Eisenhower and Patton: Their Motives, and Their Rewards

Eisenhower followed Stalin's orders....and cost 100 thousand American lives.

Eisenhower was not under Stalin's command...If you want to make the claim, prove it with the written order...

Strange as it is, the remarkable ability as a general isn't what pushes one to the top in the armed forces. Sometimes, it becomes secondary to.....other things. Why would George Patton, who believed himself the reincarnation of a Roman legionnaire, not be the commander during the biggest invasion in United States history?

4. "June 6, 1944 General Omar Bradley (1893-1981) led the First Army of the United States in the famous D-Day landing on the beaches of Normandy. Interestingly, Bradley was the understudy of another man, General George S. Patton Jr. (1885-1945). How did Bradley overtake his mentor? What caused the Supreme Allied Commander Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1979) to give the job to Bradley when Patton had helped lead the Allies to victory in Sicily only a short time before? During the 1943 invasion, Bradley had served under Patton, now Bradley was Patton's commanding officer.

General Patton was an aggressive general; his tactics were unorthodox, but successful. Why would he not be the commander during the biggest invasion in United States history? Why would he be used as a decoy rather than be on the front lines of Normandy? Was this because of the rocky relationship he had with the Allied Commander, General Eisenhower? How did Patton view Eisenhower and how did Eisenhower view Patton?" Military History Online

What sort of machinations were behind the advancement of Eisenhower over Patton?

Guess who hated Patton, and vice versa...Hint: he slaughtered millions of his own citizens.

Good guess!

And Franklin Roosevelt bowed to the every desire and wish of Joseph Stalin.

Eisenhower was agreeable.....Patton very much the opposite.
Patton assaulted a soldier in a field hospital and was temporarily taken off command...He lost his position and others were deemed more suitable and in control of their emotions....Don't think that you are not watched when in command..Since you have zero experience in military code of conduct, I don't doubt you would or could understand how all those people leaped over Patton for higher positions....

Patton slapped a soldier for crying.
....Stalin's orders demanding unconditional surrender of Germany.

To get an idea of the cost of the extended war...."....over one hundred thirty-five thousand American GIs died – a startling figure today – between D day[june 6, 1944] and V-E day,[May 8, 1945]...."

So did the Red Army really singlehandedly defeat the Third Reich Stuff I Done Wrote - The Michael A. Charles Online Presence

Get that?

135,000 brave American boys whose lives were offered up as a gift to Stalin....to make certain that communism survived.

Based on the ratio of deaths to wounded, that would suggest almost an additional 200,000 wounded, just between Normandy and Germany's surrender.

Totally attributable to 'unconditional surrender.'
Being that you are not even a westerner by birth and do not understand our commitments to France and Britain,, I can see why you would think like that..Yet, it is not true......Our allies are more determined by who owes us the most..You don't want your biggest debtor to be defeated, then you'd never see the payoff...You really are tool, and a long winded sardonic biotch that thinks her propaganda will merit her more than a few followers with no mind, and only hate for a party association..
It must be sad to have a narcissist personality disorder..I feel for you...Not.....
Would you like to apologize to those that lost their life to the Nazi's before the war even started? When Hitler's subs were attacking our merchant, Navy and cruise-liners?
Why do you apologize so much for Hitler?? I am guessing, you wanted the US to support Hitler and fight againt the USSR is what it looks like to me....Seige heil mine frootloop....

Eisenhower was not under Stalin's command...If you want to make the claim, prove it with the written order...

Stalin was the source of the demand for 'unconditional surrender."
Roosevelt hopped to it....and Eisenhower obeyed Roosevelt.

Although Franklin Roosevelt lied about coming up with the idea of 'unconditional surrender,' as he lied about coming up with Lend Lease, and about having written Haiti's constitution....
....it was Stalin who authored both 'unconditional surrender,' and Lend Lease (using Armand Hammer to bring it to Roosevelt).

