Easy refutation of claimed Christian belief

Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion Public Life

major_religious_traditions.gif

2nd largest group in the USA.

And probably much larger than that.

Its funny but its now more accepted to say you believe in invisible, magic beings flying around your head than it is to say you believe in science, in things you can hold in your hand.

How weird is that?

Yup!

If you compare the number of people who actually go to church each Sunday then that says that there are plenty of people who are Christian In Name Only.

7 Startling Facts An Up Close Look at Church Attendance in America

1. Less than 20% of Americans regularly attend church — half of what the pollsters report.
While Gallup polls and other statisticians have turned in the same percentage — about 40% of the population — of average weekend church attendees for the past 70 years, a different sort of research paints quite a disparate picture of how many Americans attend a local church on any given Sunday.

Initially prompted to discover how church plants in America were really doing, Olson, director of church planting for the Evangelical Covenant Church (covchurch.org), began collecting data in the late “80s, gradually expanding his research to encompass overall attendance trends in the Church. In his study, he tracked the annual attendance of more than 200,000 individual Orthodox Christian churches (the accepted U.S. church universe is 330,000). To determine attendance at the remaining 100,000-plus Orthodox Christian churches, he used statistical models, which included multiplying a church”s membership number by the denomination”s membership-to-attendance ratio.

The Numbers

His findings reveal that the actual rate of church attendance from head counts is less than half of the 40% the pollsters report. Numbers from actual counts of people in Orthodox Christian churches (Catholic, mainline and evangelical) show that in 2004, 17.7% of the population attended a Christian church on any given weekend.

16% stacks up nicely again 17.7%. Odds are that 16% is probably an under count.

You "non believers" are a distinct minority in the USA.

Only takes 14 million Jews to secretly run the world's banking system, Hollywood, etc.

Don't underestimate the power of a minority. ;)

"Non believers" are the 3rd largest group in the world and no single group of "believers" are a "majority".

rel_pie.gif

you used a picture. It must be true.

Oh the irony.

:rolleyes:

Easier proof is God doesn't exist at all:

- God created the world. He put many things on it he then forbade us to eat and do. Ok, we'll take God's word for it some things are bad for us.

So, why'd God make things that'll kill us like cyanide, anthrax (from cattle which isn't forbidden,)and various other things but not forbid those. Or even give us a heads up like don't eat red leaves?
Stupid god forgot to print an owners manual.......well that proves it

Easier proof is God doesn't exist at all:

- God created the world. He put many things on it he then forbade us to eat and do. Ok, we'll take God's word for it some things are bad for us.

So, why'd God make things that'll kill us like cyanide, anthrax (from cattle which isn't forbidden,)and various other things but not forbid those. Or even give us a heads up like don't eat red leaves?
Stupid god forgot to print an owners manual.......well that proves it

Which god?

Don't most religions have a rule book?

1) if they believe in Jesus then why the accident insurance,

What if it was Jesus' will that I get accident insurance?

2) if they believe in Jesus why the medical insurance.

See 1)

3) if they believe he's coming back then where is their home for him built furnished and ready for him?

What are you talking about?

4) if they truly believed then they wouldn't need to argue for him in his behalf.

Nonsense. It is people like you that present the need for us to argue on his behalf.

5) if all will see his face and bow then why spend millions trying to convert people?

Better than killing and torture, agree?

Why force convert or torture or kill people in doing so?

See previous answer.

Only takes 14 million Jews to secretly run the world's banking system, Hollywood, etc.

good point------I have noted that some of the same people who adamantly deny that jews ever sojourned
in Egypt-----INSIST that jews----constituting a tiny fraction of a percentage point of the world's population
manage to CONTROL the rest of the BILLIONS---their minds, their souls and their money------JOOOOS IS DA GODS

0.22% according to that chart :)

99.78% of human beings must be absolute retards if they can be controlled by so few. :)

(mutters paranthetically)

I can't get noisy neighbors not to be noisy. Not sure I buy the Jews control anything hypothesis. :)

Penelope: You are so wrong in so many levels & it's because you don't have an understanding of Judaism.
What part of the term God is not a man nor form not to be anthropromorphized do you not understand? The so called names are not names you give figures, they are descriptions describing the Essence in life we call G-d not to be confused with idol gods and figure deities of other cultures. One such description the Torah states in many places is in the name of the holy city YeruShalem- Shalem means completeness and wholeness, the essence to become all we could and should aka evolve.
That is why the city is holy and a focus-beacon to humanity because the name alone is like a cliff note-everything we need is in that name- purpose of life,
path, discerning right from wrong-good from bad, even the legend reveals the battle between the false ideology teacher and the rightful one bringing peace thus city of Shalem becoming city of Shalom.

See 1)

3) if they believe he's coming back then where is their home for him built furnished and ready for him?

4) if they truly believed then they wouldn't need to argue for him in his behalf.

Nonsense. It is people like you that present the need for us to argue on his behalf.

5) if all will see his face and bow then why spend millions trying to convert people?

See previous answer.

"What if it was Jesus' will that I get accident insurance?"

So his will is for you to get insurance and then he causes an accident.

If you buy that scam, you better buy this while there's still time.

:uhoh3:

Derideo said: Religions bash each other all the time. This
OP and thread are evidence of that happening here
and now.

