Egypt's mufti urges Muslims to endure insults peacefully

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
DEMOCRACY@WORK

Mollifying Islam..

Egypt's mufti urges Muslims to endure insults peacefully - Yahoo! News

CAIRO (Reuters) - Muslims angered by cartoons mocking the Prophet Mohammad should follow his example of enduring insults without retaliating, Egypt's highest Islamic legal official said on Thursday.

Western embassies tightened security in Sanaa, fearing the cartoons published in a French magazine on Wednesday could lead to more unrest in the Yemeni capital where crowds attacked the U.S. mission last week over an anti-Islam film made in America.

In the latest of a wave of protests against that video in the Islamic world, several thousand Shi'ite Muslims demonstrated in the northern Nigerian town of Zaria, burning an effigy of U.S. President Barack Obama and crying "Death to America".

The cartoons in France's Charlie Hebdo satirical weekly have provoked relatively little street anger so far, although about 100 Iranians demonstrated outside the French embassy in Tehran.

In Tunisia, the birthplace of the Arab Spring revolts, the Islamist-led government decreed a ban on protests planned on Friday against the cartoons. Four people died and almost 30 others were wounded last week when protesters incensed by the movie about Prophet Mohammad stormed the U.S. embassy.

An Islamist activist called for attacks in France to avenge the perceived insult to Islam by the "slaves of the cross".

DEMOCRACY@WORK

Mollifying Islam..

CAIRO (Reuters) - Muslims angered by cartoons mocking the Prophet Mohammad should follow his example of enduring insults without retaliating, Egypt's highest Islamic legal official said on Thursday.

Western embassies tightened security in Sanaa, fearing the cartoons published in a French magazine on Wednesday could lead to more unrest in the Yemeni capital where crowds attacked the U.S. mission last week over an anti-Islam film made in America.

In the latest of a wave of protests against that video in the Islamic world, several thousand Shi'ite Muslims demonstrated in the northern Nigerian town of Zaria, burning an effigy of U.S. President Barack Obama and crying "Death to America".

The cartoons in France's Charlie Hebdo satirical weekly have provoked relatively little street anger so far, although about 100 Iranians demonstrated outside the French embassy in Tehran.

In Tunisia, the birthplace of the Arab Spring revolts, the Islamist-led government decreed a ban on protests planned on Friday against the cartoons. Four people died and almost 30 others were wounded last week when protesters incensed by the movie about Prophet Mohammad stormed the U.S. embassy.

An Islamist activist called for attacks in France to avenge the perceived insult to Islam by the "slaves of the cross".
Bah! The root of the problem are these Muftis, Mullahs, and Imams spreading hate and violence in their mosques. Just watch what happens on Fridays, Muslims start pouring out of mosques like savages looking for someone to kill. Guess the Imams are preaching "real islam". LOL

Amin Al Husseini: Nazi Father of Jihad, Al Qaeda, Arafat, Saddam Hussein and the Muslim Brotherhood - Tell The Children The Truth - Homepage

Last edited:
DEMOCRACY@WORK

Mollifying Islam..

thanks, Pbel.

DEMOCRACY@WORK

Mollifying Islam..

Bah! The root of the problem are these Muftis, Mullahs, and Imams spreading hate and violence in their mosques. Just watch what happens on Fridays, Muslims start pouring out of mosques like savages looking for someone to kill. Guess the Imams are preaching "real islam". LOL

Amin Al Husseini: Nazi Father of Jihad, Al Qaeda, Arafat, Saddam Hussein and the Muslim Brotherhood - Tell The Children The Truth - Homepage

y'all whine and whine about silence in the muslim world over the riots and when someone shows you that many do speak out, this is the response they get.

whyn't ya spin that yarn again about how "jews aren't bigots and only want peace."

i am so damn sick and over of the ..... i am so insulted... bullshit now.

ya know what... fuck um.

DEMOCRACY@WORK

Mollifying Islam..

y'all whine and whine about silence in the muslim world over the riots and when someone shows you that many do speak out, this is the response they get.

whyn't ya spin that yarn again about how "jews aren't bigots and only want peace."

i am still looking for the world wide riots and rampages....with a sprinkling of killings thrown in for good measure the jews have been doing........ or the christians for that matter...

