Egan-Jones downgrades US credit rating. IT IS NOT ABOUT THE DEBT LIMIT!!!!!!!

http://seekingalpha.com/article/64186-egan-jones-is-conflict-free-not-a-chance

This sort of thing is hardly unknown on the sell side. A handful of equity research shops seem to consistently write negative reports, not necessarily because they are objective, but rather (I believe) because some clients will pay them to generate negative views for a variety of reasons.

I am not saying that Egan-Jones’ ratings are driven by its largest clients. I simply don’t know. But I find it incredible that Sean Egan is so emphatic about how lily-white his investor-supported ratings model is compared to the issuer-supported model. No, Sean, it’s not!

What is more important to me is the quality of the research, and the rationale supporting a rating--be it from Egan-Jones, or Moody’s, or S&P. And from what I’ve seen of Sean Egan’s work, on that score Egan Jones does not measure up.

Good find BOO

No... we have a revenue problem. More and more people are dropping out of the middle Class tax bracket and into lower brackets, which pay less in taxes. Combine that with all the loopholes that the rich can take advantage of that everyone else cannot.... and you have one hell of a drop in revenue.

Yes.. we spend a lot. I am not denying that. But to sit there and blame one end of the spectrum alone is just partisan bullshit.

9.2% is the offical unemployment stat,, most say it's more likely 25%,, that's why obie doodle has no revenue,, he's been nasty to the business world and incurred debt on them by way of obiedoodle care.. that accounts for decrease in revenue,,

It's ABOUT DEBT TO GDP!

Egan-Jones Downgrades US From AAA To AA+ | ZeroHedge

Real GDP increased at an annualized rate of 4.0% in Q1 2011, following an increase of 3.5% rise in the prior quarter. Personal consumption expenditures, exports, and nonresidential fixed investment contributed positively to growth during the quarter. Meanwhile, imports rose sharply. In the March 2011 quarter, trade in goods and services resulted in a deficit of $562B, many because of the high price of petroleum. However, the major factor driving credit quality is the relatively high level of debt and the difficulty in significantly cutting spending. We are taking a negative action not based on the delay in raising the debt ceiling but rather our concern about the high level of debt to GDP in excess of 100% compared to Canada's 35%. Nonetheless, since the US's debt is denominated in dollars, a hard default is unlikely.

The debt ceiling is a red herring! It is the SPENDING that is the problem! HOLY FUCK come on people!!!!!!!!

Yes indeed, cut spending to Corporate aid, foreign aid, the military, and remove all deductions from taxes, and have everybody pay the same monetary amount (Not the same percentage).

This all must be part of the PREMANENT MAJORITY plan of Carl Rove.

Man are we fucked now.

If revenue drops, spending needs to drop too. Revenue is down because of the recession. The recession has continued because the Democrats have pursued anti business policies. Raising taxes is a good example of anti business anti growth policy.

Bullshit. Cutting Spending is a good example of anti-American, Hard Hearted Policy. You keep putting all this on people that can't afford to cope with it(which is most families from say.... $100k on down), you will further wreck the economy because they can't afford to buy the shit that "business" creates.

But you idiots can't see that, can you? Your precious business community can't get blood from a stone. Destroying the buying power of the people isn't going to do a damned thing for the economy.

class war fare ain't working out for ya huh? I been tole ya and tole ya when the leeches overtake the givers we are going down down down.

What in the FUCK are you babbling about? The leechers were created by the "givers" you moron. They are the ones that "bottom lined" the country to death so they could rake in more and more. They are the ones that lobby for more and more breaks on the People's Dime, They are the ones that outsourced the jobs to slave labor countries and threw our economy into the gutter.

Good God, you people are so dumb. Go worship your false God of Business and Banking, of money and power.

Gee, I have an idea. Let's stop importing oil, nationize the oil we have in the gound and require it to be refined and sold in the United States alone. Then we add a deficit reduction tax of .25 cents to each gallon for all none commercial use of gas and diseal, provide a tax credit to consumers who must commut to work using public transportation - on a dollar for dollar basis - and build new transportation systems for people, frieght and electricity.

That is against international trade laws. The only thing you can do is tax oil to subsidize wind, solar & ethanol. That would create some jobs here but the higher fuel price may cost you jobs.

Last edited:
Pretty sad huh?

They will lap up anything done in the name of their historically failed ideas.

They are just clamouring to slaves

It's ABOUT DEBT TO GDP!
No, it's about the $12 trillion GOP debt!
The GOP deliberately spent this great country into bankruptcy to kill Social Security and other programs that help the American people.

July 6, 2010
RUSH: It is said of Reagan -- I think it's true to a certain extent -- Reagan decided to starve the welfare state by creating deficits and spending

If revenue drops, spending needs to drop too. Revenue is down because of the recession. The recession has continued because the Democrats have pursued anti business policies. Raising taxes is a good example of anti business anti growth policy.

