economic growth picked up 2.5% last quarter

They went from having no broker rules in place to being excempt from the rules right up until about 4 or 5 days before Bush had to go on TV and annouce we were in deep do do huh?

So it wasn't the years of having low interest rates, the years of the low teaser rate and 30 year fixed, along with the reckless borrowing by many across the board which lead to the financial crisis. It was a small temporary transitioning exemption for merging banks which lead to it all...

That's an interesting theory there.

WHAT ?

dude provide us with all these rules you claim were being implimented and links to them and who wrote them.

remember you claimed it.

Now are you as a claimed brokery guy not aware of the sub prime being rolled into mortgage securites and sold off as triple AAA instead of the turds they really were?

Not aware of all the activity which triggered the crisis? Shocker...

dude provide us with all these rules you claim were being implimented and links to them and who wrote them.

remember you claimed it.

I gave you one, and all I need is one. If I go through every single piece of regulation presented by your country, I'd be here all night. And I don't have that kind of time to waste on someone with such limited knowledge of Finance and Economics.

number-pages-regulations-added-to-federal-register-each-year-1936-2012-projected.png

Now are you as a claimed brokery guy not aware of the sub prime being rolled into mortgage securites and sold off as triple AAA instead of the turds they really were?

Why were they rated Triple A?

that is a regulation on Issuers not brokers

More ignorance. Not surprising.

Reg FD is a regulation on everyone in the securities industry. You don't have to be an issuer to be charged with insider trading. You can be an average investor. Me, as a stock broker, can be charged with giving advise to someone with incomplete or discrete information which has not been made public to the market. A pity you didn't look up the term Insider Trading, but I guess I can add this to your list of shortcomings. Along with your inherent economic illiteracy.

So, my question again, did a single broker not follow Reg FD?

Last edited:
Selective Disclosure and Insider Trading

The rules are designed to promote the full and fair disclosure of information by issuers

The Securities and Exchange Commission is adopting new rules to address three issues: the selective disclosure by issuers of material nonpublic information; when insider trading liability arises in connection with a trader's "use" or "knowing possession" of material nonpublic information; and when the breach of a family or other non-business relationship may give rise to liability under the misappropriation theory of insider trading. The rules are designed to promote the full and fair disclosure of information by issuers, and to clarify and enhance existing prohibitions against insider trading.

This is about insider trading and is aimed at Issuers NOT brokers

WOW and you claim to be a broker?

how long you been a broker dude?

Being a Stock Broker doesn't keep me immune from poorly phrased questions.

How many Brokers rules were held back for 8+ years ?

This is HUGE stuff in the broker world to NOT have regulations for nearly a decade.

how the hell could you not know about it and call yourself a professional?

Brokers had no regulations for nearly a decade? Wow!
Just when I think you can't get any dumber. LOL!

So you have yet to offer ANY rule on the brokers as you have been requested

That's nice.

You're very good at saying alot, but ultimately not saying anything of value.

A federal appeals court signaled that a U.S. securities regulator's proposed $285 million civil fraud settlement with Citigroup Inc might end up back in the hands of the same judge who rejected it more than a year ago.

The settlement was intended to resolve U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission charges that Citigroup misled investors by selling a $1 billion collateralized debt obligation in 2007 as housing prices were falling, without revealing its bet against the underlying mortgages.

Read more: Appeals court hears arguments in SEC's case against Citigroup | Fox Business

you just keep saying nothing inresponse to a mountain of facts

Forum List

Back