Your post did what it complained I did and yet it bashed what was rationalism, you called rationalism bashing, that would be like complaining about allied forces talking about the bad things Nazis did or in our time what Saddam did. But worse you left out secular society in those who bash faiths.
Fact: a refiners fire always singes those it's meant to purify and will seem like bashing which is why people flock towards liars who give them what they want to hear rather then those risking popularity to give you what you need to hear.
Lastly secular society benefits from deprograming brainwashed idol worshipers, so to complain sbout liberation of all from silly Santa Claus stories is to spite yourself and probably the reason why the world still hasn't grown out of it's myths all these ages and why Volltaire's claim Christianity would die out in his age of reason did not come to fruition. =you shoot yourself in the foot when you do this.

and now.

Your post did what it complained I did and yet it bashed what was rationalism, you called rationalism bashing, that would be like complaining about allied forces talking about the bad things Nazis did or in our time what Saddam did. But worse you left out secular society in those who bash faiths.
Fact: a refiners fire always singes those it's meant to purify and will seem like bashing which is why people flock towards liars who give them what they want to hear rather then those risking popularity to give you what you need to hear.
Lastly secular society benefits from deprograming brainwashed idol worshipers, so to complain sbout liberation of all from silly Santa Claus stories is to spite yourself and probably the reason why the world still hasn't grown out of it's myths all these ages and why Volltaire's claim Christianity would die out in his age of reason did not come to fruition. =you shoot yourself in the foot when you do this.

And yet you failed to refute a single one of the facts I posted!

Go figure!

See 1)

See previous answer.

Funny you guys should bring this up because the church actually uses the protection money scam, protection from themselves, but also you can buy favor to get to their kingdom in death. That's mimicked in the mobs shake down schemes.

See 1)

See previous answer.

Funny you guys should bring this up because the church actually uses the protection money scam, protection from themselves, but also you can buy favor to get to their kingdom in death. That's mimicked in the mobs shake down schemes.

That's essentially what religion is.

Just a huge insurance scam with no pay off.

You pay and pay and pay your "premiums" (aka tithing) and never get anything in return.

Think about it.

It really is the perfect scam.

and now.

Go figure!
and now.

Go figure!

See you can't be honest, so how does that make your secularism better then those religionist you say lie?
fact how can answer 6 people in 2 minutes if you claim there is no God nor miracle?
How can I answer something that was your subjective and flawed opinion and not a question?
I did refute you, you said I Didn't yet you replied to my reply that you just claimed didn't happen nor existed.
Lastly your reply once again did what you claimed I did, you avoided refuting the points raised, displaced it and Bashed. Check mate!

See 1)

See previous answer.

That's essentially what religion is.

Just a huge insurance scam with no pay off.

You pay and pay and pay your "premiums" (aka tithing) and never get anything in return.

Think about it.

It really is the perfect scam.

Bingo! Rome was having trouble with the tax revolts, so what better way then to mask taxes behind offerings.
For Rome to make kingdoms submit to their whims and authority and to collect money from them they had to now cleverly hide the Political power behind the mask of religious authority with cultural familiar masks thus converged deities and mythologies pleasing each culture they ruled over. This is called the two horn (power) system, which is why the symbolism of the devil is the scarlet (color of Rome) with two horns (powers) both political hidden behind it's religious authority. Now Rome could stick it's feet in many kingdoms like warned, and be unsuspected nor challenged, while also collected taxes without revolt in the form of tithes to the cultures gods. Collecting money for salvation and homage to their deities when that money was lifting high Romes power and authority as the real god of this world speaking behind the mask of the one world religious image named Jesus which was masking his father Baal thus father & son are one (same mythology)

and now.

Go figure!
and now.

Go figure!

See you can't be honest, so how does that make your secularism better then those religionist you say lie?
fact how can answer 6 people in 2 minutes if you claim there is no God nor miracle?
How can I answer something that was your subjective and flawed opinion and not a question?
I did refute you, you said I Didn't yet you replied to my reply that you just claimed didn't happen nor existed.
Lastly your reply once again did what you claimed I did, you avoided refuting the points raised, displaced it and Bashed. Check mate!

:rofl:

Deceleration Meltdown Alert!

Pogo Statistikhengst

:lmao: at that gibberish!

See your game was over and you found it necessary to continue to bash & throw a tantrum liken to a child throwing the chess board to the ground.
When a basher bashes someone for bashing that is called a double negative and is thus a compliment, so thsnk you I will thus continue to light a refiners fire on the bashers of humanity so we can all see the impurities rise to the surface in order to skim them away and leave a more pure & valuable end result.

Car and Medical Insurance is State mandated. Please allow me, dear Government Worshipers, to have a Religious Exemption for those. And Federal Taxes while we're at it.

Thread fail.

Your reply failed, it took portions out of the whole conveniently ignoring what you needed to avoid. What you did attempt failed also. Medical is only recent explain past needs and Christians voting for such forced medicsl insurance. Explain other countries with non forced medical plans that Christians apply for?
Car insurance is problematic because you'd have to explain the added higher medical coverage when lowest required default would suffice. Maybe Indiana will give you your wish and religious belief exempt you *lol*

"Non believers" are the 3rd largest group in the world and no single group of "believers" are a "majority".

rel_pie.gif

you used a picture. It must be true.

Most aren't as trusting as Mormons who'll take a person's word for it golden tablets contained another testament of Jesus and when asked to see them for some reason they couldn't be produced, but it really happened nonetheless. ;)

Who is taking anyone's word for it? Do you bother reading what I write at all? The beauty of the restored gospel is you don't have to take anyone's word for it. You can go to the Lord and find out for yourself. In fact, you are expected to.

Forum List

Back