"MANY SPEAK"??? so far the bottom of the barrel has been scraped and someone found ONE who made a half hearted effort Your post makes no sense at all

It's always nice to see how posters here respond to the voice of Moderate Islam.

With insults and racism, of course!

You realise that Moderate Islam is the REAL enemy for many of our posters here - it is what they fear most.

i am still looking for the world wide riots and rampages....with a sprinkling of killings thrown in for good measure the jews have been doing........ or the christians for that matter...

you are being a bit histrionic, don't you think.

people were complaining about muslim riots and why muslims didn't speak out as one against the rioting. well, muslims have and are speaaking out, beginning with the ten killed defending our consulate in libya, and here Pbel shows more muslims speaking out...and look at the reacrion from you and others.

look, if you want to see some christians and jews rioting, i can hook you up. i live in seattle and can probably get you a job downtown at the nike building.

if you want to see christians killing, maybe we can stir things up in the balkans again for your benefit. as for jews, well, if you had forgotton so quickly the name of this forum...

i am beginning to think that all this "whining" about anti-semitism is just a cover to deflect from the absolute bigotry and hatred for the muslim world you all have. you damn then when they do and you damn them when they don't.

try again Saigon finding the EXCEPTION to the rule proves ---the rule. Making the observation that muslim leaders incite muslims to RIOT is not racism ---it is, simply, FACT

btw----I learned about islamic incitement IN A MOSQUE I was very young---20 and very naive and very quiet . Becasue of my personality just about everyone invited me to their places of worship I attended "sunday school" when I was a little jewish girl in a christian town------and I was invited to a mosque when I was 20 -----and working in a place that employed LOTS OF people from southeast asia.. I remember it well------I was so young that I believed that all religions were WORKING TOWARD MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING ------I remember the nausea I experienced as the visiting genius from AL AZHAR shouted "ENEMEEEEEES OF ISLAAAAAM'
christians were the target of his hatred. He was one person-----but I also noted the NODS OF AGREEMENT and the rapt attention of little boys who sat on the floor next to their fathers. The mosque was located walking distance from the site where the World Trade Center would LATER BE BUILT

It was a time of LOVE AND FLOWERS -----but not there-----silly as I was I thought---"in a few years they will catch on" ----that was a LONG TIME AGO. muslims are rioting in the streets in RESPONSE to a comment on islam -------comparative comments on christianity, judaism, hinduism, buddhism are simply called TRUTH among muslims. Go ahead and try to tell me that is not true Go ahead and tell me about the THOUSANDS of muslim leaders who objected to the destruction of Buddhist statuary in Afghanistan I got news for you---If AL AZHAR had come out with a strong statement against it -----it would not have happened-----but go ahead and lie

DEMOCRACY@WORK

Mollifying Islam..

Well that's refreshing

It's always nice to see how posters here respond to the voice of Moderate Islam.

You realise that Moderate Islam is the REAL enemy for many of our posters here - it is what they fear most.

Racism?
:lol:

Ignorant fuckwad.....

"MANY SPEAK"??? so far the bottom of the barrel has been scraped and someone found ONE who made a half hearted effort Your post makes no sense at all

Sometimes we can find a Tzaddik in Sdom; We should embrace those kind of people, because they do have a role in the world, I believe.

no question Lipush-----scrape around and YOU WILL FIND a TZADDIK in every society and every nation ------hopefully the man who objected to the riots will not be assassinated as was the man in Pakistan who objected to blasphermy laws used to oppress christians or settle personal feuds over there

Sometimes we can find a Tzaddik in Sdom; We should embrace those kind of people, because they do have a role in the world, I believe.

lolol...that is about the most racist thing i have heard in a long time.

and the implications and intent do not go unnoticed either.

Last edited:
DEMOCRACY@WORK

Mollifying Islam..

One imam does not make up for the hundreds of millions of Muslims being taught hatred and violence out of their mosques. It's not even a drop in the bucket. And in many cases this hatred and violence is being taught in Western countries that Muslims have immigrated to.

One imam does not make up for the hundreds of millions of Muslims being taught hatred and violence out of their mosques.

And one hundred lunatic rioters do not make up for the tens of millions of Muslims who live in peace and tolerance every day of their lives.

Racism?
:lol:

Ignorant fuckwad.....
I see Saigoon has impressed other posters with his arrogance, ignorance, and stupidity as usual. Ha ha ha!

Forum List

Back