1. Stalin has his spy who live in the White House, Harry Hopkins, present it to Roosevelt.

a. Harry Hopkins biographer, George McJimsey, makes the claim that,after Stalin and his spies in the administration demanded that the Allies never open communication with the anti-Hitler Germans, and accept only unconditional surrender- which would leave Germany in no condition to hinder Stalin's post war efforts to control all of Europe, Roosevelt viewed "the doctrine as an approach to Stalin...a device, along with Lend Lease aid and the promise of a second front for convincing Stalin of his good will."
"Harry Hopkins: Ally of the Poor and Defender of Democracy,"
by George McJimsey, , p. 278-279

b. Actually, the very first use of the phrase 'unconditional surrender" at Casablanca was by Stalin's spy,Harry Hopkins.One day earlier, January 23, before the President announced it, Hopkins told the grand vizier of Morocco, "The war will be pursued until Germany, Italy, and Japan agree to unconditional surrender."
"Harry Hopkins: Ally of the Poor and Defender of Democracy," by George McJimsey, p.277
and FRUS: Washington and Casablanca, p. 703.

The plan for unconditional surrender cost America between 100,000 and 150,000 dead soldiers.

2. Soviet spy Harry Dexter White wrote the Morgenthau Plan which put the details of unconditional surrender on paper.

a. "Archival evidence indicates that the Soviet’s wanted the war to continuelong enough for them to conquer Eastern Europe and in order for Germany to be utterly destroyed or “pastoralized” which was called for in the Morgenthau Plan which was actually written by Soviet spy Harry Dexter White. The Soviets were also clamoring for a “second front” in France in order to deflect the allies out of Italy and the Balkans which was too close to Russia."
Chuck Morse Speaks: The Canaris Cover-up

b. Morganthau Plan:"The Morgenthau Plan,first proposed by United States Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau, Jr. in a memorandum entitled Suggested Post-Surrender Program for Germany, advocated that the Allied occupation of Germany following World War II includemeasures to eliminate Germany's ability to wage war by eliminating its armament industry, and the removal or destruction of other key industries basic to military strength.This included the removal or destruction of all industrial plants and equipment in the Ruhr area. "
Morgenthau Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

c. Now note the testimony by converted Soviet spy, Elizabeth Bentley, who revealedStalin's plans for Germany:
Elizabeth Bentley, a former operative of the Soviet underground testified before the Senate subcommittee on August 14, 1951, naming some 80 Soviet spies. Her testimony was summarized in an FBI report, dated November 25, 1945.

Take a look at the methods and purpose of the Soviet operation:

Miss Bentley testified as follows about the Morgenthau plan, Stalin's plans for Germany:
Senator Eastland: "Did you know who drew that plan?"
Miss Bentley:"Due to Mr. [Harry Dexter] White's influence, to push the devastation of Germany, because that was what the Russians wanted."
Senator Ferguson: "That was what the Communists wanted?"

Miss Bentley: "Definitely Moscow wanted themcompletely razed because then they would be of no help to the allies."
Senator Eastland: "What you say is that it wasa Communist plotto destroy Germany and weaken her to where she could not help us?"

Miss Bentley: "That is correct.She could no longer be a barrier to protect the western world."
Manly, 'The Twenty Year Revolution,' p.102-103

Again: "Due to Mr. [Harry Dexter] White's influence, to push the devastation of Germany, because that was what the Russians wanted."

Ain't an education great!

Bet you wish you had one.

Strange as it is, the remarkable ability as a general isn't what pushes one to the top in the armed forces. Sometimes, it becomes secondary to.....other things. Why would George Patton, who believed himself the reincarnation of a Roman legionnaire, not be the commander during the biggest invasion in United States history?

4. "June 6, 1944 General Omar Bradley (1893-1981) led the First Army of the United States in the famous D-Day landing on the beaches of Normandy. Interestingly, Bradley was the understudy of another man, General George S. Patton Jr. (1885-1945). How did Bradley overtake his mentor? What caused the Supreme Allied Commander Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1979) to give the job to Bradley when Patton had helped lead the Allies to victory in Sicily only a short time before? During the 1943 invasion, Bradley had served under Patton, now Bradley was Patton's commanding officer.

General Patton was an aggressive general; his tactics were unorthodox, but successful. Why would he not be the commander during the biggest invasion in United States history? Why would he be used as a decoy rather than be on the front lines of Normandy? Was this because of the rocky relationship he had with the Allied Commander, General Eisenhower? How did Patton view Eisenhower and how did Eisenhower view Patton?" Military History Online

What sort of machinations were behind the advancement of Eisenhower over Patton?

