Egypt: A display of Obama's incompetence

The Republicans will retake the White House in the upcoming election.

They will use strategically publicized events in the middle east to claim the USA is in grave danger.

This will allow them to move the real mushroom cloud off the headlines. What is the real mushroom cloud? It's the outsourcing of US jobs to places like communist China by the corporate elite who own Washington. (John Galt will always crush high middle class wages by sending jobs to freedom-hating sweatshop nations. This is how he and Romeny give investors the highest returns. We give John Galt subsidies, tax cuts, bail outs, and Pentagon support for their supply chains - and, in return, he ships jobs to sweatshop labor markets).

The strategically publicized events in the middle east will also allow the Right to increase the Pentagon Budget.

The strategically publicized events in the middle east will also allow the Right to increase our military adventurism in foreign lands.

The strategically publicized events in the middle east will also allow Mitt Romney to run for a second term on national security issues (rather than economic issues).

The strategically publicized events in the middle east will allow the Right to increase the domestic surveillance powers of Big Government's largest, most expensive, most wasteful, most unaccountable bureaucracy: Homeland Security. A hidden world, growing beyond control | washingtonpost.com

When Bush was president he used strategically overblown national security threats and cherry picked, heavily doctored Intelligence to make us focus on Iraq... when the real mushroom cloud was the housing bubble and the unregulated derivatives market.

When Reagan was president he made us focus on an already-crumbling Soviet Union (along with irrelevant shit-holes like Grenada) . . . when the real mushroom cloud was the growing energy dependence on terrorist petrol-states and a dead-end energy future.

This is what Republicans do to keep power. They use the middle east to distract Americans from the real problems (which problems the GOP has no interest in solving because these problems stem from a status quo which benefits them immensely, that is, Bush had no interest in bursting the housing bubble because it fueled his dead economy; and Reagan had no interest in diversifying our energy basket because his ascendancy was heavily funded by big oil).

Same old shit. Study Iran Contra. Look at the deep ties Reagan had to these terrorist petrol-states. This is an easy curtain to poke behind.

The middle east is the gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited:
[

My ignorance?

1. Wikipedia is not a polling firm, nor does it operate in Iran.
  2. He didn't seem to have a problem about not knowing what to do when the Mel Zelya tried to usurp the constitution of Honduras, did he?
  3. Obama didn't say he was going to change the way the US is viewed by the world? Am I supposed to pretend he didn't set out to change America's relationship with the Muslim world because he failed?
I am not a Democrat, or a Republican, or a member of any other party. Who is it you think I am nominating?

You... no one. You're a nobody and always will be.

so

1- Wiki listed western and Iranian polling firms all showing Mahmoud with the lead.. but I know that contradicts your argument, so pretend you didn't see it.

2- The Coup in Hondoras was condemned not just by the US, but the UN and the OAS.

3- Much like the economy, you aren't going to fix decades of bad policies in four years.

Damn, you are delusional.

1. Any polling organizations that operate in Iran do so because the government lets them. Tell me something, it you lived in Iran and a guy came up to you with a few soldiers and asked you what you think about the government, what would you say? Also, most of those pollsters listed on Wikipedia are not pollsters.
  2. Obama condemned the people who removed Zelaya from office after he attempted a coup, so did the OAS. 2009 Honduran constitutional crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The UN didn't say anything as far as I know. Want to lie about it again?
  3. What, exactly, has Obama done to fix those alleged decades of bad policy? Do you honestly think the world revolves around Israel?

Let's try to stay in the real world here. The people were not demanding that Mubarek step down, they were speaking up for more say in their own lives. The military did not refuse to fire on their own people because they were never ordered to do so. In fact, the military actually demanded that Mubarek hand power over to them, and they held power for months.

Now, the real question, why did he feel a need to demand that Mubarek step down?

So I guess all that stuff we saw in Tahir square was an illusion, then?

Never mind. I don't want to know how many drugs you are taking to get to his alternate reality.

