Ebola doctor, hero or asshole do-gooder?

Why is this in the religious section?
Where would a better place be to put it? This is "religion and ethics", and it seems like an ethical issue to me.
They'd close the thread if it was in politics, no???

I just put up an Ebola thread in the political section. I bet they don't close it. :biggrin:
It was more than an Ebola thread, it was a thread about the political implications of Ebola, if I recall right.

Been doing heavy duty housecleaning, so I am not too focused on USMB.

I am sure if he knew he had Ebola he wouldn't have been out and about. This man was doing good, noble work and happened to become inflicted while trying to help save the lives of others. We'll have to wait and see if he infected anyone else while he was unaware of his condition. I hope he hasn't and wish him a speedy recovery.

Unless he pissed or shit on someone, they're not going to get it. I doubt that he vomited or bled on someone at the bowling alley.

Sweat. Rental shoes. They need to notify anybody with the same shoe size who was bowling there to self-quarantine (Not kidding)

BS, you can't get it from sweat, and you certainly can't get it from rental shoes, ding dong.

Ban rental shoes! Burn them all!
Let's not stop there --- ban shoes!!

Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

shoe-thrown-at-bush-o.gif

If you had any ethics, you wouldn't be slamming a doctor who's been out saving lives.
We don't if he's saved any lives. We do know that he is running around NYC and causing all kinds of problems for Americans.

You and Fixxed News are the only ones running around causing problems, spreading hysteria.
CNN out Ebola-ing Fox from what I hear.

I didn't realize anybody still watched CNN. :biggrin:

Why is this in the religious section?
Where would a better place be to put it? This is "religion and ethics", and it seems like an ethical issue to me.

If you had any ethics, you wouldn't be slamming a doctor who's been out saving lives.

This should be in health.

He should lose his licence to practice in the US if he lives.

What a feloniously irresponsible asshole he is.

Good grief.

i wonder why authorities now feel compelled to quarantine his family members and contacts who are currently non symptomatic, if they were not concerned with quarantining the doctor for 3 weeks upon his return from overt exposure...??

why can't the doctors family members just go about their life on the nyc city subway too, since they are not symptomatic..??

iow perhaps a real "abundance of caution" should have these returning doctors quarantined in the first place!

Dr. Spencer had been working with Doctors Without Borders in Guinea, treating Ebola patients, before leaving Africa on Oct. 14 and returning to New York City on Oct. 17, according to a city official.

Much of the public’s concern focused on the movements of the patient the night before he reported feeling ill on Thursday morning.

He traveled on several subway lines, went bowling in Brooklyn and took a taxi back to Manhattan on Wednesday. He assured officials that he was not symptomatic at the time.

Health officials said that Dr. Spencer reported his symptoms to authorities at around 11 a.m. on Thursday and was quickly rushed to Bellevue Hospital Center and put into isolation. He still had only a low grade fever.

The question of exactly when Dr. Spencer started developing symptoms is critical because the authorities want to find anyone he came into physical contact with during this period, no matter how small the risk of contagion.

Dr. Spencer’s fiancée, Morgan Dixon, who lived with him, has been quarantined at Bellevue Hospital. Two other friends whom he had contact with have also been quarantined.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/25/n...ackage-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Dr Spencer, 33, left Guinea on 14 October, and returned to New York City on 17 October via Europe.

On Tuesday he began to feel tired, and developed a fever and diarrhea on Thursday.

He immediately contacted medical services and was taken to the city's Bellevue Hospital, where he is being kept in isolation.

BBC News - Ebola outbreak New York doctor Craig Spencer tests positive

YOU'LL HAVE TO DO THE PANICKING FOR US, DOUG

A New York doctor named Craig Spencer has returned from Guinea
infected with Ebola, and even the New York Post doesn't seem to be trying to stir up panic -- its lead story is measured, there's a "10 facts about Ebola" list that's reasonable and responsible, and the Ebola editorial avoids hysteria, and takes only a mild swipe at the Obama administration. If that's the worst we get, we're going to be in good shape.

