable 3rd party candidate, he or she would be included in debates. Both Jon Anderson and Ross Perot were in debates when they were running.

We should make it easier for third party candidates to be viable. We can do that by capping the amount of money that candidates are allowed to raise and that individuals and companies are allowed to donate. We need better oversight. The whole election game seems to be cheat as much as possible while trying to catch your opponent red handed.

Last edited:

What are your ideas?

Seeing the Individual States coming into agreement under the Governors agreeing to terms and keeping Sovereignty, rather than Federalizing, and Usurping Authority, and then refusing to hold up it's end. The Feds are already mismanaging enough. :)

What are your ideas?

1) Get rid of the Electoral College. It's ridiculous to exclude 80% of the population from any meaningful participation in the discussion because their state leans too far one way or the other.

2) Meaningful funding of third parties, and having runoffs if no one gets 50%.

3) Shorten the whole process. We've been talking about this here for two years now... And we all knew it would probably be Obama vs. Romney.

What are your ideas?

I wish Ross had won.

Forum List

Back