🎬 El Chorizo's Great Obscure and Underrated Movies List

elchorizo

Platinum Member
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2009
I've been putting this list together over the past few years and thought maybe some of y'all might be interested in the list. I tried to rank these in order of how obscure it is, how underrated and unkown it is when I factored in the overall score.

The link to the list is here: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls562349509/

Please feel free to suggest other movies that you think should be on the list or ask me about movies on the list. I'm always interested to learn of amazing movies that I've never seen. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I've been putting this list together over the past few years and thought maybe some of y'all might be interested in the list. I tried to rank these in order of how obscure it is, how underrated and unkown it is when I factored in the overall score.

Please feel free to suggest other movies that you think should be on the list or ask me about movies on the list. I'm always interested to learn of amazing movies that I've never seen. Thank you in advance.
I don’t recall seeing it on your list...

Very interesting list.

I see A LOT of movies in that list, that I have put in my list to see, at one point or another, when they rotate thru one of the free streaming services, but I watch so little movies and TEE VEE, I generally opt for junk/comedy/lighter media, in my down time.

But I do see several in there that I have seen, and do like.

I loved Payback, but I'm a huge Mel Gibson fan, and don't care that he's an antisemitic asshole in real life. He does excellent work, and that's what I judge. Also stars Maria Bello, who is in at least one other movie in your list. She's fantastic in everything.

I also liked In Time.

The Number 23 is underrated and shows how damn good Jim Carrey is as a dramatic actor.

The Salton Sea was a little too slow for me.

A History of Violence is excellent. I only recently discovered that Viggo Mortensen is Gay. Not that it matters at all, it just surprised me.

I liked The Edge very much, but I'm a big fan of both actors.

One of my favorite Mel Gibson movies is Edge of Darkness. It only gets a 6.6 but I thought he was fantastic in it.

Another movie that's a blast is Sexy Beast. Ben Kingsley will blow your mind.

Wind River is my favorite on the list, I'll just assume everyone has already seen it. Alot of movies on there I have not seen, and look interesting.

The Place Beyond The Pines was really good, I liked it. Here are some highlights of this movie put to an excellent tune by Kings of Leon, can't find the original video and this one was the only one out there with the song and this movie together, starts around 1:15

Time in Disguise

Some of Ben Kingsley's dialogue. :laugh:

Don: Shut up, ****. You louse. You got some fuckin' neck ain't you. Retired? Fuck off, you're revolting. Look at your suntan, it's leather, it's like leather man, your skin. We could make a fucking suitcase out of you. Like a crocodile, fat crocodile, fat bastard. You look like fucking Idi Amin, you know what I mean? Stay here? You should be ashamed of yourself. Who do you think you are? King of the castle? Cock of the walk?

[He gut-punches Gal]

Don: What you think this is the wheel of fortune? You think you can make your dough and fuck off? Leave the table? Thanks Don, see you Don, off to sunny Spain now Don, fuck off Don. Lying in your pool like a fat blob laughing at me, you think I'm gonna have that? You really think I'm gonna have that, ya ponce. All right, I'll make it easy for you. God knows you're fucking trying. Are you gonna do the job? It's not a difficult question, are you gonna do the job, yes or no?

Took me to number 15, Donnie Darko to get to a film I've seen. I remember watching it and didn't really get it, I watched the whole thing so it can't have been that bad, then someone said something about how the ending makes no sense. I don't remember the ending, so...

And it's the only one I've seen. At least we know you're called John now.

I loved Payback, but I'm a huge Mel Gibson fan, and don't care that he's an antisemitic asshole in real life. He does excellent work, and that's what I judge. Also stars Maria Bello, who is in at least one other movie in your list. She's fantastic in everything.

I also liked In Time.

The Number 23 is underrated and shows how damn good Jim Carrey is as a dramatic actor.

The Salton Sea was a little too slow for me.

A History of Violence is excellent. I only recently discovered that Viggo Mortensen is Gay. Not that it matters at all, it just surprised me.

I liked The Edge very much, but I'm a big fan of both actors.

One of my favorite Mel Gibson movies is Edge of Darkness. It only gets a 6.6 but I thought he was fantastic in it.

I've seen Edge of Darkness, was a good movie. Haven't seen the other but I will!

Took me to number 15, Donnie Darko to get to a film I've seen. I remember watching it and didn't really get it, I watched the whole thing so it can't have been that bad, then someone said something about how the ending makes no sense. I don't remember the ending, so...

And it's the only one I've seen. At least we know you're called John now.

The ending makes perfect sense but the movie is definitely confusing. It's about time travel and alternate timelines. The soundtrack for the movie is also excellent. Definitely a cult classic.

Forum List

Back