Editorial: China is a growing menace

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Not sure where to post this, but here it goes.

A once-civilized sports competition became a "war" between China and Japan in the 2004 Asian Cup final at the Workers' Stadium in Beijing. China's sports fans are sore losers. They besieged the Japanese team buses, pounded a limousine carrying a Japanese embassy official, and burned Japanese flags. This sort of irrational behavior sets an extremely bad example and displays the barbarity of the Chinese people, something they try so hard to hide from the eyes of the world.

freeandfun1 said:
Not sure where to post this, but here it goes.

Agreed. China is a menace and will remain so for a long time.

Part of it is history and part of it is political. The Chinese government has been trying to exert its influence either directy or indirectly on the Eastern Pacific Rim for centuries.

I'm afraid that we will eventually be at war with the Middle Kingdom.

It's only proof that stupid people are to be found in all parts of the world. Sports fan hooliganism doesnot constitute a threat to the world. If that were the case we would have invaded Britain rather than Iraq.

I just came out of an international business. One from the wire industry. This may sound trivial to some people, but it is the basis of local and national industries.
China, Tawain, Korea, etc... governments are funding their metal businesses in a way that mixes communism and capitalism. They are taking over the foundation of the world's economy in this way.
There is no way to compete with these companies, because they have the backing of their governments (financially). It's to the point where they buy all of the scrap metal for material, at such an inflation that American companies can't offord to buy it (without raising prices substantially).
I will come to the point where you have to pay $5 for a screw at Home Depot, because the Asians are the only ones making them. Well I have news for you. That doesn't just affect screws and nails. IT AFFECTS THE PRICES OF CARS, HOME FURNISHINGS, COMPUTERS, CONSTRUCTION, TRANSPORTATION, FENCING, GADGETS, MATTRESSES, WIRING, ETC...... Everything will cost substantially more, just because the price of the metal that makes them/supports them goes uncontrollably up.
And more than this, the industry of producing and working with metal will no longer exist in the US. I've heard a few politicians address restoring jobs in the US. I've never heard any politician address the fact that we are losing entire industries in the US. Steel Mills, Rolling Mills, Machine Shops are all going out of business. They are the ones that feed the businesses that use the parts that they produce. That's why they really are the foundation of local/national industries.
To conclude, yes war is enivitable. But WAKE UP!!!! The war has already started. Only, they are not fighting with guns, tanks, and planes. They are destroying our economy. After that, they will not even need guns, tanks, or planes.

KarlMarx said:
Agreed. China is a menace and will remain so for a long time.

Part of it is history and part of it is political. The Chinese government has been trying to exert its influence either directy or indirectly on the Eastern Pacific Rim for centuries.

I'm afraid that we will eventually be at war with the Middle Kingdom.

Forum List

Back