EDITORIAL: What I Said When My White Friend Asked for My Black Opinion on White Privilege

It's not racism because it's not racism.
Now you sound like a white guy in denial.

Sorry pal. You are a race baiting POS.

No, you're just a racist pile of shit who thinks a black person pointing out racism and actually holds whites who are racists accountable is the same thing as being a racist.
Never once have I mentioned race in derogatory terms.
You on the other hand...
Calling out a POS is just that. Color has nothing to do with it.

I don't see you in threads doing this to whites. You never address the whites here making racist comments. Color has everything to do with this. Just because whites like you get your feelings hurt because there are blacks that refuse to ignore white racism doesn't make blacks doing it racists. Gaslightingdeviln't work here. And the race pimped bullshit white conservatives claim is racism isn't.
I have called out plenty of assholes on this site. You are just another.
The racism crap and angry derogatory language gets you nowhere.
You are just another division pimp and frankly have more in common with those racist white devils you rant on so much about.
You want no dialog, just head bobbing in agreement with your many and tiresome grievances.
Shove your lectures up your ass.

The author's sixth account really shows how coddled and ensconced the average white person, particularly the white male, is in this country...

6. In my freshman college tutorial, our small group of 4-5 was assigned to read Thoreau, Emerson, Malcolm X, Joseph Conrad, Dreiser, etc. When it was the week to discuss “The Autobiography of Malcolm X” one white boy boldly claimed he couldn’t even get through it because he couldn’t relate and didn’t think he should be forced to read it. I don’t remember the words I said, but I still remember the feeling – I think it’s what doctors refer to as chandelier pain – as soon as a sensitive area on a patient is touched, they shoot through the roof – that’s what I felt. I know I said something like my whole life I’ve had to read “things that don’t have anything to do with me or that I relate to” but I find a way anyway because that’s what learning is about – trying to understand other people’s perspectives. The point here is – the canon of literature studied in the United States, as well as the majority of television and movies – have focused primarily on the works or achievements of white men. So if you have never experienced or considered how damaging it is/was/could be to grow up without myriad role models and images in school that reflect you in your required reading material or in the mainstream media – that is white privilege.

Pure white fragility on display.

What do you think Asian people living in the US feel? Not a lot of Asians in history lessons in US school system either. ....y.

Sure there are.

8th of her 10 accounts...

8. While writing on a television show in my 30s, my new white male boss – who had only known me for a few days – had unbeknownst to me told another writer on staff he thought I was conceited, didn’t know as much I thought I did, and didn’t have the talent I thought I had. And what exactly had happened in those few days? I disagreed with a pitch where he suggested our lead female character carelessly leave a pot holder on the stove and burn down her apartment. This character being a professional caterer. When what he said about me was revealed months later (by then he’d come to respect and rely on me), he apologized for prejudging me because I was a black woman. I told him he was ignorant and clearly had a lot to learn. It was a good talk because he was remorseful and open. But the point here is, if you’ve never been on the receiving end of a boss’s prejudiced, uninformed “how dare she question my ideas” badmouthing based on solely on his ego and your race, you have white privilege.

It's not racism because it's not racism.
Now you sound like a white guy in denial.

Sorry pal. You are a race baiting POS.

No, you're just a racist pile of shit who thinks a black person pointing out racism and actually holds whites who are racists accountable is the same thing as being a racist.
Never once have I mentioned race in derogatory terms.
You on the other hand...
Calling out a POS is just that. Color has nothing to do with it.

I don't see you in threads doing this to whites. You never address the whites here making racist comments. Color has everything to do with this. Just because whites like you get your feelings hurt because there are blacks that refuse to ignore white racism doesn't make blacks doing it racists. Gaslightingdeviln't work here. And the race pimped bullshit white conservatives claim is racism isn't.
I have called out plenty of assholes on this site. You are just another.
The racism crap and angry derogatory language gets you nowhere.
You are just another division pimp and frankly have more in common with those racist white devils you rant on so much about.
You want no dialog, just head bobbing in agreement with your many and tiresome grievances.
Shove your lectures up your ass.

No, you are wrong. When whites here stop doing what they do, I will. And until you have the balls to go into threads by whites and confront actual racism instead of whining about me calling out continuing white racism, you know what you can do. Last white racism is a derogatory behavior, you don't get to tell me how I communicate my displeasure about it. I don't need head bobbing, the facts I post speak loud enough.

