Economics 101

Conservatives stop at Econ 101 when the real complex world requires you to go through Econ 201 through Econ 505 to fully understand it.

Taking a class that explains things with 'widgets' is a theory class, no application.
Conservatives stop at Econ 101 when the real complex world requires you to go through Econ 201 through Econ 505 to fully understand it.

Taking a class that explains things with 'widgets' is a theory class, no application.

There you have it. Well said. Economics is a social science, not a science. And trying to spend your time placing the blame for everything that happens economically on any president is just plain stupid. You can look at economic theory until you are cross eyed, and not be sure if you know what happened, much less what is going to happen.
At the same time, you can look at economic history and learn a good deal, assuming you are honest about it. Problem with this board is that way too many are simply trying to back up their agenda. Many paid to do so. Which makes their statements worthless. As in this thread.
Personally, I never could get interested in Milton, and others that were self avowed Libertarians. Economists of that ilk were all the rage through the 80's, but then when they were found to be empirically wrong so often, they became about as popular as a fart in church. They went out of demand quickly, and transitioned from a position of some power to has beens rather quickly. Milton more so, as people realized that as a libertarian he was loyal to an economic system that did not exist, and never had.
I have to admit that my economics came from more centrist sources, as those in nearly all schools do. Milton Friedman would be better suited to colleges of the Liberty or Regent University ilk. Not actual colleges of higher learning, and not of learning without agenda. Years ago, the concept of teaching Libertarian economics as a leading theory died a past do death.

This should be a mandatory class for every liberal in America. There is not one thing here in the video that could even be remotely disputed. Not one.

Milton Friedman Part I: Economics 101
Which has led to how many Stock Markets crashes?
Too many.
Any "stock market crash" experienced was exponentially less devastating than the permanent crashes that left-wing policy caused in the former U.S.S.R., Cuba, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Vietnam, etc.
Milton "Ayn Rand" Friedman...Paid shill for Unfettered Capitalism.
Pure horse crap.
Try driving without rules and see how long it takes for tragedy to strike.

Why should I listen to these asses who helped crash our asses in 2008.............Yeah allowing the too big to fail to self regulate was such a great idea.......

As great as this.........I like to hit my head with a hammer because it feels so good when I stop.
Um....."too big to fail" is the result of left-wing government intervention, genius. True free-market would result in those banks, companies, etc. failing. :rofl:
Ever hear of the Industrial Revolution?
Did enough people die to make you happy?

let's see what his monetary policies did under Reagan:

cpi.png

Why should I listen to these asses who helped crash our asses in 2008.............Yeah allowing the too big to fail to self regulate was such a great idea.......

As great as this.........I like to hit my head with a hammer because it feels so good when I stop.
Um....."too big to fail" is the result of left-wing government intervention, genius. True free-market would result in those banks, companies, etc. failing. :rofl:
Social democratic market economy practices are not left wing. Unregulated free market means incredible crashes, child labor, and the decline of the workers' health medically, economically, and culturally. You are a far, far right ignoramus.

Social democratic market economy practices are not left wing. Unregulated free market means incredible crashes, child labor, and the decline of the workers' health medically, economically, and culturally. You are a far, far right ignoramus.

Funniest thing I've read at UMSB all day, "Social democratic market economy practices are not left wing."

LOL

Awesome Jake!

Sent this to John Oliver and tell him you want to be his head comedy writer

In the rational world, they are not left wing.

In the rational world, you are so far right, you make JimBowie look mainstream.

Funniest thing I've read at UMSB all day, "Social democratic market economy practices are not left wing."

LOL

Awesome Jake!

Sent this to John Oliver and tell him you want to be his head comedy writer
What can we expect from our beloved Jake? He thinks the R party is a radical right wing Nazi organization about to take over the WORLD.

I tried to get him psychological help, because I so care about him, but he told me to F**K off. Oh well.

actually crashes:
1) have mostly been caused by govt interference in economy
self regulation worked fine, massive govt interference in the economy didn't
Self regulation NEVER worked and only produced repeated "PANICS."
Government regulation didn't begin until the Civil War but there were panics of 1814, 1817, 1819, 1837, 1839, 1842, 1857 and 1861 before the first banking regulation was ever passed.

actually crashes:
Government regulation didn't begin until the Civil War but there were panics of 1814, 1817, 1819, 1837, 1839, 1842, 1857 and 1861 before the first banking regulation was ever passed.
Yet you think government regulations work ignoring all the evidence of failure. Government regulations can work, if we had honest law abiding politicians....but we don't. Government is really code for Mafia.

actually crashes:
They were mostly local and all self corrected. FDR and the Fed combined their efforts to make the world worst economic collapse

Jake, your post only makes sense when you substitute the phrase "my own personal Bizzaroland private Idaho" for "rational world"

What can we expect from our beloved Jake? He thinks the R party is a radical right wing Nazi organization about to take over the WORLD. I tried to get him psychological help, because I so care about him, but he told me to F**K off. Oh well.
:lol: Good morning, gipper. You are engaged in your role as the libertarian equivalent of Alinsky, imposing your beliefs on me and then demonizing them. The mainstream GOP is mainstream America, for a fact. The TPM and other far right groups are fascistic in some aspects, yes. But your thinking is often as rigid as a Nazi so we give you the due you deserve as a libertarian, nothing.

Jake, your post only makes sense when you substitute the phrase "my own personal Bizzaroland private Idaho" for "rational world"
You are now engaging in your own Alinsky imposition of your silliness on me. You are a far supporter of failed economic theories. Go to.

actually crashes:
They were mostly local and all self corrected. FDR and the Fed combined their efforts to make the world worst economic collapse
Just a pure bullshit lie. Every panic I listed was national in scope involving most or all the banks. You are dishonestly conflating "bank runs," which ARE local, with full scale national PANICS.

Since your first sentence is such an obvious LIE, why should anyone believe your second sentence is any less bullshit?

Forum List

Back