EBOLA is probably coming to USA

aww , I don't worry about it MOONGLOW , course I'd try to avoid infection but I don't fly , I don't hang around LAX or any other metro airports . My concern would be for large population centers that have large international air traffic . Universities with large population and arriving and departing [coming and going] international students would also be a concern . Me , I'm just a hayseed in a pretty lightly populated area . Course , everybody is going to die one way or the other !!

same here , I think that Ben is pretty smart . There was no reason to bring it here . Still , the airports and travel won't be shutdown [economy] so its just a matter of time I guess .

Was under the impression it's already here. In Georgia. :)

Insofar as diseases to worry about being here or not, bubonic plague hits about half a dozen people every year in the US. It's the bug responsible for the 'black death' in Europe wiping out millions. Fortunately, it's easily cured with relatively simple antibiotics.

Remember when the AIDS epidemic started and Reagan did nothing? As long as it's only the gays, who cares?

Same thing with Ebola and Africans.

Then two Americans get infected.

same here , I think that Ben is pretty smart . There was no reason to bring it here . Still , the airports and travel won't be shutdown [economy] so its just a matter of time I guess .

Well, if you look at Republicans health care plan, it's better to let them die.

Of course, some would want to bring them here and study what is going on so a vaccine could be developed.

Oh wait, Republicans believe vaccines cause autism. Guess that's out.

I woulda studied EBOLA in Africa , no reason to purposely bring it hereto the USA in my opinion .

The virus spreads by close contact with bodily fluids...

Okay, I'm not too worried, then. :) Or does that mean if someone with ebola drools on the handle of their shopping cart and I'm the next one to touch it I might get it? Sheesh, I hate to be one of those weirdos who walks around with plastic gloves on their hands, but I will if I have to.

I have one habit that I think really helps keep me from getting sick very often. As soon as I get home from being out in public, shopping, at work, or whatever. I wash my hands. Of course, what are you going to do about infected people who may have touched the items you're buying?

I'm kind of a nut when it comes to washing hands. One day I decided to keep track of how many times I wash my hands. I lost track at 37. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back