Ebook Readers?

This is COOL.

The free ebook management program Calibre will convert HTML and RSS feeds into ebooks for Kindle, Nook and Sony (plus a host of other e-readers and smartphones).

It will also convert ebooks from one format to another.

Description from Wikipedia: Calibre (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homepage for download: calibre - Download calibre

I love Calibre. I started using it last year - wonderful way to organize one's ebooks.

Have you checked out Project Gutenberg? A lot of great, free books available for download.

I have a first generation (bought it the week they came out!) Kindle -I love it. I use a program called "calibre" to download any digital book in any e-format and it converts it for use in the Kindle. It is an absolutely wonderful, life enhancing device. You can make notes, highlight, and book marks in any book. You can get hundreds of thousands of free books or low cost books that cost $1.00-$5.00.

Amazon is a dream to work with too. I wanted to read the new book "Cleopatra- A life" by Stacy Schiff. The Hardcover costs $30.00. With a 40% discount at B&N I am still laying out $18.00 plus tax.- and I have to drive there to get it. With the Kindle, I downloaded the book in 60 seconds while sitting on my couch and paid $9.95 complete. (it's a great book by the way, I just finished it this morning for a book club I am a part of)

I like to share books with people I know. Amazon has a new feature- I CAN NOW LEND MY E-BOOK to another Kindle user for up to 2 weeks.

For me the Kindle is something I cannot live with out. I love, love, LOVE it.

For the book industry - It's a game changer. A writer can self publish and keep the lions share of the sales. No middleman, no printing, no pulp, no paper.

Forum List

Back