Guess who hated Patton, and vice versa...Hint: he slaughtered millions of his own citizens.

Good guess!

Patton assaulted a soldier in a field hospital and was temporarily taken off command...He lost his position and others were deemed more suitable and in control of their emotions....Don't think that you are not watched when in command..Since you have zero experience in military code of conduct, I don't doubt you would or could understand how all those people leaped over Patton for higher positions....

To get an idea of the cost of the extended war...."....over one hundred thirty-five thousand American GIs died – a startling figure today – between D day[june 6, 1944] and V-E day,[May 8, 1945]...."

So did the Red Army really singlehandedly defeat the Third Reich Stuff I Done Wrote - The Michael A. Charles Online Presence

Get that?

135,000 brave American boys whose lives were offered up as a gift to Stalin....to make certain that communism survived.

Based on the ratio of deaths to wounded, that would suggest almost an additional 200,000 wounded, just between Normandy and Germany's surrender.

Being that you are not even a westerner by birth and do not understand our commitments to France and Britain,, I can see why you would think like that..Yet, it is not true......Our allies are more determined by who owes us the most..You don't want your biggest debtor to be defeated, then you'd never see the payoff...You really are tool, and a long winded sardonic biotch that thinks her propaganda will merit her more than a few followers with no mind, and only hate for a party association..
It must be sad to have a narcissist personality disorder..I feel for you...Not.....

".... do not understand our commitments to France and Britain,..."

You don't really want to compare my education and scholarship to yours....do you?

I mean, really.

You look silly enough already.

Just look at post #43.....

Good guess!

Get that?

Would you like to apologize to those that lost their life to the Nazi's before the war even started? When Hitler's subs were attacking our merchant, Navy and cruise-liners?
Why do you apologize so much for Hitler?? I am guessing, you wanted the US to support Hitler and fight againt the USSR is what it looks like to me....Seige heil mine frootloop....

Good guess!

Get that?

WTF Butthead...that has to be the longest post your limited mind has ever composed on this forum. What gives?

So anyone who criticizes Stalin's Stooge must love Nazism...even considering your low intellect, you must know how absurd that is.

Has it ever occurred to you that FDR supported Stalin, who even an dunce like you must know was a more heinous dictator than Hitler. Do you know how many people Stalin is responsible for murdering? It is a hell of lot more than Hitler.

And my poor deluded fool, FDR was desperately trying to get Hitler to commit an act of war in the North Atlantic, so he could support the Brits and his best bud in Moscow. Akin to a false flag event...much like what Stalin's Stooge successful pulled off by sacrificing thousands of American service men at Pearl Harbor, to save Soviet Communism...the most murderous ideology known to man.

Last edited:
Leftist Logic:

Anyone who criticizes FDR's actions in saving history's most murderous dictator and political ideology, must be ridiculed and called a Nazi.

However, anyone who commends FDR's actions is not a communist.

Apparently Patton was prone to some sort of behavior unbecoming an officer and for this Ike decided Patton's behavior should be monitored. But it was more than that. Patton seemed to have a history of impulsiveness and It would be interesting to see if Patton's behavior in the soldier-slapping incidents was a similar form of behavior as the soldier he slapped was exhibiting.
In any case If Patton lost his cool and sent thousands of Americans to a needless death (old blood and guts) today both Patton and Ike would not be such heroic figures. We should be grateful Ike kept his cool and utilized Patton in Patton's area of expertise and allowed Patton to become a hero.

Apparently Patton was prone to some sort of behavior unbecoming an officer and for this Ike decided Patton's behavior should be monitored. But it was more than that. Patton seemed to have a history of impulsiveness and It would be interesting to see if Patton's behavior in the soldier-slapping incidents was a similar form of behavior as the soldier he slapped was exhibiting.
In any case If Patton lost his cool and sent thousands of Americans to a needless death (old blood and guts) today both Patton and Ike would not be such heroic figures. We should be grateful Ike kept his cool and utilized Patton in Patton's area of expertise and allowed Patton to become a hero.

"Apparently Patton was prone to some sort of behavior unbecoming an officer blah blah blah....."

1. Now I know you read the thread, a perfectly constructed indictment of Eisenhower as a puppet of Roosevelt, Marshall, Hopkins ....and Joseph Stalin.