Now the OP was an editorial by a black person who was asked about white privilege. Not your silly misplaced imagination of my racism. As this is the race and racism forum, you're bitching about me following USMB rules as to what can be posted in this section. But if I was black and posting like AveryJarhman, you would not complain. What you are is apparent. So KMA.

Her ninth account...

9. On my very first date with my now husband, I climbed into his car and saw baby wipes on the passenger side floor. He said he didn’t have kids, they were just there to clean up messes in the car. I twisted to secure my seatbelt and saw a stuffed animal in the rear window. I gave him a look. He said “I promise, I don’t have kids. That’s only there so I don’t get stopped by the police.” He then told me that when he drove home from work late at night, he was getting stopped by cops constantly because he was a black man in a luxury car and they assumed it was either stolen or he was a drug dealer. When he told a cop friend about this, he told Warren to put a stuffed animal in the rear window because it would change “his profile” to that of a family man and he was much less likely to be stopped. The point here is, if you’ve never had to mask the fruits of your success with a floppy-eared, stuffed bunny rabbit so you won’t get harassed by the cops on the way home from your gainful employment (or never had a first date start this way), you have white privilege.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I have to admit I never realized not being in prison or having a criminal record was a privilege.

At least 95 percent of all blacks meet that criteria. However whites commit more crimes and it's been proven that blacks get convicted for crimes whites don't.

That's white privilege son.
Bullshit. Name a crime whites aren’t convicted of? Whites do not commit the most violent crimes. You don’t do a fair comparison. Repeat offenders? Severity of crime?

Her tenth and final account...

10. Six years ago, I started a Facebook page that has grown into a website called Good Black News because I was shocked to find there were no sites dedicated solely to publishing the positive things black people do. (And let me explain here how biased the coverage of mainstream media is in case you don’t already have a clue – as I curate, I can’t tell you how often I have to swap out a story’s photo to make it as positive as the content. Photos published of black folks in mainstream media are very often sullen or angry-looking. Even when it’s a positive story! I also have to constantly alter headlines to 1) include a person’s name and not have it just be “Black Man Wins Settlement” or “Carnegie Hall Gets 1st Black Board Member” or 2) rephrase it from a subtle subjugator like “ABC taps Viola Davis as Series Lead” to “Viola Davis Lands Lead on ABC Show” as is done for say, Jennifer Aniston or Steven Spielberg.) I also receive a fair amount of highly offensive racist trolling. I don’t even respond. I block and delete ASAP. The point here is – not having to rewrite stories, headlines or swap photos while being trolled by racists when all you’re trying to do on a daily basis is promote positivity and share stories of hope and achievement and justice – that is white privilege.

10. Six years ago, I started a Facebook page that has grown into a website called Good Black News because I was shocked to find there were no sites dedicated solely to publishing the positive things black people do. (And let me explain here how biased the coverage of mainstream media is in case you don’t already have a clue – as I curate, I can’t tell you how often I have to swap out a story’s photo to make it as positive as the content. Photos published of black folks in mainstream media are very often sullen or angry-looking. Even when it’s a positive story! I also have to constantly alter headlines to 1) include a person’s name and not have it just be “Black Man Wins Settlement” or “Carnegie Hall Gets 1st Black Board Member” or 2) rephrase it from a subtle subjugator like “ABC taps Viola Davis as Series Lead” to “Viola Davis Lands Lead on ABC Show” as is done for say, Jennifer Aniston or Steven Spielberg.) I also receive a fair amount of highly offensive racist trolling. I don’t even respond. I block and delete ASAP. The point here is – not having to rewrite stories, headlines or swap photos while being trolled by racists when all you’re trying to do on a daily basis is promote positivity and share stories of hope and achievement and justice – that is white privilege.

And despite this fact, these racists want to falsely whine about how the media favors blacks.

Is there anything in life that doesn't trigger you people?

We are not responsible for your feelings of inadequacy and oppression paranoia.

You are responsible for the racism you continue to practice that is based on white inadequacy and paranoia.

You are responsible for the racism you continue to practice that is based on white inadequacy and paranoia.

I practice liberty and freedom.
You should try it sometime.

BTW, I remember growing up when I wasn't considered to be white.
I remember being called names, hit, spit upon.
What didn't kill me made me stronger.

We know.

You and many other whites in this racist country simply don't give a rat about black people.

No need to advertise it.
You assume all black people are whiney little victims, and whitey has to care for in order for blacks to survive, but whitey can survive without blacks caring for them.

Anybody that depends on others to care about them should get off the porch and grow up.

Forum List

Back