Not a big fan of Tom Cruise, but it is awesome he thumbed his nose at China...good for him .....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Apparently, Tom Cruise put the Taiwanese Flag back into his movie.....and the movie, from what I have heard, especially from my favorite movie reviewer....The Critical Drinker, rocks.........true blue American film....finally....after all the dreck hollywood has been putting out...

Bending over to the Chinese is the tactic hollywood has been doing for over a decade......now that China is starting to really put the pressure on Hollywood to conform...some people are starting to say.......

No.

But there’s one market that may never see the film released. The 1.2 billion consumers of American pop culture in China may not be allowed to see the film because of its unabashedly pro-American messaging.

Paramount Pictures may have also upset the Chinese by adding back Japanese and Taiwanese flags to Cruise’s leather flight jacket after the Chinese backer of the film, Tencent, demanded they be removed in 2019.
-------
It probably cost Skydance Media, the film’s producer, a lot of money to add those emblems back to Cruise’s flight jacket. But perhaps Hollywood has turned a corner. Perhaps filmmakers have decided that freedom of expression is more important than pleasing the Communists in Beijing.
-----

When the film was shown in Taiwan, the audience erupted in cheers.

Apparently, Tom Cruise put the Taiwanese Flag back into his movie.....and the movie, from what I have heard, especially from my favorite movie reviewer....The Critical Drinker, rocks.........true blue American film....finally....after all the dreck hollywood has been putting out...

Bending over to the Chinese is the tactic hollywood has been doing for over a decade......now that China is starting to really put the pressure on Hollywood to conform...some people are starting to say.......

No.

But there’s one market that may never see the film released. The 1.2 billion consumers of American pop culture in China may not be allowed to see the film because of its unabashedly pro-American messaging.

Paramount Pictures may have also upset the Chinese by adding back Japanese and Taiwanese flags to Cruise’s leather flight jacket after the Chinese backer of the film, Tencent, demanded they be removed in 2019.

-------
It probably cost Skydance Media, the film’s producer, a lot of money to add those emblems back to Cruise’s flight jacket. But perhaps Hollywood has turned a corner. Perhaps filmmakers have decided that freedom of expression is more important than pleasing the Communists in Beijing.
-----

The Chinese money that was backing Hollywood productions is drying up along with their influence on who and what gets shown.

No.

-------
-----

You're much more into America's foreign violence now. You lost something on domestic gun violence when you turned to compromise and you were attacked by the most active pro-gunners on this board.

No.

-------
-----

You couldn’t pay me to watch that piece of crap

The Chinese money that was backing Hollywood productions is drying up along with their influence on who and what gets shown.

China stole every technique hollywood had, used hollywood to undermine the United States, and like a wealthy "John," China is leaving the hollywood prostitute at the curb without paying...

No.

-------
-----

Love it..

You see it...? A lot of love for this film from people who have seen it.......
Haven't seen it, but I've heard good things about it. Apparently, the name "Maverick" is moving up the charts of baby names 2022...signs are that it is going to be a massive block buster.

My oldest step-son looks like a blonder version of Cruz--they even sound a lot a like. He's also in the military--- so it's just weird.

A trend I hope will keep on going; doing business with that nasty scumbag regime is a giant shame and blight on our history.

Possible it goes over a billion?
World wide? I dunno. But it is going to do some amazing box office. And it deserves to.

As a completely I asked for aside, the woman who plays “phoenix” in the movie seems familiar to me. I found her attractive but I can’t place what other movies or shows I might have seen her in.

Forum List

Back