🎬 El Chorizo's Great Obscure and Underrated Movies List

I liked Wind River. I could become a fan of Jeremy Renner.

The rest of them l’ve never heard of.

AD Astra l watched over and over again. I was never a fan of Brad Pitt, but he won me over with his restrained performance in this movie.
It was a decent movie, I couldn't get into it that much. I had high hopes for it based off the trailer but I felt like it fell flat. If you like subdued Brad Pitt watch Meet Joe Black.

It was a decent movie, I couldn't get into it that much. I had high hopes for it based off the trailer but I felt like it fell flat. If you like subdued Brad Pitt watch Meet Joe Black.

I read a lot into it, after watching it a few times. Likening it to The Odyssey. The son’s search for his estranged father.

And.....are we really alone in the known universe? Tommy Lee Jones’s character could not face that reality.

The director rejected the use of CGI, l saw in a later interview.

“ Last of the Mohicans “ and “Dunkirk” were perfect Films ( there are very few of those )

Great films. The Last of the Mohicans has an amazing musical score as well. But both definitely not underrated or obscure :)

I know this one is not obscure.

But watching reruns of ‘The Searchers’, this film stands the test of time.

Without the resources of CGI, and other technical frills and spills, the movie captures the sheer vastness and isolation of America, which can be overwhelming for Europeans.

“ What Waits Below” ( Military / Archeological / Geophysicist ) Expedition deep into Vast Underground caverns encounter dangerous unexpected situation . Very off the radar film

“ What Waits Below” ( Military / Archeological / Geophysicist ) Expedition deep into Vast Underground caverns encounter dangerous unexpected situation . Very off the radar film
I just watched the trailer... oof, doesn't look good :(

376812196_7066278080062706_8861270419402564633_n.jpg

I've been putting this list together over the past few years and thought maybe some of y'all might be interested in the list. I tried to rank these in order of how obscure it is, how underrated and unkown it is when I factored in the overall score.

The link to the list is here: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls562349509/

Please feel free to suggest other movies that you think should be on the list or ask me about movies on the list. I'm always interested to learn of amazing movies that I've never seen. Thank you in advance.
Your avatar is from an eighties movie, I miss those types of feel good, character developments & with growth over the arc of the movie.

This one, is an underrated small production, that sort of captures that feel, IMO. . . if you are into that, and miss that vibe, but, in that vein, it is also a bit sappy and campy.

It has a "Karate Kid," vibe to it.

Forum List

Back