That depends. I saw a bunch of people coming together to demand more self determination. I didn't see the Army get any orders to kill anyone, In fact, I saw the Army get orders to allow the demonstration to continue.

What do you think you saw there?

Are you saying that, despite the fact that Obama supposedly sided with the people of Egypt, they still don't like us? And that that is somehow the fault of a film no one has ever seen because it doesn't actually exist?

Again, you aren't going to suddenly change your mind in a few years.....

Are weak arguments all you have?

People actually dislike the US more now than they did when Obama made that speech in Cairo, is that Bush's fault?

No, and nor did I say Egypt was our "enemy". I just pointed out that as an Ally, they are kind of useless.

For the record, except for the Brits, almost all of our allies are fucking useless. We are spending ourselves into a deep hole to keep the oil flowing and the sea lanes clear and putting out all the fires in the world, and all of these other countries are kindly thanking us by taking our jobs and markets.

Why we keep playing along, is the real question.

As an ally, England is kinda useless, that does not change the fact that they are an ally. Unlike you, the US does not base its choice of friends on what they can get out of them.

Strange how you also claim to hate greed.

Do you have some kind of serious reading comprehension problem? Because it's like what I wrote didn't even register into your brain...

I pointed out how everything you wrote is wrong, and you wonder if I read what you wrote.

One of us certainly has a reading comprehension problem.

I get it, the fact that they are killing people is our fault.

No wonder you don't think Obama apologized, you think he should have groveled for all the bad things us nasty Christians have done over the centuries.

I think we need to stop sticking our dicks into the beehive and complaining about getting stung.

If we are going to insist on playing Hall monitor in the Middle East, we'd better expect some spitballs thrown our way.

Or we can do the sensible thing and wash our hands of it and dedicate our resources to making our own country better. I don't see a point in building a school in Iraq or Afghanistan when our own are falling apart and teachers in Chicago have to go on strike to get the plumbing fixed.

You are the one demanding we give up our right to free speech because it offends some people, not me. Given that I am not even sure you understand enough to be able to discuss this with unintelligent adults, much less people that actually understand the issues involved.

The gift that keeps on giving

2iia3aw.jpg

Obama supports the military overthrow of Mubarek; a guy who he happily rubbed shoulders with. He supplies the Muslim Brotherhood with weapons to do it.

Then, he claims that they are not our ally.

How's that supposed to work?

INCOMPETENCE!

thumbnail.aspx

Yes ofcourse master, it's just that easy.

I get it, the fact that they are killing people is our fault.

No wonder you don't think Obama apologized, you think he should have groveled for all the bad things us nasty Christians have done over the centuries.

I think we need to stop sticking our dicks into the beehive and complaining about getting stung.

If we are going to insist on playing Hall monitor in the Middle East, we'd better expect some spitballs thrown our way.

Or we can do the sensible thing and wash our hands of it and dedicate our resources to making our own country better. I don't see a point in building a school in Iraq or Afghanistan when our own are falling apart and teachers in Chicago have to go on strike to get the plumbing fixed.

You are the one demanding we give up our right to free speech because it offends some people, not me. Given that I am not even sure you understand enough to be able to discuss this with unintelligent adults, much less people that actually understand the issues involved.

This isn't about "free speech" guy. It's about 65 years of bad policy...

But let's play your little game (before I go back to ignoring you) and say it's about "Free Speech".

Just because you can do a thing, doesn't mean you SHOULD do a think.

Case in point, you can walk into a biker bar and start saying horrible things about their mothers, but it probably would be a really bad idea.

And when some ex-con decides he's going to insult Islam because someone else is going to have to deal with the brunt of that... maybe we should just drop his ass back in Egypt and let him say it to their faces. Sounds reasonable to me.

But let's play your little game (before I go back to ignoring you) and say it's about "Free Speech".

Case in point, you can walk into a biker bar and start saying horrible things about their mothers, but it probably would be a really bad idea.

