Economic Impact of the ACA real and imaginary

Once the GOP has gained some power using the ACA as a soap box they are going to run away from it as fast as possible. Fixing the ACA requires that they admit they have been off message all along and the people will not be happy with that. Repealing it will only piss the people off more and quite frankly is impossible.
That is absolute rubbish.

A full repeal is the only logical thing to do with obamacare, since there is no "fixing it." The entire law is one gigantic cluster fuck that just keeps getting worse by the day. The dems rammed this down the majority of Americans throats against their will, and it will be the VAST majority now, because there are even democrats that have joined the ranks, that will be ecstatic to see it fully repealed.

Full repeal and LOGICAL solutions to health care reform is what we'll see once conservatives hold congress and take majority control of the senate in November, all on obamacare. The people will elect them specifically to REPEAL obamacare, and they will, WITH help from democrats. They'll repeal it with a veto proof majority, so whether obama likes it or not, it's going to be gone.

Last edited:
ACA will have BLOWBACK, without a doubt.

What kind of blowback, you ask?

If we knew the answer to that question, it would not be blowback.

When has a government program that involved extensive and intrusive regulation benefitted the economy? Yeah, this is no different.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Here's the thing....

One of the principal phrases in insurance is "adverse risk".

The entire industry is now awash in it...

premiums will not cover the losses.
The risk corridor's are temporary.... and soon will leave the losses to the companies this will break them and that is when we will see single payor.
Which was the plan behind the Unaffordable Care Act all along. It's a warming frogs in a pot type of thing.

A full repeal is the only logical thing to do with obamacare, since there is no "fixing it." The entire law is one gigantic cluster fuck that just keeps getting worse by the day. The dems rammed this down the majority of Americans throats against their will, and it will be the VAST majority now, because there are even democrats that have joined the ranks, that will be ecstatic to see it fully repealed.
Yep, and people forget this is a democratic republic. While it is a monumentally difficult task to drive a stake through the heart of any government program we can rewrite the laws. The ACA has so many moving parts that I think most of the supporters will start demanding change.

Yep, and people forget this is a democratic republic. While it is a monumentally difficult task to drive a stake through the heart of any government program we can rewrite the laws. The ACA has so many moving parts that I think most of the supporters will start demanding change.

As many democrats as we've already seen running from it, laughing at it and openly ridiculing it, as soon as they're no longer in power and they know they owe no more allegiance to obama, I'd go as far as to say that a good HALF of all dems in power SUPPORT a full repeal of obamacare. After they see how many of them get wiped out in November, the ones that are left are going to want to appear "sensible," so they'll jump on the "full repeal with sensible reform" bandwagon with the conservatives.

But regardless, there literally is no way obamacare can survive. Even though obama has illegally changed and/or delayed the implementation of the law 29 times, sooner or later it will all have to kick in, and there is no way the bill, as it's written, can survive. It will crumble under it's own weight, or bankrupt the entire nations economy.

Last edited:
Full repeal and LOGICAL solutions to health care reform is what we'll see once conservatives hold congress and take majority control of the senate in November, all on obamacare. The people will elect them specifically to REPEAL obamacare, and they will, WITH help from democrats. They'll repeal it with a veto proof majority, so whether obama likes it or not, it's going to be gone.

By my back of the envelope calculation, to get a "veto proof majority" the GOP only has to hold all 15 Senate seats they are defending and pick up 22 of the available 21 Democratic seats up for election. Good luck with that.

By my back of the envelope calculation, to get a "veto proof majority" the GOP only has to hold all 15 Senate seats they are defending and pick up 22 of the available 21 Democratic seats up for election. Good luck with that.

Or they might reach across the aisle to one or two Democrats who are disgusted with their president and party. There are some of those, right?

I'm baffled by your apparent belief that the ACA will cure itself of some major flaws and continue on without wholesale changes, FA. Do you not understand that the delays on things like the employer mandate are because the Obama Administration and the Democrats who voted for the ACA are scared to death about the public's reaction when they learn what the true effects of this legislation will be? They pushed that back until AFTER the upcoming mid-terms because they don't want people figuring out what the ACA really means for their bottom line. At some point when this stuff DOES kick in...all hells going to break out. My guess is that will happen just as Barry, Harry and Nancy exit stage left...leaving someone else to answer the screams of outrage that will be heard throughout the land.

The GOP is simply seeking control of the Senate so that their legislation finally makes it to the President's desk. At that point pressure becomes squarely on Barack Obama. Is he simply going to veto everything? Or is he going to come to the table and start compromising...something that he hasn't done since taking office.

My guess is that will happen just as Barry, Harry and Nancy exit stage left...leaving someone else to answer the screams of outrage that will be heard throughout the land.
They're hoping that Hillary will be left holding the bag and asking "What difference does it make"?

This is one point on which I fully agree with Old Fart. The closest analog to Obama in US history is Woodrow Wilson who overplayed a divided opposition and a successful war to elect Harding and obviously unneeded veto proof R majorities in both houses. So, for the last two years of this administration expect investigations of everything and bills that the American people support that the president can't sign without blowing up his base.

What is being ignored by both sides in this debate and especially Republicans is their overplaying their hand in a gimme is the main danger. ACA should not be repealed, that would be a repeat of passing prohibition. The smart move is to make it state optional as with the repeal movement. That way if the partial split of the GOP becomes total the Ds cannot gain an advantage.

Republicans is their overplaying their hand in a gimme is the main danger. ACA should not be repealed, that would be a repeat of passing prohibition.
Huh?
ACA is popular in a very limited number of states, about 10 by my count and at least six by anyone's count. All 15 of the state exchange states chose to become so. If they want to have capital and talent flight in and out based on who loves themselves some socialized and who doesn't that should be accommodated.

Who do you think will move in to the ACA states and who out? Medicaid and food stamp beneficiaries will move in and people who want lower taxes and less bureaucracy will move out. That will tend to concentrate D votes in a minority of states and transfer talent and capital out of D hands even faster than the 3 to 1 rate that has held since the meltdown. Do you have a problems with that?

Last edited:
Who do you think will move in to the ACA states and who out? Medicaid and food stamp beneficiaries will move in
I submit the overwhelming majority of medicaid and food stamp beneficiaries have never given serious thought to uprooting their families to relocate to another state based on research they've done or what they've heard about benefits for those with lower income in other states.

Relocating is expensive (both financially and emotionally) that is why you often see articles/interviews with people who won't even consider moving when there are no jobs available.

Who do you think will move in to the ACA states and who out? Medicaid and food stamp beneficiaries will move in
I submit the overwhelming majority of medicaid and food stamp beneficiaries have never given serious thought to uprooting their families to relocate to another state based on research they've done or what they've heard about benefits for those with lower income in other states.

Relocating is expensive (both financially and emotionally) that is why you often see articles/interviews with people who won't even consider moving when there are no jobs available.

And I "submit" that the reason you had large populations of Puerto Ricans moving into Massachusetts back in the 70's and 80's was because of that States very generous welfare regulations. They sure as heck didn't move there for the climate! They moved there because they had friends and or relatives who were there and told them how good it was.

Your notion that people on assistance aren't aware of what is being offered by one State as opposed to another is amusing. Trust me...they know...

Letting things get settled with U-Hauls and Greyhounds works better than polarized partisanship and whole bunches better than guns.

Forum List

Back