Eisenhower's....malfeasance... was shown to cost upwards of 100,000 American soldiers' lives, in addition to the 20,000 he allowed Stalin to send to their deaths in his gulags.

Instead of discussing that....you move on to smear a far greater general and military hero.

Disgusting of you, isn't it?

2. Now....here's irony: "....If Patton lost his cool and sent thousands of Americans to a needless death...."

Exactly what Eisenhower/Roosevelt did for Stalin....yet you hypothesize about General Patton doing same.

We've covered 'disgusting'....let's add 'stupid.'

So have you now added Eisenhower to your commie list? As you keep adding to your list of commies, and the list finally comes down to the two Americans that were not commies who would the other one non-commie be, McCarthy, Patton or who?

So have you now added Eisenhower to your commie list? As you keep adding to your list of commies, and the list finally comes down to the two Americans that were not commies who would the other one non-commie be, McCarthy, Patton or who?

1. "So have you now added Eisenhower to your commie list?"

It's more nuanced than that......have someone with a third grade education read and explain the thread to you.

2. "As you keep adding to your list of commies,..."
Well...since I have provided literally dozens of quotes, linked and sourced, it is hardly my list.
And....it's why you have never been able to dispute my posts.

3. Let's explain to everyone exactly where you fit in:
  1. The progressive left, and the liberal left, while not themselves communists, share many of the same sympathies, such of redistribution of wealth, and worker’s rights, nationalizations of industry, etc, but are not quite as far left as the communists, and would not go to the same lengths as the communists to achieve their goals. This does not mean, though, that the help of these dupes is not necessary in order for the communists to achieve victory. Even at their peak, in the ‘30’s, the Communist Party of the United States never had more than 100 thousand members: so deception of the ‘dupes’ was critical.
    1. The archives tell a tale of plans and schemes between the CPUSA and the Communist International in Moscow, to dupe progressives and liberals: “go to rallies,” “don’t let them know you are a communist!,” “If anyone reveals that you are a communist, claim it is red-baiting,” “yell ‘McCarthyism!” Dr. Paul Kengor, Hoover Institution, Stanford “DUPES: How America's Adversaries Have Manipulated Progressives for a Century

Did you catch that reference to you?

"This does not mean, though, that the help of these dupes is not necessary in order for the communists to achieve victory. "

I suggest you monogam "DUPE" on all of your outfit, so folks perceive your perspective more quickly.

It's more nuanced than that......have someone with a third grade education read and explain the thread to you.

Well...since I have provided literally dozens of quotes, linked and sourced, it is hardly my list.

1. The progressive left, and the liberal left, while not themselves communists, share many of the same sympathies, such of redistribution of wealth, and worker’s rights, nationalizations of industry, etc, but are not quite as far left as the communists, and would not go to the same lengths as the communists to achieve their goals. This does not mean, though, that the help of these dupes is not necessary in order for the communists to achieve victory. Even at their peak, in the ‘30’s, the Communist Party of the United States never had more than 100 thousand members: so deception of the ‘dupes’ was critical.
    1. The archives tell a tale of plans and schemes between the CPUSA and the Communist International in Moscow, to dupe progressives and liberals: “go to rallies,” “don’t let them know you are a communist!,” “If anyone reveals that you are a communist, claim it is red-baiting,” “yell ‘McCarthyism!” Dr. Paul Kengor, Hoover Institution, Stanford “DUPES: How America's Adversaries Have Manipulated Progressives for a Century

"This does not mean, though, that the help of these dupes is not necessary in order for the communists to achieve victory. "

I suggest you monogam "DUPE" on all of your outfit, so folks perceive your perspective more quickly.
So what do we call the non-dupes and what do they support?

Americans....and America.

The Roman empire fell to the Germanic people.

So all Americans are non-dupes? Is that the extent of your argument?

There was no comment on this post.
I assume it is a problem with the software on the site....I had two posts today that could not accept a comment.
Is that the case?

It was a great post, up among the Pulitzer prize contenders, and now gone.

1.Does either one need any introduction?
But there were significant differences between the two.....and life had different rewards for each.
If we can assume that the job description, the careers they chose, had to do with service, and the practice of soldiering......which one was the superior in said endeavor?

Which one deserved the lion's share of rewards?