And when some ex-con decides he's going to insult Islam because someone else is going to have to deal with the brunt of that... maybe we should just drop his ass back in Egypt and let him say it to their faces. Sounds reasonable to me.

Obama is the one using drones to kill civilians in Yemen. Not sure why you think protest about drone strokes where the protests chant "Obama, Obama, we are all Osama" are about 65 years of bad policy, but I believe you actually have a right to be completely ignorant, so go for it.

this administration helps to overthrow the people in power in these countries and then JUST leaves the people to try and defend themselves against the wolves waiting to devour them, leaves them DEFENSLESS...

why wouldn't you think we would be SEEING this to now come back to BITE US IN THE ASS?

vote this incompetent administration out...WE ARE NOW going to PAY for them, hopefully it won't be another 9/11

What should they have done?
Given the Mubarak regime heaps of military aid maybe?

He turned Egypt form a longtime ally into something other than an ally. That makes him wrong, however you spin it.
No spin here, what should he have done differently?
If the USA continued to back Mubarak, when he was clearly about to be rejected by his own people, how would that play out for future relations with the future regime?
You now have Morsi recognising what a mess he has on his hands and trying to bring the situation under control to appease the US.

If I was going to spin it I could say that Obama has the Muslim Brotherhood dancing to his tune.
I wouldn't do that though.

Obama is the one using drones to kill civilians in Yemen. Not sure why you think protest about drone strokes where the protests chant "Obama, Obama, we are all Osama" are about 65 years of bad policy, but I believe you actually have a right to be completely ignorant, so go for it.

Why do you think allowing al qaeda a safe haven in Yemen will make things better?

Why do you think allowing al qaeda a safe haven in Yemen will make things better?

He doesn't. He's one of these people who has to be against whatever Obama is for...and for whatever Obama is against.

Oh, and as usual they tried to blame Jews for that video.

But it turns out the producer is an Egyptian-American:

The film in question is titled Innocence of Muslims, a thoroughly negative cinematic treatment of Islam's prophet Muhammad produced, according to initial press reports, by a man who presented himself as an Israeli-American real estate developer named Sam Bacile. Later research has revealed, though, that the producer is actually Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, a Coptic Egyptian-American living in California with a criminal record of bank fraud and methamphetamine manufacture.

Dr. Terry Jones has also promoted the film and stated his intention to show a 13-minute film trailer on this past September 11 to his Gainesville, Florida, church, the Dove World Outreach Center, a group that offers for sale on its website coffee mugs, t-shirts, hats, signs, and a book by Jones titled with the slogan "Islam is of the Devil." Jones and his congregation gained international attention with his 2010 announcement he would burn publicly the Koran, first recanted and then implemented on March 20, 2011.

Articles: The Islamist Death of Free Speech (and a Few Americans in the Process)

Last edited:
Oh, and as usual they tried to blame Jews for that video.

But it turns out the producer is an Egyptian-American:

The film in question is titled Innocence of Muslims, a thoroughly negative cinematic treatment of Islam's prophet Muhammad produced, according to initial press reports, by a man who presented himself as an Israeli-American real estate developer named Sam Bacile. Later research has revealed, though, that the producer is actually Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, a Coptic Egyptian-American living in California with a criminal record of bank fraud and methamphetamine manufacture.

Dr. Terry Jones has also promoted the film and stated his intention to show a 13-minute film trailer on this past September 11 to his Gainesville, Florida, church, the Dove World Outreach Center, a group that offers for sale on its website coffee mugs, t-shirts, hats, signs, and a book by Jones titled with the slogan "Islam is of the Devil." Jones and his congregation gained international attention with his 2010 announcement he would burn publicly the Koran, first recanted and then implemented on March 20, 2011.

Articles: The Islamist Death of Free Speech (and a Few Americans in the Process)

Oh, so they were trying to "blame the Jews" when the guy who made the film CLAIMED to be an Israeli, and they ran with that until they actually did due diligence and found out who he really was.

Forum List

Back