Ed Koch about Palin: (Democrats) are nuts if they think she's dumb; she's very smart"

Woman is going to turn into a lightening rod. She might be this generation's Nixon the way things are going.

Amazing the white hot hate the comes flowing when her name is mentioned. Rational people start behaving very badly, and the irrational go totally off the rails.

She is pretty much getting 75% of the notice from both sides. It may do her a lot of good. The biggest haters of her have thrown away their reputations already.

It will be fun

Here is a question for you...do you think her quitting as Governor of Alaska has any bearing on her qualifications to run for political office again? Yes or no.

Not that you asked me, but no, considering the circumstances under which she resigned, which involved legal harassment. I take it you feel otherwise.

Why?

She quit...the American people frown on that. But keep in mind, the other Republicans running for President in 21012 will have first crack at her if she runs...do you think they won't harp on it?

I seriously doubt she'll run in 2012, but if she does, and they do, so what? She must know she'll have to answer for it.

But your question asked pacifically about any bearing her resignation has on her qualifications. Resigning didn't disqualify her. It's just one more thing for her haters to hit her with.

Those who like her don't care. Sorta like BO and Ayers. Or BO and Wright. Or BO and the lousy economy. Or BO and unemployment. There will always be a solid 45% who love BO - no matter what. Sarah has a similarly loyal base.

He's right. Palin ain't a dummy at all.

I think she's pretty savvy and smart.

Just wait for it. Wait for it. She's a quitter will be hitting the thread any minute now??? LOL

Here is a question for you...do you think her quitting as Governor of Alaska has any bearing on her qualifications to run for political office again? Yes or no.

The Hussein has been President for almost 2 years and he is still the least qualified.

At this point, anyone with a shred of common sense is more qualified than the Marxist piece of shit in office now.

Yeah, 17 months is almost 2 years,

in base 16.

lolol what a tard.

If Palin is so great, why is it only the idiot conservatives on usmb support her? The intelligent cons around here don't want anything to do with her.

The Hussein has been President for almost 2 years and he is still the least qualified.

At this point, anyone with a shred of common sense is more qualified than the Marxist piece of shit in office now.

in base 16.

lolol what a tard.
If you want to insult someone for being stupid, it is best not to make such a lame mistake.

It would be base 8, I think.

Not that you asked me, but no, considering the circumstances under which she resigned, which involved legal harassment. I take it you feel otherwise.

Why?

She quit...the American people frown on that. But keep in mind, the other Republicans running for President in 21012 will have first crack at her if she runs...do you think they won't harp on it?

She quit because the left made it impossible for her to do her job for the state. It was honorable and it was the right thing to do.

It also sets her apart from everyone else in politics, who would see it as a point of honor to drag Alaska and her tax payers through bogus lawsuit after bogus lawsuit after frivolous investigation after bizarre accusation and back around the block again.

Why?

She quit because the left made it impossible for her to do her job for the state. It was honorable and it was the right thing to do.

It also sets her apart from everyone else in politics, who would see it as a point of honor to drag Alaska and her tax payers through bogus lawsuit after bogus lawsuit after frivolous investigation after bizarre accusation and back around the block again.
its not just that she quit

its more that she quit leaving the mess she created without fixing it first
the whole reason she was getting harassed by the libs with frivolous lawsuts is SHE pushed through a law that allowed that to be done with no repercussions

THAT is why i wouldnt vote for her for a nationwide office at this time

in base 16.

lolol what a tard.
If you want to insult someone for being stupid, it is best not to make such a lame mistake.

It would be base 8, I think.

We're both right, I think. You're converting the 24 months to base 8, I was converting the 17 months to base 16.

24 base 8 is 20. 17 base 16 is 23. You would have been closer in base 7.