There's far less fearmongering out there than I would have expected -- though
Doug Powers, at Michelle Malkin's site, seems to be rooting for fear:
Number of people saying 'do not panic' about Ebola might be about to drop now that it's in NYC

... The MSM's approach is about to swing wildly:
Actually, no. It's not going to happen here -- at least it's not going to happen among people who aren't trying to stir up panic for political gain, which even thePost isn't doing yet. We lived through 9/11. We lived through anthrax. You watched those moments on TV in the breakfast nook, Doug and Michelle. So shut the hell up.

Maybe it's not that we're so tough -- we're just dealing with something that's become real for us. Fearmongering is easy when you're sending fear out into a population you're not a part of. The on-air personalities at Fox can cynically stir up viewers' fears because the Foxers themselves don't really lose sleep worrying that Ebola-infected undocumented Mexican-Muslims will overrun their
cushy suburban homes and then vote illegally on absentee ballots obtained by the New Black Panthers and ACORN. It's a remote fear for them, so they can callously stir it up. The same goes for the usual CNN fearmongering -- it's out there. But this is real in New York, and the normal human reaction is kicking in: we're seeking answers, we're looking for reassurances, and we're sharing the best information we have. Our sense of fellow-feeling is kicking in.

And we actually want our leaders to do a good job (even Giuliani-haters rooted for him after 9/11). It's not like the last six years of American politics, when right-wingers wanted the government to fail, and wanted the economy not to recover for ordinary workers, because that served their purposes and they assumed theywouldn't suffer any negative consequences as a result. We know there's a slightly elevated risk for ourselves and our neighbors. We want the public response to be a success.

W'll be fine. Now you go panic.

I am sure if he knew he had Ebola he wouldn't have been out and about. This man was doing good, noble work and happened to become inflicted while trying to help save the lives of others. We'll have to wait and see if he infected anyone else while he was unaware of his condition. I hope he hasn't and wish him a speedy recovery.

Unless he pissed or shit on someone, they're not going to get it. I doubt that he vomited or bled on someone at the bowling alley.

Sweat. Rental shoes. They need to notify anybody with the same shoe size who was bowling there to self-quarantine (Not kidding)

BS, you can't get it from sweat, and you certainly can't get it from rental shoes, ding dong.

better check where you are getting your information from.... Ebola can certainly be passed on from sweat.

Ebola
is a severe, infectious often-fatal disease in humans and nonhuman primates ... stool, urine, sweat etc. of an infected person and soiled linen used by a patient. It can be spread through contact with objects,

Ebola Facts Whether You Can Catch It on the Subway and Other Handy Facts - ABC News

better check where you are getting your information from.... Ebola can certainly be passed on from sweat.

Ebola
is a severe, infectious often-fatal disease in humans and nonhuman primates ... stool, urine, sweat etc. of an infected person and soiled linen used by a patient. It can be spread through contact with objects,

Ebola Facts Whether You Can Catch It on the Subway and Other Handy Facts - ABC News

Okay, true, but there's still no reason for panic. If the good doctor broke a sweat at the bowling alley, I doubt any passerby's are going to come up positive. And there's no reason to go hating on this doctor, or voting Republican to prevent the spread of Ebola. It's not something you catch from casual contact. Last I heard, they stopped monitoring the 40-something that were in contact with Eric Duncan.

This morning I decided to flip back and forth, between MSNBC and Fox news. On this subject, it's like flipping from night to day.

Last edited:
He's an asshole. Any schmuck wanting to be a do gooder can STAY in the shithole they went to. Bear shits in the woods but doesn't bring it home to its den.

The World Health Organization disagrees with you: "People can be exposed to Ebola virus from direct physical contact with body fluids like blood, saliva, stool, urine, sweat etc. of an infected person and soiled linen used by a patient" Frequently Asked Questions on Ebola virus disease - WHO Regional Office for Africa

The World Health Organization disagrees with you: "People can be exposed to Ebola virus from direct physical contact with body fluids like blood, saliva, stool, urine, sweat etc. of an infected person and soiled linen used by a patient" Frequently Asked Questions on Ebola virus disease - WHO Regional Office for Africa

I've already admitted my error on sweat. Thank you.

Will you ever admit your error on Obama?

Will you ever admit your error on Obama?

That he brought Ebola to America?

Judge-Judy-Eye-Roll-Thumb.gif

Forum List

Back