Bullshit. Cutting Spending is a good example of anti-American, Hard Hearted Policy. You keep putting all this on people that can't afford to cope with it(which is most families from say.... $100k on down), you will further wreck the economy because they can't afford to buy the shit that "business" creates.

But you idiots can't see that, can you? Your precious business community can't get blood from a stone. Destroying the buying power of the people isn't going to do a damned thing for the economy.

class war fare ain't working out for ya huh? I been tole ya and tole ya when the leeches overtake the givers we are going down down down.

People are going to eat capitalists, and you are on the menu. That simple.

What in the FUCK are you babbling about? The leechers were created by the "givers" you moron. They are the ones that "bottom lined" the country to death so they could rake in more and more. They are the ones that lobby for more and more breaks on the People's Dime, They are the ones that outsourced the jobs to slave labor countries and threw our economy into the gutter.

Good God, you people are so dumb. Go worship your false God of Business and Banking, of money and power.

51% of you leecher morons don't have a dime in the game.

No... we have a revenue problem. More and more people are dropping out of the middle Class tax bracket and into lower brackets, which pay less in taxes. Combine that with all the loopholes that the rich can take advantage of that everyone else cannot.... and you have one hell of a drop in revenue.

Yes.. we spend a lot. I am not denying that. But to sit there and blame one end of the spectrum alone is just partisan bullshit.

9.2% is the offical unemployment stat,, most say it's more likely 25%,, that's why obie doodle has no revenue,, he's been nasty to the business world and incurred debt on them by way of obiedoodle care.. that accounts for decrease in revenue,,

Bullshit... The reason for the unemployment rate falls directly on the private sector and their greed. Health Care is a non-factor. The Decrease in Revenue is because more and more Americans are either un-employed or underemployed. Outsourcing, downsizing, forcing workers to do more with less people for less money. That's not a governmental thing.... that's a corporate greed thing.

It's ABOUT DEBT TO GDP!

Egan-Jones Downgrades US From AAA To AA+ | ZeroHedge

Real GDP increased at an annualized rate of 4.0% in Q1 2011, following an increase of 3.5% rise in the prior quarter. Personal consumption expenditures, exports, and nonresidential fixed investment contributed positively to growth during the quarter. Meanwhile, imports rose sharply. In the March 2011 quarter, trade in goods and services resulted in a deficit of $562B, many because of the high price of petroleum. However, the major factor driving credit quality is the relatively high level of debt and the difficulty in significantly cutting spending. We are taking a negative action not based on the delay in raising the debt ceiling but rather our concern about the high level of debt to GDP in excess of 100% compared to Canada's 35%. Nonetheless, since the US's debt is denominated in dollars, a hard default is unlikely.

The debt ceiling is a red herring! It is the SPENDING that is the problem! HOLY FUCK come on people!!!!!!!!

This was imminent--when the Federal Government can't control their SPENDING--regardless of how many times they "raise" their credit card limit--a downgrade on our debt is in the works.

Just like your personal credit rating.

if it is so imminent then way was it ONLY the Bush appointed firm who is doing this?

Because they have a vested interest in seeing our country drug to the bathtub.

Cutting mohair subsidies is hard-hearted and anti American? In what universe?

Oh... here we go again.... I know... Federal income tax is the only tax that matters. You realize that those 50% that you worry oh so much about are barely able to survive, right? These are people making $30k or LESS. Let me show you something... you can check my math so you know I am not bullshitting you. People making $30k is the equivalent of a mother and father both working for minimum wage with mouths to feed, a roof to keep over their heads.... and THIS is your target?

By the way... those same people pay every other tax that you and I pay... they just get a break on the only one that seems to matter to you....why is that one the only one that matters to you? because your heroes at the Heritage foundation told you about it.

You mean like the manufacturing of incandescent bulbs outsourced to China....? :rolleyes:

But this is the difference between Libs and conservatives. Libs see gov't programs as generous and altruistic. Never mind it isn't their money.
Conservatives see that gov't programs tend to push people into poverty and dependence and keep them there. Conservatives are notoriously more generous with their own money than libs are. So it isn't an issue of compassion. In fact, it is the height of cruelty to make someone a serf of the state. Independence is the greatest form of charity.

Bullshit.... go off on a tangent Rabbi... You know that shit like that will get bipartisan support in cutting. Nice try at the strawman thing.

It's you CON$ who are the leechers, given tax cuts by the GOP to buy your vote. Bush's tax cuts doubled the number of CON$ervative leeches paying no income taxes, and these same CON$ervative leeches are the ones who want to make the Bush tax cuts permanent!!!!
The Libs on the average earn more than CON$ and therefore are the achievers and the CON$ are the lazy slackers.

Get a job you lazy fuck and stop leeching of the Libs!

Forum List

Back