I think Palin would be perfect on the republican ticket in 2012!!! Please, please, please let this happen. The comedy of hearing her explain how she has foreign policy experience because her state borders Russia, or which magazines she reads, or who our founding fathers are....I'd love to hear her worldly views again.

the whole reason she was getting harassed by the libs with frivolous lawsuts is SHE pushed through a law that allowed that to be done with no repercussions

it wasn't just he Democrats going after her Con, the Republican good ole boys network was also. she beat out an "entrenched" Republican and went after them as well as the Democrats to clean up ethical standards. so you can think what you want, but she resigned for the reasons stated. it was costing the people and the State of Alaska from OVER 20 frivolous lawsuits to date. if we had MORE politicians who did that, we all would be better off.

it wasn't just he Democrats going after her Con, the Republican good ole boys network was also. she beat out an "entrenched" Republican and went after them as well as the Democrats to clean up ethical standards. so you can think what you want, but she resigned for the reasons stated. it was costing the people and the State of Alaska from OVER 20 frivolous lawsuits to date. if we had MORE politicians who did that, we all would be better off.
yes, but you are ignoring the fact that SHE pushed through the law that allowed that to happen, then quit without trying to correct her error

edit to add:
btw, if you are going to shorten my handle, use either "Dive" or you can use "DC" too
my handle has ZERO to do with politics

Last edited:

yes, but you are ignoring the fact that SHE pushed through the law that allowed that to happen, then quit without trying to correct her error

can you please show this. I lived there and don't remember any such thing.

sorry, this came out right after she resigned
i guess you didnt pay attention
when she got into office she was hellbent on making it easier to go after the corrupt politician(a good thing) but in the way she did it left not only HER but ALL politicians open to frivolous lawsuits
she didnt put anything in the bill to protect from them
i dont have the links you will ask for, but then, its not really that imporant to me

and before you start thinking i'm some lib just hating on her, you should know that i was a very enthusiastic supporter of hers before she resigned
her resigning and leaving that mess for someone else to fix is inexcusable

sorry, this came out right after she resigned
i guess you didnt pay attention
when she got into office she was hellbent on making it easier to go after the corrupt politician(a good thing) but in the way she did it left not only HER but ALL politicians open to frivolous lawsuits
she didnt put anything in the bill to protect from them
i dont have the links you will ask for, but then, its not really that imporant to me

and before you start thinking i'm some lib just hating on her, you should know that i was a very enthusiastic supporter of hers before she resigned
her resigning and leaving that mess for someone else to fix is inexcusable

I was never going to accuse you of being a lib just hating on her. I was just trying to figure out what you were talking about.
sorry you felt that way.

Why?

I seriously doubt she'll run in 2012, but if she does, and they do, so what? She must know she'll have to answer for it.

But your question asked pacifically about any bearing her resignation has on her qualifications. Resigning didn't disqualify her. It's just one more thing for her haters to hit her with.

Those who like her don't care. Sorta like BO and Ayers. Or BO and Wright. Or BO and the lousy economy. Or BO and unemployment. There will always be a solid 45% who love BO - no matter what. Sarah has a similarly loyal base.

Ditto.

Palin will always have those that like her and those that hate her. Way of the world.

Personally I don't think she will run for anything. Why the hell should she?? She's making a damned good living doing what she's doing. She certainly has clout. She has the rabid left on her ass for any and all and those that like her could care less.

Pretty damned good place to be in my book. LOL

I think Palin would be perfect on the republican ticket in 2012!!! Please, please, please let this happen. The comedy of hearing her explain how she has foreign policy experience because her state borders Russia, or which magazines she reads, or who our founding fathers are....I'd love to hear her worldly views again.

Kinda funny that.

Like OL'BO had tons of foreign policy experience?? NOT

Shit. The guy had no experience whatsoever but you had no problem voting for him to be the Prez. Didn't seem to bother you one bit.

His foreign policy, you know, bow to all and kiss alls ass, doesn't seem to be working to well either.

I'm sure he'll work on it though. Never can tell when a good bow and a good ass kissing will come in handy. LOL

Forum List

Back