What should be the Litmus Test? If one decides on a realpolitik definition, based on a system of principles of practical, rather than moral or ideological considerations of the job, well then, the determination may change.

Time to compare the lives, and the actions, of Dwight Eisenhower and George Patton.

2. Patton, five years Eisenhower's senior, was rich, and didn't need his army salary. Eisenhower, a poor boy from a working class family, was the very opposite.

"Eisenhower (known as "Ike" by his friends and allies) and Patton first met in 1918 at Camp Colt in Pennsylvania. The two met again at Camp Meade [Maryland] in 1919. When Patton was transferred to Meade he moved next door to where Eisenhower and his wife, Mamie, lived.[7] During this time, Eisenhower encountered Patton's beliefs and ideas. Eisenhower described Patton as, "tall, straight, and soldierly looking… high, squeaking voice… with two passions, the military service and polo."

The two formed a bond, because they were both men of tanks. They loved how tanks worked and how they were used during wartime. Then in mid-April of that year, Patton was transferred from Meade, to go to Washington DC. Eisenhower was the man that replaced Patton as the head of the Tank Corps at Meade. Later that year, Patton returned to Meade and took his position over Eisenhower again. Patton's rank was higher than Eisenhower's, however, this never affected their relationship." Military History Online

3. The man who propelled Dwight Eisenhower to the uppermost levels in the military was George Marshall. He saw things in Eisenhower that inspired trust....most especially, the unhesitating ability....and desire.... to follow orders.

This was a somewhat.....variable.... ability with Patton.

When George Marshall was a colonel in the early years of the Roosevelt administration, Marshall ingratiated himself with the New Dealers by his efforts in behalf of Civilian Conservation Corps. In 1936, Marshall became a brigadier general and in 1938 Roosevelt made him Chief of Staff, jumping him over the heads of twenty major generals and fourteen senior brigadier generals.

Sherwood ["
Roosevelt and Hopkins: An Intimate History,"byRobert E. Sherwood] reports that Harry Hopkins "strongly recommended" Marshall's appointment as Chief of Staff.

Once one understands who Hopkins was, it sheds new light on George Marshall's actions....

a. Life magazine ran a spread on Hopkins on September 22, 1941, calling Harry Hopkins a one-man cabinet to Roosevelt. In fact, he lived at the White House, in the Lincoln Bedroom, from May 1940 to December 1943.
LIFE

b. Harry Hopkins,- FDR's alter ego, co-president, or Rasputin, "...the closest and most influential adviser to President Franklin D. Roosevelt during World War II, was a Soviet agent." and “the most important of all Soviet wartime agents in the United States.”
The Treachery Of Harry Hopkins The Treachery Of Harry Hopkins

Harry Hopkins picked George Marshall...

..George Marshall picked Dwight Eisenhower.

Military mastery, warrior greatness, picked George Patton.

Patton was a Military genius. I have read a few books on General Patton .

Patton did not want things his way, he wanted things the way to be victorious. To happen and occur to be successful. To make the US Army and America look great.

He had enemy's in the states. Enemy's that their only gripe was jealousy.

Yes , General Pattons mouth did get him into trouble ; but when the butt kicking needed to happen : whom did the White House and the American peoplecall? General George Patton. When Pattons house hold name settled; he was of no more use to Washington. George tryed to shape foreign policy, and he could not. Foreign policy was not Pattons job . Even though Russia would prove in later years to be an adversary to the US; as Patton had previously predicted.

When the war was coming ( planned ) to a close, when Pattons initial popularity settled down , General Omar Bradley finished off the last yards of rushing in the forth quarter for the decisive win. Omar Bradley went on to be successful; but not without some personal as well as Military losses. Omar was as brilliant , or more brilliant than Patton. Omar was White House material and went on to make General of the Army.

Patton was great. Omar Bradley was great. Patton got himself into trouble - so Bradley went further in his career.

Shadow 355

I think Patton thought of taking the objective as his goal, Bradley thought of taking the objective and saving men as they took the objective. GI's knew this and were grateful to be in Bradley's command. Patton's men were grateful and proud after they survived and went home.
Some generals, and we had them, were showboats and lives were secondary, Patton was a showboat, two guns and all that showboat crap.

Forum List

Back