Ed Schultz: Cain is pandering to white Republicans

October 14, 2011 1:28pm 1179 Comments
Schultz says 'break' is a 'southern racist term'
byJoel Gehrke Commentary Staff Writer
Follow on Twitter:mad:jsgehrkejr
MSNBC host Ed Schultz believes that Herman Cain, pictured, is telling "white Republicans who don't like black folks . . . what they want to hear." / AP

Ed Schultz, host of MSNBC's the Ed Show, believes that Republican presidential contender Herman Cain is pandering to "white Republicans out there who don't like black folks" and accused Sen. Jim Demint, R-S.C., of using racist langauge in his opposition to Obamacare.

Snip

Georgetown professor Michael Eric Dyson agreed with Schultz's suggestion and accused Cain of denying racism for the sake of his "great machinery of self-promotion." Dyson said that Cain should especially recognize "post-intentional racism" - racism that people don't intend to have or to act upon.

Wait a cotton picking minute here! I can be racist without intending to be racist?

Cain is pandering to white republicans that don't like blacks?

Seems to me, if Cain is pandering to anyone, it's Americans that don't like one black individual for reasons other than his race.

This makes perfect sense because according to the liberals: there are NO BLACK REPUBLICANS. Who else would be Herman's target audience? Black liberals?

MSNBC host Ed Schultz believes that Herman Cain, pictured, is telling "white Republicans who don't like black folks . . . what they want to hear." / AP

Ed Schultz, host of MSNBC's the Ed Show, believes that Republican presidential contender Herman Cain is pandering to "white Republicans out there who don't like black folks" and accused Sen. Jim Demint, R-S.C., of using racist langauge in his opposition to Obamacare.

Snip

Georgetown professor Michael Eric Dyson agreed with Schultz's suggestion and accused Cain of denying racism for the sake of his "great machinery of self-promotion." Dyson said that Cain should especially recognize "post-intentional racism" - racism that people don't intend to have or to act upon.

Wait a cotton picking minute here! I can be racist without intending to be racist?

Seems to me, if Cain is pandering to anyone, it's Americans that don't like one black individual for reasons other than his race.

This makes perfect sense because according to the liberals: there are NO BLACK REPUBLICANS. Who else would be Herman's target audience? Black liberals?
he had one Hell of a following on talk radio with his own show...and when he filled in for Boortz...Myself one of them...

Snip

Well if you actually broke down the GOP, you wold see they are mostly White, so yes Cain is pandering to a select group. Mostly the tea party and the loud fringe that entered the political landscape.

Some are racists sure, and will only use Cain to get Obama out, if he could win. He wont win so it doesnt matter. I've been saying Cain has been pandering for months now.

Shrug.

Racist ASSHOLE.

Why would Conservatives have to prove anything but picking an individual they think can do the job?

Ball is back in your rascist court...OAF.

Simple hypothesis: Republicans will not vote for a black candidate in significant numbers at either the state or national level

Now it is a difficult hypothesis to prove correct. If Republicans do not vote for Cain in the primaries it does not prove that they will not vote for a black candidate because there are hundreds of reasons they might not have voted for Cain
However, it is an easy hypothesis to disprove. By voting in a black candidate at the state or national level they would prove the hypothesis wrong. To date, they have not proven it wrong

Therefore, it is still a valid hypothesis

Well since you said state or national level you are already wrong. Time to think of the next way to make up my own rules on what makes you racist.

OK

Then name a black candidate that Republicans have elected where everyone on the state or nation has had a chance to vote for

There are none

Keep it up Schultz! the more he bashes Cain, the more black viewers he will lose, and they will watch CNN & FOX instead.

Really? Are you an expert in the black community.
You don't have to be a "expert", the black community has few individuals and acts more as a group, thus making them very predicable.

Did you predict Obama winning?

97 rep power? I wonder how many posters who bash me for being a black racist, positive rep you?

Edward William Brooke, III

In 1966, Edward William Brooke was elected as a Republican to the United States Senate and re-elected in 1972. He was the first African American Senator born in Washington, DC and the first African American Senator to serve since the Reconstruction era. He graduated from Howard University in 1941 and from Boston University Law School in 1948. Brooke moved to Massachusetts and became the first African American to win a statewide office in Massachusetts when he was elected attorney general in 1962. He was re-elected in 1964. Brooke was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom on June 23, 2004 by President George W. Bush.

I will admit though I did make a mistake in that I was thinking of Allen West as example, but he doesn't qualify... anyways...

So does Mayor Micheal Nutter hate black people too? Or are only democrats allowed to espouse the same logic as Cain, and not be labelled whatever you choose. He was applauded by many, but all the sudden a guy comes with the same perspective from across the aisle and he is a salf hating Uncle Tom.

Really? Are you an expert in the black community.
You don't have to be a "expert", the black community has few individuals and acts more as a group, thus making them very predicable.

Did you predict Obama winning?

97 rep power? I wonder how many posters who bash me for being a black racist, positive rep you?

lol the guys a moron, I find it funny he calls you a racist but somehow saying that their are no black individuals doesn't qualify. Yet you are a racist for pointing out that conservatives are mostly white.

Schultz is a fucking retard.... 'nuff said.
What I don't understand is why anybody cares what the guy says. He has a viewership roughly equivalent to the KTRH evening news in Houston. More people went to the last Astros game than watch this man.

How is Herman Cain more qualified to be president than Ed Schultz?

Dunno anything about him.
This thread is at 130 odd posts over some insignificant talking head that only seems to have as many viewers as there are posters at USMB.

Cain is not a loon.

I'm afraid he is

Most Americans do not even know who the fuck he is

Most don't know who you are. Does that make you a loon?

And he's not. He's accomplished, intelligent and living the dream. I don't think he's going to win the nomination. But I'm not counting him out entirely.

Cain is not accomplished....he is a low level businessman and radio talkshow host

Yes, he is living a dream......that he has a chance of being president

I'm afraid he is

And he's not. He's accomplished, intelligent and living the dream. I don't think he's going to win the nomination. But I'm not counting him out entirely.

Cain is not accomplished....he is a low level businessman and radio talkshow host

He has a hell of a lot better chance at being President come January of 2013 than barack obama does.

Cain is not a loon.

I'm afraid he is

You lead a very protected life, don't you. Most Americans do know who Herman is, but I suppose in your circle, no one dare talk about him lest someone think independently.

You overestimate the political savvy of the typical voter. Those who hang out on message boards know all about him. The typical American who hangs out at WalMart wouldn't know what you are talking about

In terms of name recognition, Cain is not on the charts with 9% name recognition

http://www.nj.com/njvoices/index.ssf/2011/10/republican_presidential_hopefu.html

Last edited:

He has a hell of a lot better chance at being President come January of 2013 than barack obama does.

Current polls don't support that

Forum List

Back